Division 2 Megathread

Level 29 so far with one horrible side mission and then the final stronghold which will see me perfectly into level 30. 

Both strongholds I did were very easy and pretty underwhelming. The one in the stadium had some impressive interiors but just killing a few in each concourse wave was fairly straightforward. The boat one was a little more challenging and lasted longer but seeing off the waves was pretty routine also I found.  The hammer enemies that kill you in one hit are bloody annoying though.

36 hours so far and I'll probably wrap it up around 40 but not sure if I'll bother with the endgame. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Level 29 so far with one horrible side mission and then the final stronghold which will see me perfectly into level 30. 

Both strongholds I did were very easy and pretty underwhelming. The one in the stadium had some impressive interiors but just killing a few in each concourse wave was fairly straightforward. The boat one was a little more challenging and lasted longer but seeing off the waves was pretty routine also I found.  The hammer enemies that kill you in one hit are bloody annoying though.

36 hours so far and I'll probably wrap it up around 40 but not sure if I'll bother with the endgame. 

The end game is outstanding. I suggest giving it a go, especially with Tidal Basin and the raid on the horizon. 

Hammer bros; you need to go find ‘The Array’. He’s a hammer elite that runs twice as face who’s only weak spot are his hips. He is horrifying. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

On 3/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, phil bottle said:

It's not difficult on solo but you do to concentrate.

This is very close to how I feel but it is more difficult than first thought. I think my major issue is normal is scaled far harder than Division 1 normal. I keep playing and running out of cover and getting nailed. Before I know it though, someone is rushing me when I find cover.

I've tried matchmaking and a few missions with @MrBiron and it was 10 times more enjoyable. I think I'm just very used to playing with you guys to enjoy solo as much.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

This is very close to how I feel but it is more difficult than first thought. I think my major issue is normal is scaled far harder than Division 1 normal. I keep playing and running out of cover and getting nailed. Before I know it though, someone is rushing me when I find cover.

I've tried matchmaking and a few missions with [mention=1460]MrBiron[/mention] and it was 10 times more enjoyable. I think I'm just very used to playing with you guys to enjoy solo as much.
Change strategy or git gud [emoji846]

The first was far more difficult solo. I only die to stupidity. Move from cover to cover, but maintain a good all round position, watch the flankers, save your turret etc for when the elite guys show up. Use your noggin[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've tried matchmaking and a few missions with @MrBiron and it was 10 times more enjoyable. I think I'm just very used to playing with you guys to enjoy solo as much.

The AI in this game is way more dynamic, they have specific behavior trees programming into them based on what faction they are. Today's TD2 maintenance will address co-op armor scaling so perhaps that will help out.

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Solo hasn’t been too bad. Ran all the main mission solo. Use the hive self revive as one of your equipment slots. 

You are used to being able to tank like in Destiny. That was my issue at first. Helped out too when I started using the machine gun turret vs the flamethrower one. It seems to distract people more

I've soloed it so far and it's very manageable with only hammer elites causing any real difficulty. As long as you don't put yourself in a position where you can be got from behind or flanked easily, most missions play out the same. The turret can be a great deterrent to stop flankers and the drone also helps. I think most of the few deaths I've had is where I've glued myself in cover and instead of coming unstuck, I've moved around into the open whilst still attached to the cover surface. Having a OHK sniper as a secondary can be very useful and enjoyable too.  

On 3/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, phil bottle said:

Change strategy or git gud emoji846.png

The first was far more difficult solo. I only die to stupidity. Move from cover to cover, but maintain a good all round position, watch the flankers, save your turret etc for when the elite guys show up. Use your nogginemoji41.png

Lol. Bet you use Hive though dont ya? 😘 I've started to slow down a bit and using more tactical cover now.

On 3/28/2019 at 1:32 PM, The3rdWalker said:

The AI in this game is way more dynamic, they have specific behavior trees programming into them based on what faction they are. Today's TD2 maintenance will address co-op armor scaling so perhaps that will help out.

Totally agree, I'm having to think a little ahead and properly use the cover tactic where you hold X down to love to the next cover zone. I never used that in Division 1 but it feels more of a must in this one.

@TigerBurge, definitely gonna try out the flame turret as a random joined me last night and I saw how much it caused an issue with the enemies.

Only real negative I see right now is I'm level 11 and disappointing you have to be around the same level for others to group up. Everyone I see here is pretty much level 20+ or already at endgame.

Totally agree, I'm having to think a little ahead and properly use the cover tactic where you hold X down to love to the next cover zone. I never used that in Division 1 but it feels more of a must in this one.

[mention=22]TigerBurge[/mention], definitely gonna try out the flame turret as a random joined me last night and I saw how much it caused an issue with the enemies.

Only real negative I see right now is I'm level 11 and disappointing you have to be around the same level for others to group up. Everyone I see here is pretty much level 20+ or already at endgame.
Funnily enough I just use the drone and set it on specific players, then bring out the turret if things aren't going well. I like how you can terminate both of them before they expire, to reduce cool down time.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Lol. Bet you use Hive though dont ya? 😘 I've started to slow down a bit and using more tactical cover now.

@TigerBurge, definitely gonna try out the flame turret as a random joined me last night and I saw how much it caused an issue with the enemies.

You can play with anyone at anytime. The scaling system is solid.

Funnily enough I just use the drone and set it on specific players, then bring out the turret if things aren't going well. I like how you can terminate both of them before they expire, to reduce cool down time.

Yeah, absolutely agree mate. This is a massive part of why I got through missions solo as I would use cancel both abilities when my shield refilled once the area is clear. Huge difference in cool cooldown times.

You can play with anyone at anytime. The scaling system is solid.
Really? So an endgame person can join me and it will scale me fine? It didnt work correctly like that about a week ago?
I just started a new character, [mention=312]GazzaGarratt[/mention] ... you can help power level me! [emoji4]
Yay! Would love to join up more as I'm just wanting to be more in groups than solo on games now.

Tbh,@MrBiron has tried to group with me on a number of occasions this past week but our calendars of IRL stuff has been pants to say the least.

Hopefully more of this tonight [emoji106][emoji41]

Really? So an endgame person can join me and it will scale me fine? It didnt work correctly like that about a week ago?

I have never thought the scaling was difficult even under the previous system like a few others here have. You can damage everything perfectly no matter what difficulty your friends have it set. Just have them join your instance so you can chip away at your quests. The problem was while your damage scaled your armor in co-op did not but, again, I never felt it was a problem.

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

I have never thought the scaling was difficult even under the previous system like a few others here have. You can damage everything perfectly no matter what difficulty your friends have it set. Just have them join your instance so you can chip away at your quests. The problem was while your damage scaled your armor in co-op did not but, again, I never felt it was a problem.

I just know that you are a one shot sitting duck when a person 20+ levels above joins on you. It happened with @Diddums and me when we played Div 1 and I'm sure the same happened a few weeks back when @Nutcuttlit and @J&B joined on me in Div2 it scaled my game right up.

Theres alot more cover in the sequel that you can still get hit by the odd bullet.