BLACK OPS 5 CONFIRMED LOL!

J4MES OX4D

Sledgehammer and Raven have both removed as the main developers of COD 2020 and relegated to a support role. Treyarch have been appointed to lead the project and now have to scramble together another rushed game and dress it up as BO5 as they take charge of development https://kotaku.com/sources-call-of-duty-2020-in-upheaval-as-treyarch-take-1834858368/amp whilst then also working on COD 2021 for release the following year which will probably be Black Ops 6! Basically Treyarch have two years to make two games. 

This could quite possibly be the biggest embarrassment the franchise has ever faced. Black Ops 4 was already one game too many in the series and now we’re gonna be getting a rushed sequel with 5 plastered on it. I haven’t seen anything like it and Treyarch are going to be stretched beyond belief. The Black Ops brand is just a tag now for the latest generic game to be called and about an unimaginative as it gets. 

Black Ops 4 was bad enough in terms of being rushed, lacking content and having now forwarding strategy on content and community engagement so I dread to think how Black Ops 5 is going to turn out let alone 'Black Ops 6' a year later. Just shows that Activision cannot afford to take a year off. I can see what's left of Sledgehammer and Raven being merged or disbanded and then just having two primary developers IW and 3arc like the old days left. Not exactly a glowing future this series has going into an exciting new gen. 

What an absolute cluster fuck this series is now!

Activision really need to rethink how they make and sell these games. The best thing, in my opinion, would be to have a base game and keep adding new content to it. Like what Ubisoft are doing with R6 Siege. Clearly this yearly release cycle is stretching the dev teams well beyond their means.

fart.gif

26 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

What an absolute cluster fuck this series is now!

Activision really need to rethink how they make and sell these games. The best thing, in my opinion, would be to have a base game and keep adding new content to it. Like what Ubisoft are doing with R6 Siege. Clearly this yearly release cycle is stretching the dev teams well beyond their means.

Exactly. The COD Online format in Asia is super successful. Why we haven't got something like that is crazy. I can only assume we don't have a base game that is expanded over years is because most COD's are so bad these days that they are dead even before Christmas so there is nothing good to build upon. 

BO4 is the type of game that could have been built upon as it is middle of the road, has no campaign ties or a real identity - it's just a generic shooter but the fact they abandoned the MP may actually come back to bite them now with the situation they are in. 

They would be better off just having one giant continuous COD live service. We could get a new campaign each year sold as an explansion but the MP would be very much be a rolling thing like COD online that combines all current and historic games. 

4 hours ago, techno said:

I just searched it and it was there 🤔

There's something about hitting the wrong button and setting the age at 9

Jesus, if they can't even run their own Twitter nowadays, how were they going to make a new Call of Duty game😂

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-sledgehammer-games-twitter-shut-down/