Does your headset work on PS4?

Madjonny

Does your headset work on the PS4?

I have a Turtlebeach PX3 and can only hear static from other players, I have tried searching youtube but what they suggest to fix, dosent work.

the best I have got is very quiet game audio which cuts out whenever some mic static comes through...

I wont be very happy should I have to buy a new 1... why couldn't they have just had the component cable in the back of ps4 like ps3?

blackops2sig.jpg

nvm still the same...

this is how it connected to ps3:

> usb> ps3

headset> wireless > receiver box

> component cable to tv> stacked with ps3 component cable> ps3

ps4 doesn't have the slot for the component cables in the back...

blackops2sig.jpg

all works fine when with the ps3... thing is even without a mic on all im hearing through my tv is static from other mics, so I need to wait till someone with a decent mic turns up...

I think the mic part does work although quiet, but I want mic and game volume through the headset...

blackops2sig.jpg

Right I managed to find this and well sort if have it working...

Although incredibly quiet, and if you adjust te volume on the headset it disconnects itself...

Setup:

2AD594D6-82D2-44D4-8B60-8187ECC6AFF9_zps

Audio output settings: what do I want? First option is what is on now...

Primary output: HDMI out- digital out (optical)

Output to headphones: all audio- chat audio

Audio format (priority): linear (PCM), Bitstream (Dolby), Bitstream (DTS)

blackops2sig.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

I reckon I need that...

Some say I do some don't...

But what does this mean?:

*Requires RCA OUT (stereo) jacks on television or audio receiver for PS4™ game audio.

I need/want the game and chat audio through the headset, and idk what that above statement is telling me about that tbh...

blackops2sig.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

I reckon I need that...

Some say I do some don't...

But what does this mean?:

*Requires RCA OUT (stereo) jacks on television or audio receiver for PS4™ game audio.

I need/want the game and chat audio through the headset, and idk what that above statement is telling me about that tbh...

blackops2sig.jpg

I see what you mean now, it's very confusing. I'd think you'd just plug that accessory into the 3.5mm port on the controller? Like you plug a pair of earphones into it and all the game and chat volume comes through clearly. No idea where you stick the other end.

The RCA jack should be audio output on the back of your TV which you already have your headset connected to. Does the box have a 3.5mm connector on it?

Have you seen this? At the bottom : http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517594/

Is it because the game audio goes to the TV via the HDMI then back to the TB transmitter via the TV stereo out connection? I use my TV stereo out connection to connect to my stereo amplifier the turn the TV sound off

That lead appears to go from the PS4 controller (handset?) and the headset

Your PX3 headset isn't on the compatibilty list.....have you tried TB direct for an answer?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I see what you mean now, it's very confusing. I'd think you'd just plug that accessory into the 3.5mm port on the controller? Like you plug a pair of earphones into it and all the game and chat volume comes through clearly. No idea where you stick the other end.

The RCA jack should be audio output on the back of your TV which you already have your headset connected to. Does the box have a 3.5mm connector on it?

Have you seen this? At the bottom : http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/entry/830517594/

Yeah iv got that article here, that's the 1 sayin I need this cable...

Then there's the diagram in a previous post making out it works without a cable straight out the box...

I need to get hold of 1 of those cables before I can try those setup instructions you posted, but even then it's saying to put the headset on chat only, don't they understand people but headsets for the game sound? I'm Hoping I can follow these steps but just switch to game and chat sound...

Is it because the game audio goes to the TV via the HDMI then back to the TB transmitter via the TV stereo out connection? I use my TV stereo out connection to connect to my stereo amplifier the turn the TV sound off

That lead appears to go from the PS4 controller (handset?) and the headset

Your PX3 headset isn't on the compatibilty list.....have you tried TB direct for an answer?

It is on the compatable list on turtlebeach website, and I have tried to tweet them but they are not replying just tweeting cyber Monday deals!

blackops2sig.jpg

Here's what's different:

This is how it was on ps3:

9B3B2475-74A7-49E0-918C-783556078F9A_zps

This is how they say it is on ps4:

There's a complete cable missing, and nothing to compensate for it...

