BF4 Complaint Thread

Dr Diamond

Considering this is a completely different game on PC and next gen, this is more applicable to ps3/xbox, but you may find these things are also issues.

Spawns

For whatever reason, DICE have decided they need to have some fast paced COD-esque maps and game modes (domination this means you). this is fine, i like domination, but the spawns are ridiculous. domination is a unbelievable cluster fuck at the best of times. Spawning in on a team mate who is anywhere near the middle of the map is pointless. This i found out very quickly.

So the alternative is to let the game spawn you slightly away from the action, but this is no problem seeing as the maps are small. but spawning me onto a claymore ? spawning me onto a grenade ? Spawning me directly in front of 3 enemies ? seriously ? what the fuck is this bullshit ! im chosing to spawn away from the action because this happens all the time, are you now telling me i cant spawn in anywhere safe?

Connection/TTK

It feels like i am playing black ops 2 again, with the ridiculous discrepancy between what i see on my tv screen and what the other players are seeing. I am dying from a single or double hit. if i take damage and retreat, i am normally at 20% health.yet i have consistenly found that when i am hitting someone, i get several hit markers, die, and find that they are on 75 or 50% health...if i am dying from what appears to be single hits, what the fucking hell are my bullets made of ? jelly ? tissue paper ? advent calander chocolate ? what ever it is, its fucking bullshit.

The connection is really noticable for me. especially so with fucking support shotgunners. i am running into people or getting the drop on someone when i know they are coming. i shoot first with an lmg or AR from medium-short range. i get several hit markers, then i die, then i will see the shotgun pellets flying at me. after i am dead. i die, and then they fire their shotgun. what the fuck is this, time travel ? am i stubling across wormholes that teleport me into the future where i have just died. its awful, and makes me feel like im playing bullshit-lag-comp-dont-be-kind-kill-me-when-you-rewind-call of duty game.

furthermore, i am running into people, and i am getting my shots off first. yet i am the one who dies, while they are on 7% health or some shit. i am aiming first, shooting first, getting the first hits, yet there appears to be no supression...which leads me onto the last thing that is pissing me off...

Suppression

the suppression seems to have been clearly dumbed down to entice newer players. in bf3, getting shot at repeatedly effectively rendered your vision useless unless you moved. now, i am having point blank gun fights where i shoot first, yet there appears to be no suppression acting on the other play whatsoever.

all in all, there are some good things about this game which i like. it is new, and it is fun, but it is tiresome losing gunfights to things i once again, cannot control. BF3 was so flawless. i never lagged, or could even tell that i lagged if i did. the suppression was great, spawning was mostly fine. once i got into bf3 more and knew what the fuck was going on, i would regularly go positive with an average of about a 1.5 k/d in TDM and RUSH, and often was top or top 5 in the lobby. now i am seriously struggling to go positive , despite slowing it down a bit and chosing gunfights that i know i can win (which half the time i dont because of the above).

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I stand by my initial opinion that BF4 is probably the worst FPS game I have ever played.  I have tried to get into it but the sheer contrast between this and Battlefield 3 is staggering.  

I agree with much that you have said although the above is my experience on the PC and not the 360/PS3 versions.....which makes it worse!

been perservering and it has gotten better now.

i do miss the stats at the end of each game telling you, your kd, higest streak, nemisis victims, longest headshots, kpm, etc.

the lack of stats in the soldier menu is a bit annoying to, unless im being thick and am missing something ?

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

been perservering and it has gotten better now.

i do miss the stats at the end of each game telling you, your kd, higest streak, nemisis victims, longest headshots, kpm, etc.

the lack of stats in the soldier menu is a bit annoying to, unless im being thick and am missing something ?

On PC, everything is stored on Battlelog - what system are you playing on DD? 

Fix the GOD DAMN sound glitch!

And snipers on rooftops/everywhere, OP shotguns and pistols gets boring fast.

Play on servers in your Region, sound glitch is gone. 

I haven't had it once I learned that trick

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Play on servers in your Region, sound glitch is gone.

I haven't had it once I learned that trick

I have had it happen and I always set the search for my region.

Today it happened 4 different games.

Honestly I think it's luck. Lol

Have gone days without it happening, then like today on four different servers.

Weird.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I must be daft, but how do you search for your own region?

I tried europe, but couldn`t find anything. What do I sue as a search word??

:ph34r:

Once you are in the server browser click down on the right stick and move over to the right until you see it.

Not sure why but dropped in a game earlier killed one guy next one no hit markers nothing chased him round emptied the gun into him nothing.

Use your sights.....

IDK man, not much to really go on without video. Typically when I empty a clip into someone and come up dry, my wife will tell me, "Nope, you were to the left/ right/ etc". She loves the game so she sits with me all the time and calls out shit I miss, which is quite a bit.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Not sure why but dropped in a game earlier killed one guy next one no hit markers nothing chased him round emptied the gun into him nothing.

That has happened to me before.

There has been some weird stuff going on. Just about every other game last night I was getting no sound. One game I couldn't ADS,switch weapons or knife. Just hip fire.

Ha first time I engaged him he filled most of the screen.

My wife also has a habit of sitting there going " err no he's on your team/ health pack there its there!!"

Oh man, my wife is all the time "reminding" me to medkit up, or drop this, or do that....

helpful reminders are helpful -.-

Probably just a presentational error but it annoys me when i die in a gunfight and my enemy kills me and has 0 health and moves on without dying.

About the sound glitch. If you finish that game the sound is back to normal the next game. Sucks if you join at the start of the game though.

Probably just a presentational error but it annoys me when i die in a gunfight and my enemy kills me and has 0 health and moves on without dying.

About the sound glitch. If you finish that game the sound is back to normal the next game. Sucks if you join at the start of the game though.

Its a glitch. It used to show one health. They tried to fix it and failed. Noe it shows zero