Hell Let Loose

phil bottle

Any good?  I love the idea of these games but they rely heavily on being played by people and communication.
Downloaded it last night but I was playing Rage 2 all evening.

Will be giving it a bash this evening and I'll feedback after that [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looks decent but I'm going to hold back to see how it fares in the coming weeks. Needs a huge player count and a lot of these games dwindle in population too soon. Already a few key long-term backers are miffed at the direction the game has took from its original kickstarter design. Visually amazing thought and a superb job done on the maps. 

My gaming plans went a bit askew last night as I was tired. I managed about 20 minutes of this before popping off to bed.

That was enough time to check the graphic settings, rebind some keys and join a game.

I killed a guy with my smg and got sniped shortly after.

Runs smoothly enough.

The map is a bit confusing (I suspect its just a case of getting used to it).

The communication seems to be good. Strangers were talking to each other and trying to work together.

You can join a squad or start your own.

It's an early access game and it shows but it's also been released in a decent and fit state,  there's no rush to go out and grab it I'd say.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Concept of these game I have an interest in.. the communication part not so much 😅.  I don't know how this will perform on my aging GTX 980 at 1080p, so I think I'll wait until a free weekend is announced, so I can properly test the game before buying.  It looks interesting though.

It reminds me a lot of the Red Orchestra games. 

I played 45 minutes today. Bit annoyed the UI hasn't been touched in 2 years and the server browser is rudimentary, plus I died a lot and it's a lot to learn with no tutorial and there are geezers in my ear calling out commands to places in a map i hadn't worked out how to use yet, but you know what? It was brilliant 🙂

There's some optimisation needed but the gameplay is so absorbing and it's really quite satisfying if you like the hardcore experience.

Not totally sure how much I'll play, it as its not really a game to play solo, although I'm sure I'll dip into it from time to time.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Game coming to PS5 and Xbox Series S/X next month 

The difference between this and Vanguard from a quality standpoint is insane and the latter probably had 100x the budget. 

It's a really well done game, highly recommend it on PC. 

Did your hear WW3 is making a comeback too? If they get it out before BF2042 it might have a chance. But that also depends if they've fixed its issues.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's a really well done game, highly recommend it on PC. 

Did your hear WW3 is making a comeback too? If they get it out before BF2042 it might have a chance. But that also depends if they've fixed its issues.

Yeah, it's a shame WW3 didn't make a comeback sooner - seems the developers are hell bent on making it hard for themselves. Seems like they've made some sweeping improvements too but it may not be enought to sway people from Battlefield. A game like that relies on a big playerbase too and the more people apprehensive about jumping on board or coming back, the harder it is to grow and have basically a sustainable population from the get-go. Not sure how they'll go about it but if they can make a F2P model work then it may have a presence in the genre. 

So thanks to the generosity of FG's FGF, I claimed HLL from the store.  I wasn't sure what to expect with performance, I do remember trying it out during a free weekend and ultimately giving up due to performance.  To my surprise this game is running pretty decently now, feels more optimised for sure.  I can't make it look graphically pretty but it's playable for most of the time.  Frames do drop in more built up areas but due to the slow style of game, it's manageable.

It's a lot of fun, I do still struggle with communicating, I have my mic ready to go, but finding the commitment of talking difficult to overcome.

6 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

So thanks to the generosity of FG's FGF, I claimed HLL from the store.  I wasn't sure what to expect with performance, I do remember trying it out during a free weekend and ultimately giving up due to performance.  To my surprise this game is running pretty decently now, feels more optimised for sure.  I can't make it look graphically pretty but it's playable for most of the time.  Frames do drop in more built up areas but due to the slow style of game, it's manageable.

It's a lot of fun, I do still struggle with communicating, I have my mic ready to go, but finding the commitment of talking difficult to overcome.

If you fancy company I might reinstall it, I didn't find it the best experience playing solo. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Tried it some months ago. Spent ages moving to action only to be killed by a sniper, got old very fast. Too slow paced for my taste.

I had a similar experience. 😆 

I can appreciate how people would enjoy it but it wasn’t my cup of tea. I was also solo

and that probably didn’t help. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

@phil bottle, That sounds like a plan ☺️.  I want to get over that fear of talking and I suppose the only things I see stopping me is having nothing useful to say, sounding like an idiot, not being listened to / heard, sounding boring. Which pretty much sums it up 🤣

@NCA-Paendrag sure it was snipers? This game only takes a single shot to down an enemy. Running into open fields on the front line is obviously a bad idea though 😅.  

Had some amazing moments on the Foy map in the snowy forests.

I do love the sense of war this game gives off, not the Hollywood movie war action you find in CoD and BF games.

@Jason  @NCA-Paendrag if me and @phil bottlestart playing, and he sticks with it, perhaps consider giving this another go as a team? 

3 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

@phil bottle, That sounds like a plan ☺️.  I want to get over that fear of talking and I suppose the only things I see stopping me is having nothing useful to say, sounding like an idiot, not being listened to / heard, sounding boring. Which pretty much sums it up 🤣

@NCA-Paendrag sure it was snipers? This game only takes a single shot to down an enemy. Running into open fields on the front line is obviously a bad idea though 😅.  

Had some amazing moments on the Foy map in the snowy forests.

I do love the sense of war this game gives off, not the Hollywood movie war action you find in CoD and BF games.

@Jason  @NCA-Paendrag if me and @phil bottlestart playing, and he sticks with it, perhaps consider giving this another go as a team? 

I think the 'it's too slow' crew are on console only but yeah, I've reinstalled, so let's sort something out 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Next time it goes on sale for PC i'll try and take a look. I'd be happy to try it out on PC with a few FGers. Let us know how you get on @phil bottle and @Spacedeck!

6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I think the 'it's too slow' crew are on console only but yeah, I've reinstalled, so let's sort something out 🙂

Yup, us adrenalin junkies are on console.  At least I am.

Jumped on to sort my graphics and controls etc 

I'm at 1440p with a mix of mostly high and some medium settings. 

Found a decent server and tested it all out. FPS is over 100 and game runs smoothly.

Good to go 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 2/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, phil bottle said:

Jumped on to sort my graphics and controls etc 

I'm at 1440p with a mix of mostly high and some medium settings. 

Found a decent server and tested it all out. FPS is over 100 and game runs smoothly.

Good to go 👍

Bare with me, trying to stop my daughter having too much screen time after school, so introducing her to board games.  It's best when I jump on, I'll put myself in a Discord voice channel, so if you see me playing and in Discord, I should be ready.

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

Bare with me, trying to stop my daughter having too much screen time after school, so introducing her to board games.  It's best when I jump on, I'll put myself in a Discord voice channel, so if you see me playing and in Discord, I should be ready.

Sure, when you're free just put yourself in an FG gameroom and I'll join if I see you 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg