The Menagerie

GazzaGarratt

The Menagerie is a 6 player, matchmade activity with multiple rooms of "challenges" to fill up your meter to eventually face a final super boss with mechanics and carnage at each stage.

Staged around the Leviathan belly and other areas that you may have seen on the Leviathan Raids, you travel to each section against different mechanics and different types of bosses.

A new end boss will be introduced each week for the next 3 weeks and then a heroic version will become available which wont have matchmaking active due to the high power and co-ordination potentially required at that level.

What an awesome activity. Just what Destiny needed!

Been waiting patiently for some years to get another 6 player activity outside of a raid and just Crucible Quickplay and my God, this is brilliantly put together. Very much has a feel like a Raid Lite.

Matchmaking works perfectly, raid banners are useful before each encounter. EVERY encounter feels different but at the same time is a big ball of carnage - especially whilst we're slightly underpowered but Power does scale. There are at least 6/7 different encounters to face and even after that there is a super boss which was created in a super way with mechanics that aren't too difficult but enough to challenge you to work with some co-ordination to get the job done.

They have nailed this and it's already my favourite thing to do after staying up til 2am to get a few runs with FGers going.

It also make you feel like you can try a raid out and when things seem to going stale you can change it up and go into the 'Monj Tu' and crack some skulls in the most fun way possible.

The Chalice has also been well thought out, offering a balance between allowing for different weapons and armour to drop with a way to guarantee drops that you want. Also has an upgrade tree which is something to work towards for even better rewards.

Considering we had this drop and a new raid too, only until now you can see that the Annual Pass was the right way forward and far more better value for money than what they've offered in the past. This game has so much you can do now. But all I want to do is get my ass home play this damn mode!

We need to all pick this game up immediately. It's so worth it right now. And more stuff to come too.

Its like they've took all the fancy awesome fun mechanics we like from previous raids and put them all into a montage of madness. Top fun and something that can always be completed, not like a Raid.

58 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

is there a benefit to completing the rounds quicker?  better gear?

I believe as long as you get one of the timed stages done, chances of getting Menagerie loot will happen.

Dont know 100% though. Last night our run we did we couldn't get any stage finished but then later on I did one with @Horrible_Hector @igotmollywhopped and @reaper-2201 and we finished a stage before the timer and I got the Calus Mini Tool.

More info will start to come out though about more stuff and how to do it. The pros will want to complete stages so you can get efficient atbit and run it 3-4 times in an hour or so for farming specific drops. That's why I think it has a great balance.

@Bluebear has given me some links to some great images to help you understand if you want a chance at a specific weapon or armour from the Menagerie then these are the types of runes you should use in combination:

6tdW1Fs.png

EzOgjqy.png

Be aware people that the chests on the Gold Barge on Nessus currently have a weekly reset on a Sunday. It wasn't intended and they will revert it to the weekly Tuesday reset when they have found a way to do this.

Just now, Capn_Underpants said:

I've only ever gotten purple runes. How do I get the other colored runes?

Via the FG App

You need to unlock 'Rune Compatibility 1' to get Red ones which is the left hand bottom upgrade circles. 'Rune Compatibility 2' is for green ones and 'R&C 3' is for blue ones. Likelihood is you have enough imperials from bounty completions and Triumphs to get the next upgrade.

You need to unlock 'Rune Compatibility 1' to get Red ones which is the left hand bottom upgrade circles. 'Rune Compatibility 2' is for green ones and 'R&C 3' is for blue ones. Likelihood is you have enough imperials from bounty completions and Triumphs to get the next upgrade.
Ohhh OK. I was told to do the bottom right tree first.

Via the FG App

3 minutes ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Via the FG App

You should do the first upgrade on the right but not all of them. You then should switch to R&C if you want different loot to drop. I think its more fun to have the chance for different loot with random rolls whilst you upgrade all the other stuff on your chalice.

If you're struggling for Imperials I did a quick guide for us all here 😄:

Season of Opulence - How to get Imperials

Via the FG App

Exactly as Lee says above, do one on the power&efficiency then switch to the far left compatibility ones. When you unlock them you’ll start to see red runes. Unlock another then you get green and last ones for blues. I’ve unlocked them all and find the blue ones seem very rare to get. I suppose they’re for the better weapons/armour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Teenwolf25 said:

Exactly as Lee says above, do one on the power&efficiency then switch to the far left compatibility ones. When you unlock them you’ll start to see red runes. Unlock another then you get green and last ones for blues. I’ve unlocked them all and find the blue ones seem very rare to get. I suppose they’re for the better weapons/armour

I'm finding that i'm getting more blue rare runes when I've had a top performing game in PvP or i've completed a Powerful reward challenge. That doesn't mean they don't drop though from other activities.

I'm finding that i'm getting more blue rare runes when I've had a top performing game in PvP or i've completed a Powerful reward challenge. That doesn't mean they don't drop though from other activities.

Ye sounds about right to be fair. I opened all the chests earlier on the barge as I completed the last bounty and got one blue out of them all. My chalice is set up now to get the Epicurean with reload masterwork. Hopefully I’ll get more in time ready for reset.

Don't forget all, Menagerie Gold Barge currently has a Sunday reset. So go get your new gold chests later today after you've saved up 75,000 Glimmer.

Don't forget all, Menagerie Gold Barge currently has a Sunday reset. So go get your new gold chests later today after you've saved up 75,000 Glimmer.

I opened all mine yesterday... does that mean I can open them all again later today??

I opened all mine yesterday... does that mean I can open them all again later today??

Absolutely. Good job you opened them yesterday!
Yeah, glimmer is sparse. Seems like it takes forever to save up. 

Yep. Glimmer is now one of the most important things in the game, as it should be. They've said they wanted to make it more relevant.