‘Modern Warfare’

J4MES OX4D

On 7/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I dunno, it looks pretty big unless the pic makes it look a bit distorted

562363-CODMW_tank_killstreak.jpg

Is this going in a War type mode?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

54 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Might do the fake preorder on Amazon to get beta access. Especially as PS4 comes first.

The pre-order beta is only two days long before the open beta which lasts another couple of days.  A week later we then get another beta phase  for all formats. This is also an open beta as well as a pre-order one beforehand. It's not bad this year as you don't have to throw your money at Activision just to try it or scramble around to get a free code. 

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

If this game is cross system and I buy the PS4 version, does that mean I have to shell out again if I want it on the PC as well?

Your best bet Dave would be to buy it on PC and use a PS4/Xbox controller if you wanted to play with other PS4 friends/users plus the PC crowd if you use a M+K. You get best of both worlds that way. 

If you have a first gen PS4 but half decent PC, I'd definitely go for the latter as the old consoles of this gen may struggle to run it and wont really do the game justice visually. Old gen support is waning badly now too. If you have a Pro tho, that would be fine. 

10 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Thanks guys....how long before the PS5 comes out do you reckon?

They reckon late 2020 at the earliest. I imagine it'll be September next year if we're lucky just in time for Black Ops 5 and the other annual releases.  I'm gonna try the open beta on both PC and PS4 anyway.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

By all accounts there will be an option for console gamers to opt out of playing against PC users.....i for sure would, controller vs mouse and keyboard...only one winner there 

I think it's purely input-based so if you opted in on console, you'd only face PC players using controllers. 

29 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

PC players using M&KB will only play against console players using M&KB. Doesn't help against the cheating fucks that use things like the XIM on consoles.

I wonder what will happen if a console player using a M+K opts out of crossplay? There seems to be a growing number of tryhard sweaties on R6 Siege using the mouse/keyboard on console plus in COD, there's so many players using heavily modded controllers that removes recoil and enhances aim assist. There will also be PC cheaters using aimbots with controllers  so they match on console which could be another big issue. 

IW may have a tough job on their hands and there's not much they can do. Keeping cheats on PC out of the mix is the priority and then I'd just hope not to run into the g-fuel $250 eBay modded controller mafia. 

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

PC players using M&KB will only play against console players using M&KB. Doesn't help against the cheating fucks that use things like the XIM on consoles.

I had to google XIM to see what you were referring to and it led me to this...

1557174812535-xim-apex.png?crop=1xw:1xh;
WWW.VICE.COM

Many players think the XIM Apex is an undetectable cheating device that's ruining video games. For some people with motor disabilities, it's the only way they can play.

it’s a reasonably long read but it does raise some interesting points

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

21 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I had to google XIM to see what you were referring to and it led me to this...

1557174812535-xim-apex.png?crop=1xw:1xh;
WWW.VICE.COM

Many players think the XIM Apex is an undetectable cheating device that's ruining video games. For some people with motor disabilities, it's the only way they can play.

it’s a reasonably long read but it does raise some interesting points

That article is a load of shit. Yes it might be used by some people with disabilities but the XIM is designed purely and simply to allow people to use M&KB undetected. They even brag about how you can constantly update it to avoid detection.

fart.gif

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

That article is a load of shit. Yes it might be used by some people with disabilities but the XIM is designed purely and simply to allow people to use M&KB undetected. They even brag about how you can constantly update it to avoid detection.

Easy, easy...I only put it up as an article for people to read, not a case for the defence 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

@Plumbers Crack, I would always say pick up a game based on where most of your friends play it. If graphics matter that much then buy a second copy for your PC. I'll see you in the lobby on our PS4s 😉

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb