The cost for all items on the "blackmarket" in Black Ops 4 would cost you $1,880.83

The3rdWalker

Theoretically speaking, if you had bought every single item that was introduced to the Blackmarket, this is how much you would have spent.

Operation First Strike:

CoD Points = 44,900 CP

• USD = $345.35

Operation Absolute Zero:

CoD Points = 55,100 CP

• USD = $423.80

Operation Grand Heist:

CoD Points = 28,300 CP

• USD = $217.67

Operation Spectre Rising:

CoD Points = 20,100 CP

• USD = $154.60

Operation Days of Summer:

CoD Points = 23,800 CP

• USD = $183.06

Grand Total:

CoD Points = 172,200 CP

• USD = $1,324.48

This means that if you purchased the standard edition of the game at launch for $60 USD, purchasing everything from Blackjack’s shop would have you spending just over 22x the amount of the base game.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've thought it was more especially when they are charging £20-30 for melee weapons and guns that were free in other games. I don't think those figures take into account the nerfed elements i.e a user spent $1000 to max out their thin air levels on First Strike and got nothing but a thank you in return. It's horrendous either way. 

22 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Theoretically speaking, if you had bought every single item that was introduced to the Blackmarket, this is how much you would have spent.

Operation First Strike:

CoD Points = 44,900 CP

• USD = $345.35

Operation Absolute Zero:

CoD Points = 55,100 CP

• USD = $423.80

Operation Grand Heist:

CoD Points = 28,300 CP

• USD = $217.67

Operation Spectre Rising:

CoD Points = 20,100 CP

• USD = $154.60

Operation Days of Summer:

CoD Points = 23,800 CP

• USD = $183.06

Grand Total:

CoD Points = 172,200 CP

• USD = $1,324.48

This means that if you purchased the standard edition of the game at launch for $60 USD, purchasing everything from Blackjack’s shop would have you spending just over 22x the amount of the base game.

Is there any of that stuff that a person can earn through in game currency or loot boxes?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is there any of that stuff that a person can earn through in game currency or loot boxes?

It varies - some things can only be accessed by Black Ops pass holders who bought the X operation entitlements but then still may need to grind for 350 hours or earn it through an non-disclosed change of supply drops. The first operation alone required the user to play something like 7 hours every day for 10 weeks. You can only really get stuff in-game by a deliberately stifled grind or buying supply drops. It's a mess really. Everything else is a direct purcha$e between 10-40% of the cost of the main game itself. 

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The first operation alone required the user to play something like 7 hours every day for 10 weeks.  

That's actually not true. If you got a win a day then you could complete it. But that would still take a win a day for 50 days.

Activision have just gotten greedier with each new Operation. At first you could earn every weapon from playing and now they're locked in "surprise mechanics".

Plus there's all the other cosmetic shit that costs and absolute fortune to buy. £20+ for a single item? Fuck right off with that shit!

The way they're handled BO4 really makes me wonder just how badly they'll fuck up the new MW.

fart.gif

12 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

That's actually not true. If you got a win a day then you could complete it. But that would still take a win a day for 50 days.

That was when the tier limit was 200 I think but then Activision extended it to 1000 tiers when they realised people were spending insane money to rank up rather than play the game.  

2 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That was when the tier limit was 200 I think but then Activision extended it to 1000 tiers when they realised people were spending insane money to rank up rather than play the game.  

I know that. I was just stating that the first operation was actually pretty good for the consumer. But then they got greedy like they always do.

fart.gif

49 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I know that. I was just stating that the first operation was actually pretty good for the consumer. But then they got greedy like they always do.

I thought the first operation was awful with over 800 blank $1 tiers or playing 10 games of TDM for just one tier. It was probably the least scummy for greed but in terms of implementation, it was a total embarrassment. The original 200 tiers with a 50 day limit meant you had to earn 4 per day every day which equated to 40 TDM matches or nearly 400 minutes of play. OR just pay.  They eventually improved the format of the operations but also increased the greed. I got out just as they nerfed the first operation. 

MW will be good for a week then it'll be a nightmare especially with the Gunsmith milking opportunities there.