Role Queue - Huge Overhaul to Overwatch

GazzaGarratt

Pretty significant changes.

You will now be asked to pick the role you want to play before heading into a quickplay or a competitive game. Tank, DPS or Support. Once you find your game, you will be only allowed to choose a Hero out of the role you've pre-selected.

They want to push the 2-2-2 format as they want the change in the meta which is already being seen in playtests and the fact that some heroes will be getting some substantial changes.

I need to rewatch this one as its 16 minutes long but they probably needed a shake up to the game to keep it fresh...i'm just not sure forcing every team to be 2-2-2 is the way to go.

At least they'll be 3 rankings you'll have now so if you end up having an awful score on one, you have 2 more chances to get your rank higher on the other 2 😄

What do you guys reckon? Good change or will it not be worth the effort?

Played a few games now with @LordBaguette and then @crispymorgan @tronic44 and @Misneach_. I have to say I really do like the new queue system. It does mean that you feel a little extra pressure on learning and ensuring you have at least 2 decent picks in a class (Damage, Tank, Support) but it means you're more likely to be paired with decent teams and people that actually want to play their Hero they're looking for.

Unfortunately, I'm really not sure how the grouping up will go once we all have our scores. As you can now have 3 different comp scores, i believe you have to be closer to each other to play in a group. I'd be really disappointed if we can't get everyone together if we all give this another go again.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Played a few games now with @LordBaguette and then @crispymorgan @tronic44 and @Misneach_. I have to say I really do like the new queue system. It does mean that you feel a little extra pressure on learning and ensuring you have at least 2 decent picks in a class (Damage, Tank, Support) but it means you're more likely to be paired with decent teams and people that actually want to play their Hero they're looking for.

Unfortunately, I'm really not sure how the grouping up will go once we all have our scores. As you can now have 3 different comp scores, i believe you have to be closer to each other to play in a group. I'd be really disappointed if we can't get everyone together if we all give this another go again.

It's exactly like that @GazzaGarratt, so if you're relevant SRs dont line up then you cant play together. Hopefully it'll still be ok though given there are a the different roles. I've done my placements for tank (2750ish) and healer (3000ish). But given the queue times on dps I've not even done 1 game!!

15 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

It's exactly like that @GazzaGarratt, so if you're relevant SRs dont line up then you cant play together. Hopefully it'll still be ok though given there are a the different roles. I've done my placements for tank (2750ish) and healer (3000ish). But given the queue times on dps I've not even done 1 game!!

Are you kidding me?! 2750/3000?!

My main player is Tank and I'm at 2000! I didnt think I sucked that hard but clearly something is wrong as I was usually up at least 2500.

Is it 250 the gap? I think I'm gonna start picking up DPS heroes in Quickplay to work at them.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:24 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Gap at Plat/Gold is fine at 1k as I remember so wont be an issue. It's when it ticks over to diamond and then it shortens to 500.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:43 AM, Stretch616 said:

Gap at Plat/Gold is fine at 1k as I remember so wont be an issue. It's when it ticks over to diamond and then it shortens to 500.

Okay, not too bad then still. Gotta get some practice in!

On 9/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, Stretch616 said:

Looks like there was a bug and placements will have to be done all over again. It seems that some pros were getting put into bronze and all sorts of weird shizzle. Watch this space..........

Nah, i'm pretty sure it said it was a small Comp beta for Role Queue as I seen it was ending about then. Here's hoping it won't affect my next score though.

5 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Trouble is, if I load Overwatch up again that's me lost to the game again...I've got SP stuff to be clearing 

Hey, i'm all in for losing ourselves for a whole night. The days when we all played about 10/12 games all through the evening were legendary. Now I know you have it there's no escape.... 😄

Have it and love it.

I'm not a grand master by any stretch, but I hold my own.

Seem to be one of the rare players that will choose my character for the team....if we need a medic, I'll do it...tank...ditto. Team above individual 

21 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Have it and love it.

I'm not a grand master by any stretch, but I hold my own.

Seem to be one of the rare players that will choose my character for the team....if we need a medic, I'll do it...tank...ditto. Team above individual 

Ace, i'll arrange a few nights where we'll all get back online and get some games going! I have you on PS4 now so hopefully can invite if you don't see the event we'll put on the Calendar 😄

21 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

So season 18 is properly live now with role queue and 5 placements needed in each category. Would be cool to have a session soon if we can rally some peeps

Defo! I need to find a few nights so we can arrange to be around. I'll need to know when you ain't working so late though!