Google Stadia

crispymorgan

https://www.gamebyte.com/google-set-to-announce-its-first-console-very-soon/?fbclid=IwAR1asFBnGEBt3uh88-m9LyihBb1JfjqY76PFGHOyMBBiu1R9CnBKejPL-us

Interesting.  Will it be PC AAA games streamed?  I think for a casual gamer, there won't be an issue, but having played remote play, I can tell you there is lag.  I can't see hardcore gamers going for it.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Seems it will likely be a streaming-only unit. It'll probably be a subscription service as well.  Don't like the idea of streaming games - I know it's fashionable to steam everything these days, TV, music and probably soon to be food but games are a no from moi. I'd rather have a physical disk or a full digital download than some expensive data-chugging platform. The big 3 companies and even Soulja Boy have this market cornered. 

The whole thing about cloud gaming, which is being touted a lot lately, is that the infrastructure (in the UK) cannot support it. Don't really care about the physical copies, though I'd say less plastic is always good, but what gamers won't tolerate, is lag. And in this, the lag is strong. For the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

The whole thing about cloud gaming, which is being touted a lot lately, is that the infrastructure (in the UK) cannot support it. Don't really care about the physical copies, though I'd say less plastic is always good, but what gamers won't tolerate, is lag. And in this, the lag is strong. For the foreseeable future.

I'd also agree about the plastic part, maybe this is where they should start reusing plastic (if they aren't already) i'd like to think that most copies would be on someones shelf rather than in the bin.

You definitely correct about our infrastructure, it's fucking applauding in this country but that's not a surprise. Look at the state of us.

7 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Yikes. Gonna flop spectacularly bad.

Leigh you preordered yet?

Absolutely. 5 times over in case I get preorder bonuses galore. But if it is good, make sure you dont get it. You cant buy stuff that is good you know, cos like, that would be just mad wouldn't it.

Srsly though, I cant see this being any good imo. What details were released about the games available and how they'll be available?

So I read the BBC report which said it connected directly to the servers via WIFI.  Er, nice one BBC, but I'm not sure that is gonna fly.  Honestly the best way to implement this would be a 5G connection to the data centre.

They managed to bag 10 extra titles for launch day but its been taking a hammering out there. I think they feel this revolutionise the gaming world but it needs such a strong internet connection that its looking like it ain't worth it.

Also, the one piece of kit they have is a controller - and all the reviews i've seen this morning are that it sucks ass too.

I just don't like rental services idea. At least with Xbox and Playstation you can have a rental service and buy games for yourself when you want to.

It’s basically spend more for good internet and pay more a month, over spending a one off price to play on a console. 👍

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

You have to pay full price for every game you want to play. On that point alone it's a fail.

This! How is it the same price if they don’t have to make a physically copy. They’ve missed a trick here.

Sorry, but anyone who fell for this is an idiot. Gaming history is littered with failed hardware launches. Google's history is littered with failed hardware launches. Internet infrastructure is littered with failed projects. This whole project was covered in flags from day one, there was literally not a single reason to get excited about it, and yet here we are.

Anyone surprised by Google's fuckup is delusional tbh. 

banlol.png

I'm glad I'm not rich or gullible enough to get sucked into this shite.

Shame on Google for the blatant disregard for customers.

I hope a competitor beats them to it and does this kind of thing properly.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Agreed. I'd hate to be a Man Utd fan like him too right now😎

Hahaha what you on about, Ighalo? 😬

Completelt agree with what @Diddums said, there shouldn’t have been any hype about this but people now a days see something new and think

‘ah this must be the bestest thing ever otherwise why would people make it’

If people have the cash to splash on this shit then fine go for it, it’s the people who can’t really afford it. That’s what annoys me about companies like this, they’ll take your money for fuck all. Fuck you Google, get better.

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Desperate

2GyKq8eF9bDNVeEA5aS2uX-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Google is finally opening the doors.

They throwing in the amazing ergonomic controller for free too?!

Basically you can use a PS4 controller on a PC. Might be a nice way to play without committing.

Via the FG App