Watch Dogs Legion

Game has been leaked as Watch Dogs Legion set in London.

Watch_Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuries

Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems

Sounds ambitious but also a lot like Driver San Francisco. Not sure how it is going to work in terms of a narrative but I hope it doesn't turn into a typical Ubi generic open world. 

They've got to reinvigorate the whole series imo. Great concept but when everything that sounded awesome to try was met with a 'Press Square' I stopped enjoying it very quickly.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's be good to play a,game set in London. Watch Dogs 2 was given to me for free by Ubisoft recently and it's actually a fairly decent effort compared to the first abortion of a game.

I really enjoyed the second game and it's a shame it wasn't more successful but Ubisoft paid the price for overhyping and under-delivering on the first so bad that the sequel was never going to match the original no matter how good it was. 

I thought I'd hate the characters and story in WD2 but it was actually very entertaining and some of the missions were just brilliant. The original was just bollards and traffic lights in a bland city but the second had some cool gadgets and far more depth plus San Francisco was done beautifully. 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I really enjoyed the second game and it's a shame it wasn't more successful but Ubisoft paid the price for overhyping and under-delivering on the first so bad that the sequel was never going to match the original no matter how good it was. 

I thought I'd hate the characters and story in WD2 but it was actually very entertaining and some of the missions were just brilliant. The original was just bollards and traffic lights in a bland city but the second had some cool gadgets and far more depth plus San Francisco was done beautifully. 

Sounds like the second one is worth picking up from the bargain bin then?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds like the second one is worth picking up from the bargain bin then?

I actually reluctantly paid full price for mine and it turned out to be one of the best purchases I made in that year. If you can grab it for anything less than £15, it's a steal. 

The use and adaption of the "first they came for..." poem has got them in a bit of trouble. It is a bit naughty to be fair, in terms of both adaptation and context. Ubisoft send out some very mixed signals lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Out this week, I get a nice 20% discount on Ubisoft PC games and I'm likely to pick this up. 

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Probably not until next year although I will definitely pick it up as I had a blast with Watch Dogs 2. It's a really busy month for games and I don't want to get this and then feel pressured into finishing it or it being left in a state where I abandon it for something like Cyberpunk and then can't get back into it. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, phil bottle said:

Out this week, I get a nice 20% discount on Ubisoft PC games and I'm likely to pick this up. 

Anyone else taking the plunge?

Not until I hear what you think. I was pretty burned for buying Watch Dogs 1 thinking it would wipe The Division out the way in terms of story and gadget type things in-game.

Played an hour of it last night as I had it pre-loaded.

Runs really well for me, looks great. Cars are a bit feisty. Can't wait to explore my city🤗

Hear this morning some folk with 3090s couldn't get it to run well, maybe that's a ray tracing issue as I've got over 80fps on ultra settings with it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ok, I've played a few hours and here's my quick review.

Some nice game mechanics.

The open world London, while a bit small, is fucking amazing.

Looks great.

Unfortunately it's all let down by the fact they've decided to add the cringey humour. It doesn't work. England has been taken over by a techno fascist dictatorship and I've got this prick in my ear who sounds like Richard Ayoade making me want to punch his lights out with the shitty cringeworthy commentary and humour. 

Why couldn't they have made this a serious game like the subject matter demands? The story is serious but it's delivered like a Carry On film for hipsters. They've gone for silly meets edgy and it just doesn't work or fit the premise.

But London is soooooo fucking good I'll be playing it just for that.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Ok, I've played a few hours and here's my quick review.

Some nice game mechanics.

The open world London, while a bit small, is fucking amazing.

Looks great.

Unfortunately it's all let down by the fact they've decided to add the cringey humour. It doesn't work. England has been taken over by a techno fascist dictatorship and I've got this prick in my ear who sounds like Richard Ayoade making me want to punch his lights out with the shitty cringeworthy commentary and humour. 

Why couldn't they have made this a serious game like the subject matter demands? The story is serious but it's delivered like a Carry On film for hipsters. They've gone for silly meets edgy and it just doesn't work or fit the premise.

But London is soooooo fucking good I'll be playing it just for that.

Seems like they've gone for the usual London/British stereotypes and other predictable tropes on top of what was already a cringey direction the series has taken. Watch Dogs 2 had some pretty good humour and likable characters surprisingly but in Legion it seems like they are just painfully exaggerated with the combination.  The narrative also seems to have taken a backseat to make way for the more open character system  leading to more generic missions. Sounds like typical Ubisoft title! 

It still looks fun but I've caught a couple of reviews which have highlighted some aspects that kinda put me off. Will probably grab it early next year.