Your favourite TV

Greboth

I've started watching WW2 in Colour on Netflix. Really enjoying it way more than I expected, the simplest of things like colour can really hook you in to a docu-series. Definitely interesting to learn how Hitler made mistakes as well as the Allies. Should've enjoyed History at school more.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've started watching WW2 in Colour on Netflix. Really enjoying it way more than I expected, the simplest of things like colour can really hook you in to a docu-series. Definitely interesting to learn how Hitler made mistakes as well as the Allies. Should've enjoyed History at school more.

I enjoyed that too.

There are loads of good documentaries on Netflix, the Vietnam Ken Burns one was long but interesting as I didn't know much about that war. The 24 hr war about le man's ford v Ferrari and also the Carroll Shelby one he was such an interesting character. I also trawled through all the cross fit ones too which were also decent if your into that kind of thing, what can I say Netflix uses no data on my plan so great for work. 

The new BBC production of A Christmas Carol has been on this crimbo. Very good performances and interesting Scrooge back story. 

I suppose these days Ebeneezer Scrooge would be excused as a practical man conservative with his spending, while Charles Dickens is the woke virtue signaller.

What glorious times we live.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The new BBC production of A Christmas Carol has been on this crimbo. Very good performances and interesting Scrooge back story. 

I suppose these days Ebeneezer Scrooge would be excused as a practical man conservative with his spending, while Charles Dickens is the woke virtue signaller.

What glorious times we live.

I still need to watch this, heard there were quite a few complaints as it's wasn't child friendly. I'm not sure if any of those people ever saw Peaky Blinders or know what the watershed is?

On 12/14/2019 at 3:37 AM, phil bottle said:

Started watching The Expanse. @Bluebear mentioned it I think recently so when I noticed it on Amazon Prime I thought I'd give it a go. Really enjoying it so far. 

The Expanse is so damn good and it gets better and better every episode and every season.  I tell everyone about it.  I found it a while back after hearing some astrophysicist on a Joe Rogan podcast and he was drooling over this show.  Definitely in my top 5 all time.

Some of my others:

Band of Brothers

Heroes

Lost

Vikings

Family Guy

Tiger King on Netflix has me at the moment. Only doing one episode a night and we've watched 4 of the 7 episodes so far.

Kind of lost for words over this, documentary?

Life truly is stranger than fiction.
That these people exist just blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Recently 

Treadstone was a nice surprise

Searchers weird but a decent series with a nice twist

Just started Ozark series 3 hope it lives up to how good series 2 was.

Need to finish Vikings and narcos mexico.

You need to watch Firefly to fully appreciate Serenity in my opinion, both are brilliant and well up there on preferred list.

As for recent viewing.

I've binged all 3 seasons of Westworld. Enjoyed this a lot.

Gangs of London. Blood thirsty but very good.

Save Me & Save me Too. Really worth a watch! Lennie James (Morgan in Walking Dead) is so good in this.

Just watched all episodes of "The Other One", on BBC Iplayer which is really funny.

Have just started watching Frayed on NOW which I'm enjoying also.

I don't normally have a good attention span for binge watching but the bilge that is being recycled on "normal" TV a the moment, the options are limited.

I also watched Jo Jo Rabbit the other week after not getting chance to see it on the big screen, loved it!  👍

8 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I can now add Merlin to my list. Even though I mainly watch it for Morgana.

Reveal hidden contents

wGaolOL.jpg aw4ttyml.jpg

😍

Ahhhh Katie McGrath - definitely a good reason to watch Merlin.  She also turns up in Supergirl too though I don't know how much she's in it.

Something else to add to my list - Person of Interest.  Not something I'd heard of before but watched it all during the lockdown and a good show.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Battlestar galactica the remake is one show everyone needs to watch.
I always watch it once a year some times twice.
They did a very good job with it I thought, good script and acting, and although the story got a bit untidy towards the end it was a series I was hooked on from episode 1.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

They did a very good job with it I thought, good script and acting, and although the story got a bit untidy towards the end it was a series I was hooked on from episode 1.

Also watch 1978 and 1980 version plus the spin off called caprica that only lasted one season.

I was gutted when BSG second coming was cancelled which would of been out in 1999.

slamminbones.png

Also watch 1978 and 1980 version plus the spin off called caprica that only lasted one season.
I was gutted when BSG second coming was cancelled which would of been out in 1999.

I loved the original series and those long play film episodes, what I have not yet watched is the other fairly modern one, though I've seen a bit of it on YouTube

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

Ahhhh Katie McGrath - definitely a good reason to watch Merlin.  She also turns up in Supergirl too though I don't know how much she's in it.

I haven't watched that yet. Funnily enough, I first liked her in Jurassic World, without realising who she was. It wasn't until I liked her character in Merlin that my partner pointed out they are the same person. 

On 6/12/2020 at 11:40 AM, uberwarrior said:

You need to watch Firefly to fully appreciate Serenity in my opinion, both are brilliant and well up there on preferred list.

This is most right a person has been in a bajillion years. Possibly one of the best series ever made and then film to back it up.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, slamminbones said:

Battlestar galactica the remake is one show everyone needs to watch.

I've never ever watched a single episode of the original or remake. Where can I watch it these days?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This is most right a person has been in a bajillion years. Possibly one of the best series ever made and then film to back it up.

I've never ever watched a single episode of the original or remake. Where can I watch it these days?

Coukd be on Netflix but it's also on cinema HD and cyberflix. 

slamminbones.png