NASA's 50th Anniversary of Apollo Space Mission - Moon Week

Thought this was a nice little read. Looks like there is a decent live feed available on Friday about their future plans to visit the Moon and Mars.

apollo_50th_full_color_300dpi.png
WWW.NASA.GOV

NASA will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 Moon mission and look to the future of exploration on the Moon and Mars with a live, two-hour television broadcast Friday, July 19, and partner-led...

Love Space stuff. I must admit i would've thought we'd have made some more ground on space exploration in the past 20 years. Maybe more to come in the next 20.

NASA hasn't had any funding in the last 30 years.  Thats why private companies like SpaceX have popped up out of nowhere and surpassed NASA technology in many respects.  Pretty sad, but NASA has been a political football for too long.  We got wars to fight (start)  you know.  Not to mention free college, universal student debt forgiveness, Medicare for all, and reparations to pay for.  Oh, and mexicans and stuff.  NASA doesn't buy any votes

On 7/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, McNasty said:

NASA doesn't buy any votes

Thats the unfortunate truth of it all, I agree. But I think what the benefit that everyone could see around the world way back when they went to the moon was that it brought everyone together around the world behind a good news story. And we need more of those. Space exploration is important, there is so much more to explore and figure out in that universe which you would hope help us understand and develop some brand new things never seen before.

I still appreciate it will always ever be a nice to have for most people. Just a shame that it feels like its had the social 'Love Island' treatment, that its now boring and not exciting like when a girl ditches a bloke behind his back to kiss them and then goes to them. Like, what drama, you know? That's whats relevant now. 😶