FIFA 20 v PES 2020

J4MES OX4D

Both games seem to be pushing the broadcast camera this year which is good for immersion however it hasn't been done well since the PES 3,4, 5 and 6 days with gameplay feeling skewed from this angle and not optimised properly when compared to the default camera. If they get it feeling and performing right, it could be a refreshing change. FIFA looks improved but I hope this extends to the career mode which has been neglected for many years now because of UT and kid gambling. PES looks similar to last year and seems to have adjusted well to the new camera. They also have more partnered teams than ever before it seems and hopefully the dated back-end interface and format which is still reminiscent of the PS2 era has finally been given a much needed modern overhaul. 

I believe to sum up both of the games- FIFA has evolved into a gambling game with soccer mechanics. The cash cow is solely the FIFA Ultimate Team and nothing more. PES is more about the true soccer experience. I think PES would gain booming popularity if it became a "game as service" with one single base game that is met with seasons or dlc whenever a new mode is designed. (They aren't really innovators, it's just a roster update)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

27 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

I believe to sum up both of the games- FIFA has evolved into a gambling game with soccer mechanics. The cash cow is solely the FIFA Ultimate Team and nothing more. PES is more about the true soccer experience. I think PES would gain booming popularity if it became a "game as service" with one single base game that is met with seasons or dlc whenever a new mode is designed. (They aren't really innovators, it's just a roster update)

FIFA has basically been the same game for years with only a few 'improvements' to the core gameplay and presentation. PES has come along way in recent years but of late, improvements have dried up and not been as prominent or noticeable by virtue of the strides the series has made. It's kinda gone as far as it can in its current state. PES is also extremely moddable with full squads and kits being made available on PC and console before the game is even released plus the PC version is now seeing AI improvement mods. These would dismantle any service platforms aspirations (that FIFA has basically been representing for years) so their best bet is to make significant strides once again to the gameplay to justified continued annual purchases. 

Both games are nowhere near where they should be though. FIFA has ultimately (ironic word) not gone anywhere and PES gave themselves so much work to do for years just to get back to square one where they should've been in the first place. I'll probably pick up PES 2020 cheap off CD Keys as per usual. 

On 7/17/2019 at 9:45 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Juventus sign with PES and wont be licenced in FIFA 

_107902531_gettyimages-1084571354.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Fifa 20 will be the first game in 25 years not to feature the licence for Serie A champions Juventus.

I don't want this ever to happen to prove a point but when will they just release licences for a reasonable cost so both FIFA and PES can have all the kits so people can just decide which one feels the better footballing experience for them. Unfortunately too many people pick FIFA because of the 'thrill' of FIFA packs and licences.

I don't think this will change much in the upcoming years, regardless of Juventus' allegiance switch because Konami are extremely tight when it comes to stumping up licence fees.

Football games for me were the be all and end all way back in my teens and I can't deny I miss that feeling. It will still take a lot to regular get me back there because of how much the games these days are reliant on you having a claw grip technique on the controller so you can use all 74 buttons at once to do a step over and pass back to the keeper.

Those graphics look insane.

RE: the licenses, surely they should just come as a package type deal? It'll get to the stage where half the clubs are on PES and half on FIFA, which would be awful lol. Already going to be weird enough for PES players having all dodgy names except just Juve

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

RE: the licenses, surely they should just come as a package type deal? It'll get to the stage where half the clubs are on PES and half on FIFA, which would be awful lol. Already going to be weird enough for PES players having all dodgy names except just Juve

The whole Italian league is fully licensed in PES except this time Juventus is included when before it was the only team that wasn't.  PES 2019 also had the Scottish, Belgian, Spanish, French (L1, L2) Russian, Turkish, Danish and Dutch plus a few other top flight leagues from around the globe. This includes full names and kits - even unlicensed teams have real names unlike the old-school PES with the likes of Roberto Larcos, Ruud Vom Mistleroum and Ryan Greggs😂 

The partnered teams in PES (fully licensed) also include the respective stadium so Old Trafford and Juve's ground will be in 2020.  The beauty of PES is the editor where Konami have been crafty and made it very easy to mod and obtain real names and kits for sides that aren't fully licensed - there are day one patches and online USB downloads that can do this thanks to some highly skilled dedicated modders. 

