Shadowkeep - Next Chapter of Destiny 2

GazzaGarratt

D71F-wFUwAAsTWu.jpg

Bungie tweeted this out yesterday. Expect this via Twitch and YouTube and also expect to see Luke Smith on the stream. 5pm GMT if you need to translate the timing.

This is most likely be far bigger news than the upcoming Season of Opulence.

This is the first ever Bungie will be going it alone proper and something tells me this will be a pretty big announcement. For some reason i'm feeling like they are going to release some content that we either 1) don't expect or 2) did expect but we'll get it for free. The Annual Pass was a killer for a lot of people and I think they need to see how it compares to other games that are in the market.

With the new CoD not having a season pass, I think they'll have to look at Eververse and see what they can do with that - I also think with how they are remodelling Eververse, I'm pretty comfortable in them charging what they want to in that space. Overwatch has done it for years with random loot boxes so allowing direct purchases for what you want is fine and hopefully supports the game better.

The head of E3 is also meeting them an hour for a live discussion after their reveal just under a week after this (June 11) so its really heading for some large positive news - just at a time when it needs it the most.

There's a huge leak that happened yesterday related to tomorrow's reveal via in game dataminers.

Speaking to @Horrible_Hector he believes they wanted everyone to find it which I can agree with totally.

Here it is. It is a big DLC coming this fall when all that was expected was another annual pass. Excited muchly 😄

IMG_20190605_010337.jpg

It really was. Unfortunately, my current Destiny fix and watching England in the semi final delayed my thoughts on it.

Heres a quick breakdown I've grabbed but I'm pretty sure there's more.

• Destiny 2 will be free to play and includes everything will available to play virtually straight away
  • F2P game is called Destiny 2 - New Light
  • New Light will be everything from launch up until end of first Annual Pass
  • Cross save confirmed for ALL platforms
  • D2 will release on Steam exclusively
  • D2 will be available on the new Google Stadia
  • Shadowfall is the new DLC for Destiny
  • The Moon will return in a new form
  • Eris Morn is back!
  • Season 8 will all significant changes to Crucible
  • New maps, new gamemodes, changes from bottom up
  • No trials....yet. The underlying changes need to be changed in PvP first
  • New Seasons moving forward will be a la carte. You dont have to buy every season to play Destiny

Theres quite abit more but that's from the top of my head and I couldn't watch the whole stream fully.

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to Shadowkeep - Next Chapter of Destiny 2

A few Shadowkeep's gun designs were released in the Bungie stream for GuardianCon St. Jude's Charity and boy they look goooooood.

shadowkeep gun 1.jpg

shadowkeep gun 2.jpg