The Jeremy Kyle Show

J4MES OX4D

Been taken off the air indefinitely after a guest has died a week after being on the show.  No further details have been released but it would seem it's related to the guest appearing. All upcoming shows have been cancelled, it's been removed from the ITV hub and repeats on ITV2 have also been taken out the schedule. 

I absolutely hate this show - it's basically a form of sadistic entertainment that takes advantage of vulnerable, poor and simply horrible people and dresses it up as a talk show that 'helps' guests with a range of problems. 

It's been on the air for nearly 15 years I think and although there has been glimmers where people have benefited; it's purely entertainment-based in its lowest form. If this death is directly related to the show itself then I hope it is banished from our screens for good.  

Hooray!  I leave the telly on in the morning for the dog, and I can hear that fucking clown prattling on.  Just leave the slot blank and it will be an improvement.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Hooray!  I leave the telly on in the morning for the dog, and I can hear that fucking clown prattling on.  Just leave the slot blank and it will be an improvement.

Crispy...Other channels are available!! 😂😂 Alternatively, if you have a smart TV, line up a few hours of YT vids of bands you like and you're both happy...simples!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

So it's now been axed. I enjoyed watching this show when it was on but I'm not surprised it's been cancelled now with the outcry.

Question is, was he a cheat or did the test get it wrong? If he did kill himself due to the guilt, that's on him and he's ruined a long running show just because he couldn't handle being found out.

38 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

So it's now been axed. I enjoyed watching this show when it was on but I'm not surprised it's been cancelled now with the outcry.

Question is, was he a cheat or did the test get it wrong? If he did kill himself due to the guilt, that's on him and he's ruined a long running show just because he couldn't handle being found out.

Although he maintained his innocence, the lie detector was believed to be correct in this case. The show can’t  be directly blamed for the suicide itself but it has raised questions about its concept, care, procedures and conduct of the show. He was the third person to kill themsleves after appearing on an intensive ITV entertainment program and was clearly experiencing difficulties in life before in which he probably shouldn’t been allowed to feature.

Other stories are emerging about guests being provoked, mislead, unfairly lambasted and even targeted purely for entertainment purposes with the ‘aftercare’ element being merely a get out of jail barrier for the show. For all the good it has done and it’s legacy, there has been a lot of lives ruined from it. ITV also upload highlights to YouTube choosing unfavourable headlines, pictures and edited to paint the guest(s) in the worst lights possible. Former guests feel they can never shake off the past because its online forever.

The real blame lies at ITV and if this didn’t happen then the show would’ve carried on as normal for many more years. Shame it’s taken this to wake them up but they really need to change their definition of entertainment.

Wife is depressed its been cancelled! I'm sure Maury will be back on my TV in a few weeks as an alternative.

Real question now is, if Jeremy Kyle was axed, how can Love Island get a third series? 2 people from their series have killed themselves in the last 12 months I believe. Sets a precedent for all reality shows.

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Real question now is, if Jeremy Kyle was axed, how can Love Island get a third series? 2 people from their series have killed themselves in the last 12 months I believe. Sets a precedent for all reality shows.

Typical double-standards and hypocrisy from ITV. They lost 5% of their value when the Kyle show got suspended and probably more now so I'm guessing they cannot afford to cancel Love Island on top. That would put a huge hole in their schedules particularly on ITV2 and premium advertisers would also opt out I'm guessing.  Caroline Flack is probably on a fair old whack too. 

I think ITV could probably spin it and say there is no direct link to Love Island and the suicides but they will do much better with aftercare to its contestants going forward blah blah. We may see subtle changes to the editing and concept though but there will definitely be a lot of scrutiny now. 

XFactor needs to go too - how many contestants that win get dropped barely a year later? Joe McAlderry, Steve Brokstein, Ben Haynow, Sam Bailey, Matt Terry, Matt Cardle and even Louisa Johnson. You get the Hollywood treatment for a few months and once the dust has settled, you get spat out and fade into the limelight only to go back to your original job or do a few theater/radio odd-jobs. Simon Cowell and his team loaded with lawyers don't give a fuck even if you win it. Now that the winners don't even get Christmas number one; he really couldn't give a toss and the contracts permit the contestant from ever speaking out against the process.