Overwatch 2

J4MES OX4D

Big news and definitely excited muchly. Especially as this is more looking likely to be more focused on PvE rather than PvP.

Theres a chance it could even sit alongside Overwatch 1.

Overwatch has a massive story they could flush out and expand way further than the Brawls they've created already.

9 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

How asinine is a move to make a sequel rather than continue the title...

I can only assume that the decline in popularity leaves them no choice but to do a complete refresh of a new game to bring people back. Doing this may actually kill the original off or maybe it'll offer enough differences that both games can sit side by side. It means they can also be paid off once again. A new expansion probably wouldn't have been enough to bring people back or sell enough so a brand new game of a dying brand by rejuvenate it. 

Having said that, this being Activision Blizzard; I bet it was originally an add-on but they've decided it sell it as new for the ultimate cash grab. 

I’d like to see them use it as a PvE and keep Overwatch, although I didn’t realise there had been much of a decline. Like Lee says, there’s definitely enough of a story for them to pad it out and turn it into a stand alone game. 

Fingers crossed for it because I’m a big fan of overwatch 

Let's face it. New games sell better than xpacs. Especially on a game over 3 years old now.

It makes total sense to have PvP and PvE in an Overwatch world.

If they could keep maintaining 2 separate games they could keep the sandbox environment fully independent of each other.

Personally, I would rather see it being added into the existing one. PvP or PvE, it's still Overwatch so it'll be anit annoying to swap games when you want to do either one on a game night. Not a deal breaker though.

It HAS to be more than just Brawls though. That would be lazy work on the vision of PvE Overwatch.