2AD594D6-82D2-44D4-8B60-8187ECC6AFF9_zps

Here's a px4 setup with the cable, I assume this is what I'm going for, with my setup...

582987E5-91E3-45CE-A397-66E6531FB030_zps

I'm sorry to keep going on saying the same things over but I need to try and figure it out, iv spent over £1000 on gaming and Christmas shit this week I really don't need to be spending another fortune on another headset...

blackops2sig.jpg

So I just read on TB site that my $250 headset XP500 won't work on PS4 either. What a major let down. They said per release that they will work. Its getting to become a hastle to upgrade to next gen.

Sean and Sam said there is a patch coming that hopefully fixes these issues, can't find yours on any compatable list! Ouch, why is it gamers can be promised so many things, yet get let down time and time again and nobody seems to care?

blackops2sig.jpg

I'm GUESSING that the cable is all you need.

On the PS3 set up, the RCA jacks used the PS3 AV out for game sound (I pretty sure the third jack with the line through it [i.e. do not use] is the video jack) and the video goes through the HDMI cable

I'm GUESSING that in the PS4  the game audio and video is now reliant on the HDMI cable, which is not shown, but is actually there when you set it up.

I'm GUESSING the PS4 doesn't come with a separate analogue AV outlet like the PS3 does so, as it is only digital, the only way to get sound back to the PX3 headset is to use the RCA outlets on your TV as the PX3 box doesn't show a digital input (in the diagram)

That just leaves the chat which is what the mobile lead is for.

Like I say this is all guess work as I haven't had a chance to look around for the PS4 spec but that would be my guess - hope it helps

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

They're patching all USB headsets in coming weeks, I'm pretty sure I've read Yoshida say that they will also open up the bluetooth to allow bluetooth headset connection after launch.

The FIRST patch won't come out until mid December but they haven't confirmed bluetooth headsets will be patched in that one. They did say that the headset issue was a priority and are looking to update that before everything else they want to add in.

I'm still not sure how the connection works. We only have Optical and HDMI output on the PS4, this is fine for me as my headset is Optical so I don't need a connection through the TV. The PX4 has an optical connection so I presume you would set up your headset the way you have it and then just use the connector. I'll have to look when I get on later but I THINK the game audio will still come through the headset as well as chat, if not then change it too all Audio output, works fine when I put my earphones in the controller. 

After reading this it has me thinking you might want to try a Toslink Switch / Converter. Something you can plug the RCA's into out from the PX3 and use toslink out to the PS4 optical in similar to how one would set up the PX4 headset. Maybe try and pick one up and if it doesn't work return it? Not sure why it wouldn't unless the patches and updates need to be applied like others suggested.

EG: R/L Stereo Audio to Digital Coax & Optical Toslink Converter

I'm in the same boat with my wired Turtlebeach headset so I'm very interested if this will work. Good luck!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Johnny, I've just noticed in the PX3 set up the transmitter box selecter switch is set to "PC/MAC" which seems unusual but have you tried it like that?

Yeah I noticed, that's how I had it set when I could get very quiet chat and game volume, where the game volume drops out when any chat occurs...

After reading this it has me thinking you might want to try a Toslink Switch / Converter. Something you can plug the RCA's into out from the PX3 and use toslink out to the PS4 optical in similar to how one would set up the PX4 headset. Maybe try and pick one up and if it doesn't work return it? Not sure why it wouldn't unless the patches and updates need to be applied like others suggested.

EG: R/L Stereo Audio to Digital Coax & Optical Toslink Converter

I'm in the same boat with my wired Turtlebeach headset so I'm very interested if this will work. Good luck!

I saw something like this whilst searching of answers, someone suggested something called a DSS2 or something, but I think it was quite expensive...

Going to keep trying things, I'll look into one of those converter boxes, if they're cheap enough, then wait of the patch before looking for a new 1, hopefully I can cope till then...

blackops2sig.jpg

Ordered the chat cable, was dispatched today...

We shall see if this works correctly...although I'm not counting on it as there still is no substitute for the audio from the ps4...

If it's not how I want it I'll just get a PX4 Boxing Day with Christmas money...

blackops2sig.jpg