Sonic The Hedgehog 2019 (Now 2020)

J4MES OX4D

Image result for sonic the hedgehog

This is what it should look like! It currently looks like a dude in fancy dress.

Even the lighting and grading looks awful! This could be the first beta movie ever, they'll slowly upgrade it as the months go on. I imagine there'll also be DLC.

As @The3rdWalker says, Jim could be the only decent part of this film

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

Image result for sonic the hedgehog

This is what it should look like! It currently looks like a dude in fancy dress.

Even the lighting and grading looks awful! This could be the first beta movie ever, they'll slowly upgrade it as the months go on. I imagine there'll also be DLC.

As @The3rdWalker says, Jim could be the only decent part of this film

Look at how simple this shit could be fixed.

image.thumb.png.8b5b81893fa680e811229383c9a8aceb.png

Second I just don't get why they did the whole Michael Bay Transformers, here are the humans, go save their planet. No dude, I want to see the scenes and regions of the fucking video games. Their goal was to pull in our age group and man they missed the mark. 

I bet @GazzaGarrattwouldn't even find a positive for this. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Man...way to destroy anyone's Sega fanboy history as now everytime I say, 'I first got into Sega as they had awesome games' the reference will always be by the new kids on the block 'Oh, that stupid company with the skinny weirdo speed-hamster-rat movie'.

Ffs sake, I'm getting a little tired of cartoony type Disney-esque films turned int real-life ones. Jungle Book, Mowgli, Dumbo, Lion King might all conceptually look alright but there's just some films that need to stay in that type of format. Sonic would have been a clear one to do the same with - would've been ace to see a Labyrinth Zone. I know that my view might not be what the majority think but its the same as taking a famous song and turning it into a mainstream cover song of the current era.

Is there any time to fix the character at all before launch?

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Internet did it in an hour so hopefully they'll be able to do something in the next few months! 

D5cupMgXkAI0x86.jpg:large

They actually made Sonic look more like a man in a costume. A few tweaks and he actually looks like he should. 

I was so excited to see the trailer.  The ring sounds!  Awesome.   And then I saw Sonic.  Ugh.

Very disappointing to see how badly they messed his looks up.  Hopefully they can sort it and render the new character into the film without too much work.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Man...way to destroy anyone's Sega fanboy history as now everytime I say, 'I first got into Sega as they had awesome games' the reference will always be by the new kids on the block 'Oh, that stupid company with the skinny weirdo speed-hamster-rat movie'.

Ffs sake, I'm getting a little tired of cartoony type Disney-esque films turned int real-life ones. Jungle Book, Mowgli, Dumbo, Lion King might all conceptually look alright but there's just some films that need to stay in that type of format. Sonic would have been a clear one to do the same with - would've been ace to see a Labyrinth Zone. I know that my view might not be what the majority think but its the same as taking a famous song and turning it into a mainstream cover song of the current era.

Mowgli was based on the book, apart from that you're 100% correct.....zero bias from me :lol:

4 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I was so excited to see the trailer.  The ring sounds!  Awesome.   And then I saw Sonic.  Ugh.

Very disappointing to see how badly they messed his looks up.  Hopefully they can sort it and render the new character into the film without too much work.

If you want to take the one shining light of the whole thing so far its got to be SFX that have been integrated. Same when he does his spin off the car. For a half a second, it looks incredible and then he opens up from his sonic ball shape. Balls.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:20 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Response from Director

There's 2 schools of thought going on for this. 1 is that is amazing how community feedback has changed this so quickly and we get a Sonic we deserve but also 2 is how the hell will they do it with no changes to budget and less than 6 months to go so a massive concern on the developer wellbeing side of things.

You don't want to see someone ran into the ground for something like this but equally I don't think many would be able to get over how shitty Sonic looks and give it a piss poor rating regardless on how good the movie is.

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

There's 2 schools of thought going on for this. 1 is that is amazing how community feedback has changed this so quickly and we get a Sonic we deserve but also 2 is how the hell will they do it with no changes to budget and less than 6 months to go so a massive concern on the developer wellbeing side of things.

You don't want to see someone ran into the ground for something like this but equally I don't think many would be able to get over how shitty Sonic looks and give it a piss poor rating regardless on how good the movie is.

The way I have read it is there will most likely be a facial change which isn't that hard to do since it's all CGI

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Came here to post this....not much difference really 😳 Thank God it was sorted.

Just shows how much they well and truly fucked up the first one 🙈

IMG_20191112_183201.jpg

Bet didn’t cost a shit load to sort 😄 

It’s their own fault to be honest, was there not one single person in any of those meetings that said “he looks a bit weird doesn’t he?”

I hope this film does well, it’s a shame that it came down to them changing the characters look but at least they listened to their audience. All those who moaned about it and still say they won’t see it, need to go and watch the bloody thing! They fucking listened to you, now do the respectful thing by watching it.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:20 AM, tronic44 said:

All those who moaned about it and still say they won’t see it, need to go and watch the bloody thing! They fucking listened to you, now do the respectful thing by watching it.

I read when it came out someone said they might have made it that way to generate exposure...I don't think so personally but I can't help linking your sentence to that theory without me feeling that was an awesome marketing play! 😂

On 11/19/2019 at 7:24 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I read when it came out someone said they might have made it that way to generate exposure...I don't think so personally but I can't help linking your sentence to that theory without me feeling that was an awesome marketing play! 😂

There is no way this was a marketing ploy, it would have cost them a fortune to redo everything. 

*Sonic fanboy alert* Drum roll.... This film was ace!

Took the family last weekend to watch it and I must say it was really well made, great story how it unfolds and acting I think was pretty good overall. If you expect a super funny one, it isn't like that. Its very fun and feel good throughout where you have many 'smiley' moments and well put together scenes. I think the whole issue of him looking terrible and waiting to be redone beforehand helped in the positive outlook as I went in fearing the worst so came out highly surprised.

The sound FX are superb, Jim Carrey was egg-celent as Dr. Robotnik (see what I did there, hehe) and the chemistry between Sonic (Ben Schwartz) alongside his cop co-star James Marsden, felt seamless where in some CGI films they don't quite get that right.

The finale scenes were brilliant, coming from a Sega fanboy. Sonic gets supercharged, the music played in the background very late on is nostalgic to say the least and even the after credits scene makes you fill up full of Sega love 🦊

Its a solid 7.5 out of 10 - might seem weird giving it that after I praised it a lot. I think i could've been nearer 8 but factoring in I love Sonic above that mushroom-loving donkey Mario, and I went in expecting far less because the hype was removed it feels about right to be nearer a solid movie score.

If you enjoyed Sega when you grew up, then you need to be at a Cinema asap.