FIFA is fully licensed top to bottom including all competitions however Juventus have broken away to be the first team ever to do this and instead they will have the name Piemonte Calcio in FIFA with real player names but not the kit or the stadium just how it was in PES before they signed for them instead. 

This is an example of what modders can do in PES🤣

maxresdefault.jpg

On 7/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, Dan94 said:

This. Good job football games for me win on gameplay more than graphics...but I can't lie that it makes it a little more tempting.

The day one patch modders are insane - as James said, really crafty by Konami to get other people to do their job for them. Actually, its quite a good business model so they don't have to work on a big part of artwork.

When I'm back from hols i'll have a game of the PES 2020 via the demo and see how it feels.

1 minute ago, Dan94 said:

My work colleague has access to the closed fifa 20 beta. Said its absolutely awful, all players are so slow and gameplay is lethargic.

Then I think we should try the PES demo together when i'm back to see the contrast. @phil bottle you up for it again?

Then I think we should try the PES demo together when i'm back to see the contrast. [mention=141]phil bottle[/mention] you up for it again?
Only problem with the demo is I don't think we can play each other online, randoms only.

There's three speeds you can play at, I use the middle one as the default is a little too slow and the fast is a little too fast.

It's a good game that feels like playing football and rewards good passing and build up play. Though online is more frenetic.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Only problem with the demo is I don't think we can play each other online, randoms only.

Ahhh, thats pish. Never mind, i'll try it anyway and see how it feels. I think any game that rewards build up play is the way to go.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:31 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

PES 2020 secures the EURO 2020 rights 

PES-2020-Euro-2020.jpeg

Hopefully it'll be as authentic as possible with all stadiums rather than just the teams playing at the Konami Stadium or some crap.

Great news. I thought they usually get the Stadiums if this happens.

4 hours ago, Smurfie86 said:

Hoping PES isn't such a let down this year as it has been in previous years tbh.. I've been a Fifa fan boy for years solely just because of pro clubs, I believe if PES added this feature into there game alot more people would sway towards it, every year is the same with both games, not a great deal added.. although I am looking forward to this new Volta mode on Fifa this year but that's pretty much it.

Volta looks very disappointing for me. I was interested in something like FIFA street but the mode just looks a bit wonky and underwhelming as well as being very cheesy. A wasted opportunity it seems. 

14 hours ago, Smurfie86 said:

Hoping PES isn't such a let down this year as it has been in previous years tbh.. I've been a Fifa fan boy for years solely just because of pro clubs, I believe if PES added this feature into there game alot more people would sway towards it, every year is the same with both games, not a great deal added.. although I am looking forward to this new Volta mode on Fifa this year but that's pretty much it.

I think that's why I don't revisit FIFA as much now because PES is the far superior gameplay but just doesn't have a few modes which would make it the clear winner.

It's that frustrating that you just wanna tell Konami to build Pro Clubs and watch their income burst through the roof.

I've said it for 2/3 years now I've wanted us to get in to footy game together. Bought PES last few years and even FIFA 19 off a mate for 15 quid. Still haven't played it though as I'd rather play a game of PES. Even Master League is more inviting to play than career mode for me.

21 hours ago, Smurfie86 said:

To be fair PES 19 was the most played PES I've played since number 6.. as every year has been totally awful since in my opinion, but I liked 19.. I liked how Myclub works which is there rendition to ultimate team, alot more chance of bagging decent players in myclub without spending £100 on packs to get an 84 rated mata 🤣 

Sadly ill get both even though FIFA is a god awful game, but I only use it for clubs every weekend, wont be spending a penny on UT..

Looking forward to purchasing PES too.. as said in the previous post, If they were to add pro clubs, they'd possibly double there sales, because everyone that plays fifa hates it, but they play it because pes doesnt have clubs lol

Its barmy isn't it. At least I know I could get a good promotion at Konami with ideas that smack you right in the forehead.

I may go back to PES 19 until we really see how many people buy the next football games this upcoming season. I really don't think they can both charge full AAA prices any longer. I don't think just adding a FIFA Street mode deserves the extra cash either.