Google Stadia

crispymorgan

What are they doing about all the 5G networks they're losing to Corona? I genuinely think Amazon could do what they want, when they want to. So its surprising AF that they ended up with this as their final product to market.

Haven't they even thought of Amazon Prime membership connections as a good incentive to play it?

48 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

What? Have I missed something?

Stadia works better on 5G...and the 5G Towers are being hacked down by people that think Coronavirus is a hoax

I heard about a pile of dogshit which sounds a better proposition for this kind of thing.
Don't hold back now[emoji28]

Sadly it maybe that Stadia or some form of it is here to stay. Not only are they getting YouTubers like Jack Frags to shill for them, I've noticed a lot of the comments on Stadia-related videos are full of people clearly paid to put across Google's point of view.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

One last throw of the dice

61f82057415c3f0018d3bafb?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Insiders say Google has shifted its gaming ambitions to focus on deals with names such as Peloton in an effort to save Stadia's underlying technology.

Google Stadia closing down in January with mass hardware and software refunds being issued🤣

yirsYTfothJCiN4tqJsRnC-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Google's game streaming platform "hasn't gained the traction with users that we expected."

Cloud gaming in general is really hit or miss.  While the idea behind stadia was good, the implementation of it was an utter mess.  At least the controller is fucking awesome.  I still use that for PC gaming when I'm not using my Elite controller.   

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

What a birthday present for me, now what am I going to play when they close their services as I open my present?!

In all fairness - good concept, bad timing. Launching just before Covid, with rising prices and rare availability of technology they needed really didn't help its survivability.

14 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Cloud gaming in general is really hit or miss.  While the idea behind stadia was good, the implementation of it was an utter mess. 

Yep, there was no real key benefit in choosing that over owning a traditional physical copy or licence on an established device. Not only do you burden your internet as well as requiring a constant connection, you also had to pay for the service and then a hefty price just to access the game. No platform-transferable cloud saves either so you were locked in. Instead of paying £100 for the console, £100 a year for the sub and then £50 on most older games, you may as well own a game on an existing system for £15 with the only stress being disk space. Other key games were also ruined by latency. 

The writing was on the wall early as Google stopped marketing it plus they didn't explore or capitalise on any unique opportunities like being able to offer game trials to prospective customers as a purchase enticement. They let it rot and it just became a system that sat awkwardly behind the Xbox and Playstation. They could've really pushed it especially with YouTube and its partners seeing that Google owns that also but instead all the marketing mostly came from negative publicity from owners or the media. 

59 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Dude looks like he's gonna lose 6000 hours worth of progress on Red Dead Online for the Stadia

That's extremely harsh. For that commitment they should emburse him with a hard copy and arrange the data over to him somehow. 

It sounds a bit sickening.