Returning Exotics

GazzaGarratt

This debate has been rumbling along for quite a while now and it feels to me like it divides the Destiny players somewhat. So let's see what you think here and what's the happy medium going forward?

My personal opinion is that I dont care that they bring them back providing enough new exotics are created along side them. I need to pull the facts from somewhere but I'm pretty sure we have around 60 new exotics (includes armour) whereas we have around 16-18 Destiny 1 exotics.

We've always wanted a world where the game evolves and feels like it's one big game. Especially as most peoples complaints from D1 was that they couldn't take their stuff with them to D2.

It's kinda weird to me they just forget that's how they felt and those people are the same ones to slate another Exotic comes back that's 'boring' cos we've seen it before.

I think it also boils down to how they play. Imo it's worth looking at new exotics and making them relevant and trying not to make a D1 exotic way more powerful than new ones as perception makes the newer ones feel even worse.

What do you reckon? Happy to see more? Dont want to see anymore? What should they do?

I don’t have a problem with them bringing back old exotics. However I do wish they were quest driven only. Not to be put into the loot pool. It seems like a lot have been given by quest but I wish the quest was able to be gotten at anytime. Looking at you thunderlord. 

I don't mind if it's a fun quest as most infact all get stuck in the collection and never get used. 

I have an issue with how grindy and how your forced to play modes that you'd normally avoid, it's definitely designed that way bungie have always wanted you to play their way. I wish they would give multiple routes to new quest loot.

12 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I don’t have a problem with them bringing back old exotics. However I do wish they were quest driven only. Not to be put into the loot pool. It seems like a lot have been given by quest but I wish the quest was able to be gotten at anytime. Looking at you thunderlord. 

Yeah, maybe most of them being quest driven makes more sense so there is a guaranteed way of getting them. However, I thought most were? Thunderlord was offered as a quest. Twice. I'm pretty sure it'll come back again.

7 hours ago, techno said:

I don't mind if it's a fun quest as most infact all get stuck in the collection and never get used. 

I have an issue with how grindy and how your forced to play modes that you'd normally avoid, it's definitely designed that way bungie have always wanted you to play their way. I wish they would give multiple routes to new quest loot.

Partially agree. Some guns are specifically made to excel in those game modes e.g. Last Word and Thorn for PvP, Breakneck for Gambit, etc. If the gun is going to be pretty crap in all other areas so you wont use anyway then it's not a bad thing if you dont go for it.

On the other hand, whilst I won't use Last Word or Thorn much, their quests have been really engaging and have some great one off missions involved in them. People that dont try them should just to experience a different style mission. Ace of Spades had one too with Caydes loot stashes.

I'd love to see Zhalo Supercell come back as that was fun as hell to use in PvE and I wouldn't mind Fabian Strategy because it was a really good PvP weapon for me.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

FYI Thunderlord is in the loot pool. Got another one 3 weeks ago. 

Yep, even @Diddums dropped it outside of the quest. Unlucky Chris @TigerBurge 😂

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, maybe most of them being quest driven makes more sense so there is a guaranteed way of getting them. However, I thought most were? Thunderlord was offered as a quest. Twice. I'm pretty sure it'll come back again.

Partially agree. Some guns are specifically made to excel in those game modes e.g. Last Word and Thorn for PvP, Breakneck for Gambit, etc. If the gun is going to be pretty crap in all other areas so you wont use anyway then it's not a bad thing if you dont go for it.

On the other hand, whilst I won't use Last Word or Thorn much, their quests have been really engaging and have some great one off missions involved in them. People that dont try them should just to experience a different style mission. Ace of Spades had one too with Caydes loot stashes.

I'd love to see Zhalo Supercell come back as that was fun as hell to use in PvE and I wouldn't mind Fabian Strategy because it was a really good PvP weapon for me.

Im fine with loot specific having to use the specific gamemode bit all round weapons it would be nice to have multiple different ways to achieve them.

7 hours ago, techno said:

Im fine with loot specific having to use the specific gamemode bit all round weapons it would be nice to have multiple different ways to achieve them.

Its actually good point you make. I've seen a few steps acting like that recently, such as on Lumina, you have to get 35 points which you can do through either Blind Well, EP or Forges. I'm hopeful we'll see more of those but equally I think they do this to gauge what the interest is in the community on which stuff they'd rather do to get the points.