Destiny 2 - Your Worst Bits (and how you'd change it to make it better)

GazzaGarratt

Thought it'd be worth a few threads about the current state of Destiny now that they are starting to embark on a future without Activision.

This one is for all your worst bits. But rather than just shit all over it, it would be good to hear how you would change your worst bits into making it a better game.

Maybe those changes could come in future seasons, or even D3.

I’m actually really enjoying destiny massively at the moment but there are a few things that need sorting :

Crucible competitive - matchmaking seems to have improved but can still get randoms v god-tier 4 stacks. 

Also, while I understand need for point deduction on a loss there should be some get outs (top 2 on a team exempt perhaps?)

Also make Rumble five glory points, no reason not to do this

Bunch of nerfs recently announced , some of which I get, but no buffs announced at the same time was ridiculous. Communication needs to be better!

Hoping the next raid is a bit less mechanic heavy 

Grind is overdone in places  (reckoning title !)

And RNG can be ridiculously punishing , took Charlie 50 raid completions to get one k voices , that’s crazy 

The fire team player count

Always bugged me from D1 days. The idea of having only 3 on patrol limits us as a group. Now we have 3,4 and 6 parties needed for different stuff. I'd love it if they could increase most stuff to 4 as a minimum and have 2 or 3 more 6 player activities.

To do a raid is sometimes a hard thing to schedule. And if you knock it out reasonably quickly there needs to be other things to keep the party together. Glad we have another 6 player activity coming in just over a week.

Quest length

Some quests, especially for exotics have been less than desirable. I loved the old style longer quests to get exotics. And even some legendaries too, dont just restrict it to Yellows. I'm not talking about Zero Hour and Whisper if you create a fantastic mission in it's own right but more steps communities can help each other with. That's what we all did in D1. Helped each other.

Bring back Prison of Elders

Underrated and concept could've been fleshed out so much more. Different enemies, more levels. A whole new loot pool with specific loot that can drop from each different boss. Variety within one mode helps the game.

Specific strike loot.

Not much reason to do strikes atm even though theres loads of them! The loot key system they introduced late in D1 would be ace. But then having multiple exclusive loot for each one so once you have a gun out of a strike, you can still do it again.

Infusion

I defended it initially. Infusion should really matter more than just keep infusing into your one loadout you found early doors and dont change.

However, if you make enhancement cores so scarce you feel forced too far into using some weapons you just dont wanna use. Hoping enhancement bounties from Banshee in a weeks time will be worth many cores each week.

Competitive PvP

When it's only fun in a group theres something wrong. Separate playlist from quick play is right but another playlist for groups and non-groups within Comp would be ideal. Solo players take a battering from Comp and therefore less enjoyable overall. Also, if they had more rewards or incentive for quickplay/Iron Banner it would reduce the issues we see today.

Im pretty vocal on comp PvP especially as mentioned solo v teams but that could be due to player count. I still think the penalty for a loss is too much and the grind to great, I get that stuff shouldn't be given away but at least make it feel like more casual players have a shot. 

Destinations, I haven't been in the dreaming city or the tangled shore for anything other than random strikes( which I have enjoyed grinding) for ages, don't see the need. I'd actually rather flesh out a few less destinations especially terrible ones like mecury, wtf no sparrows!

I'd like to see raids more fun and less mechanic heavy tbh since late desriny one I really haven't been bothered to do them I want to have fun when gaming not be a professional sweat, I could care less about world's first just make it fun. 

Weapons mostly pointless not since early d1 have I had a need to look further than my usual loadout for pve and PvP other than to do triumphs, in PvP especially change stuff up likely outcome you get destroyed. I remember in d1 changing weapons mid activity as it was beneficial now I have whole weapon types I never use. Most weapons are vault trophies.

Gunsmith pointless.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:02 PM, techno said:

Im pretty vocal on comp PvP especially as mentioned solo v teams but that could be due to player count. I still think the penalty for a loss is too much and the grind to great, I get that stuff shouldn't be given away but at least make it feel like more casual players have a shot. 

Destinations, I haven't been in the dreaming city or the tangled shore for anything other than random strikes( which I have enjoyed grinding) for ages, don't see the need. I'd actually rather flesh out a few less destinations especially terrible ones like mecury, wtf no sparrows!

I'd like to see raids more fun and less mechanic heavy tbh since late desriny one I really haven't been bothered to do them I want to have fun when gaming not be a professional sweat, I could care less about world's first just make it fun. 

Weapons mostly pointless not since early d1 have I had a need to look further than my usual loadout for pve and PvP other than to do triumphs, in PvP especially change stuff up likely outcome you get destroyed. I remember in d1 changing weapons mid activity as it was beneficial now I have whole weapon types I never use. Most weapons are vault trophies.

Gunsmith pointless.

Agree with a lot of that mate. Good news is that Competitive loss points now don't mean anything towards the Crucible Pinnacle Questin Season 7 as its all about the points. Good move I say as its gut wrenching to have one good night followed by a terrible one and feel like playing teh previous day was pointless.

No sparrows still in Mercury is ridiculous. They said they were looking to do it but i'm sure they said just before Forsaken they wanted to but because of priorities content was more important than this. I get that but you still sit here i think there must be another reason why its restricted.

The new 6 player activity i'm hoping for less mechanics, more just all out fun in a party of 6. I think thats where they should angle so raids can be mechanically challenging sometimes.

Weapons is an interesting one. I know if i didn't force myself to try out something else when the sandbox changes came out I would've just stuck with my loadout. I'm finding this time round there is more variety that can work for you but like all shooters, cod, battlefield, etc, its all down to your playstyle and attitude to try out stuff. I know on CoD MW i barely change guns when i've found one that i'm half decent with.

Gunsmith totally agree. Even with the new bounties coming next week to buy from him, i'd love to see Armsday come back as the underlying code and details of Armsday has been in the game somehwere for quite a while.

I saw that news about the pinnacle weapon which is cool.

I do try loadouts in other games as I like to change things up but I find the red death and crimson now health regen just too powerful a perk to give up. At least bounties help towards using difference stuff.