New Windows Xbox App

I can't even download games from the store anymore.  Before E3 I had started Imperator: Rome downloading but paused it so my stream wouldn't lag.  Next day I go to resume the download and now I can't download anything from the store, I can't even download the new Xbox App.

EDIT: fixed now, I needed to clear my store cache.  Anyone with the same issues, just do method 3 here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/microsoft-store-something-happened-on-our-end-try/24344bab-aef8-4091-a200-9f30fafd93e5?auth=1

The one thing Microsoft must sort out is their file compression on PC. 130gb for Gears of War 4 is a joke PLUS downloading is incredible unreliable on there.  People have reported spending all day downloading only to get screwed over at the last minute by a corrupt download or interruption leaving them to start over. I think they were planning on releasing a patch that took it down to 90gb but that much for a two year old game!? 

On 6/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/xbox-game-pass-on-pc-will-cost-dollar5pound4-a-month/

Looks like I'm gonna be playing Metro Exodus for £1 this month😎

This is actually fucking awesome. 

On a side note, I did it slightly differently. I already had Xbox Live Gold and converted that to the Ultimate Pass (for £1 lol), which means i have access to the Ultimate Pass until April 2020. 

Metro is downloading now 😊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@phil bottle mine ended up something similar.  Only for about 3 months though, as I purchased game pass when it was  £1 on a deal.  You should have bought some more time before upgrading, I hear people are doing that to maximise the amount of ultimate they get for cheap.

Any word on when it leaves beta? as the cheap price is only until then, but I may end up keeping it going after.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:28 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Looks clean enough. Far better than the Windows 10 Store abomination. 

w6MWwgRbUdwdcWizbx5Uhj.jpg

wmjtmkW3xSDHYqbfxLVX7o.jpg

TAZ44drrGwrwpUUXSKFQQ3.jpg

Is it just me or is it looking more Steam with a little Discordy feel? Looks miles better though for sure!

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is it just me or is it looking more Steam with a little Discordy feel? Looks miles better though for sure!

Yep, it's a pretty clean and well-organised format in a familiar template. As long as they don't bloat it with unnecessary features or overly-complicated menus, it should be very user friendly and easy on the eye for everyone.  

The new Xbox App is still in Beta and it clearly needs work.

Happily downloaded Metro Exodus for free but the next day I loaded it up it wouldn’t launch. Apparently the issue is widespread. So I’ll hang back a little longer before installing any new Windows games to my PC.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg