Division 2 Megathread

8.0 After 200 reviews on metacritic.

The game is polished as all get-out; something we are not accustomed to in 2019 and especially within the looter shooter genre. It feels like an actual successor to The Division rather than an expansion pack branded as something new.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I'm looking forward to it. My gold PS4 copy arrived this evening, I've had time to make my character and tonight I'll have a quick blast.

I've also got it on pre-installed on PC ready for Friday...and the day off work...so I'm glad it's off to a good start.

I don't plan on buying any another games for quite a while, so I'll see you all in Washington[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm really on the fence with this and I only have a few more hours until the game is removed from digital stores and locked onto uPlay and Epic for good. I found the PS4 standard version to be very rough and didn't try the PC one so that was also a silly move on my part as I'm still very much 50/50 and Sekiro drops next week. I'll have to make an 11th hour decision after Eastenders methinks😎

57 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm really on the fence with this and I only have a few more hours until the game is removed from digital stores and locked onto uPlay and Epic for good. I found the PS4 standard version to be very rough and didn't try the PC one so that was also a silly move on my part as I'm still very much 50/50 and Sekiro drops next week. I'll have to make an 11th hour decision after Eastenders methinks😎

Mine comes tomorrow and I'm excited as hell to play it over the weekend.

Yes, you shouldn't take content creator reviews for granted but I've heard and seen enough variety in the information that's out there to know I'm gonna be the biggest and shinyist magpie there is.

I haven't seen anything close to a negative review James, so I think for once you should buckle up for the ride and let yourself go with it!

Copy through my letterbox. Install later whilst we play GTA tonight and some patrolling to do over the weekend in Washington 😎. Cant wait.

PC? Nobody cares [emoji6]
For the PS4 peasants: on the console I'm currently Level 8. It's not as quite pretty, the shooting isn't as satisfying, but it still plays great and looks fantastic [emoji8]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Good to hear Phil. A 44GB took all night after work so its ready to play from now.

I'm going to enjoy the grind but I'm certainly going to go at my pace. I know theres lots to explore and there shouldn't be any rush for endgame if theres enough of us around to enjoy this game for the rest of this year.

Good to hear Phil. A 44GB took all night after work so its ready to play from now.

I'm going to enjoy the grind but I'm certainly going to go at my pace. I know theres lots to explore and there shouldn't be any rush for endgame if theres enough of us around to enjoy this game for the rest of this year.
Mate, just turning off GPS and finding my own way to a destination, wandering into alleys and basement garages, finding lots of wonderful loot is very satisfying [emoji846]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

People are saying the most effective way to rank up is to do the campaign first then side missions/events but fuck that; I'd rather just work through each section at a time even if the XP doesn't scale as much. I'm in no rush to get to the dark zone or endgame and I don't want to do a story and then have 100+ less interesting things to do back to back. I've actually only done the first mission after nearly 5 hours.  

People are saying the most effective way to rank up is to do the campaign first then side missions/events but fuck that; I'd rather just work through each section at a time even if the XP doesn't scale as much. I'm in no rush to get to the dark zone or endgame and I don't want to do a story and then have 100+ less interesting things to do back to back. I've actually only done the first mission after nearly 5 hours.  
I'm doing exactly the same. Clearing out each zone fully before moving on. Plus, doing things like taking over control points gives access to a room with nice loot. And the loot respawns. 12 hours in and I'm only level 9.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That’s how it use to be. It’s patched or going to be. Side missions give 33% of the experience to your level so people would finish the story then do the side missions. 

Ive been so busy bringing friends up to where I am I’m Lv20 and haven’t been to the Lv15 area yet. XD

DZ is still a blast. We had a group of four going manhunt bounties and it’s crazy intense knowing everyone in the DZ is hunting you. Moving through alleyways to confuse other players, setting up ambushes all while securing objectives. 

Love it. This game is most likely my new daily driver for a long time. 

I'm at a point where I'm thinking of getting rid of this game. Playing solo is just completely shit and because of the armour bug when playing with higher ranked players it's pointless teaming up with any of you lot.

fart.gif

15 hours ago, Shucker said:

FYI, two new recruits tonight are friends of mine from a clan I used to run with: Tengu_Fighter and Vel0. Good guys, always happy to chat it up on a mic in a group.

N.B. I've referred them to the website/forum.

Ace Shucker, good to see Tengu here already @[WAL] CptHanSulu :)

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I'm at a point where I'm thinking of getting rid of this game. Playing solo is just completely shit and because of the armour bug when playing with higher ranked players it's pointless teaming up with any of you lot.

After enjoying my first impressions, I had a horrible time on a side mission on level 3. I feel the solo play frustration already but I'm determined it wont get in the way.

Obviously, early doors is challenging too because when you die and haven't got enough respawn points available that's near...yeah, autorun for console would be helpful right now :)

6 minutes ago, Shucker said:

I found the library mission frustrating but did it after three tries. That was the toughest side mission for me. I'm actually enjoying solo play as I can discover all the nooks and crannies of the city at my own pace. Would appreciate the option to matchmake for side missions though. 

I think that was the exact one. There isn't many cover points and the Hyenas run at you like crazy alongside being deadly accurate, even on normal.

I'll nail it tonight, I'm sure.

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Can you explain this armor bug and why you feel the way with the scaling? In TD1 when you played with friends who were higher level/ geared then you you could do nothing but hide, and as in TD2 you can do damage and easily participate in everything no matter what the world tier or level they are in.

You're totally entitled to your opinion but the game is arguable one of the best solo experiences in any form of multiplayer game. You can do absolutely all content by yourself and it's challenging.

9 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I've no problem starting a second character man. I'll have a woman, I was planning on doing it eventually anyway. At least then you won't be alone. I just ended up doing matchmaking while i was rolling solo

17 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

In TD1 when you played with friends who were higher level/ geared then you you could do nothing but hide,

It's the same in this game and that just doesn't make for a fun experience. Not being able to pop your head for even a split second because you'll get instantly killed is just annoying.

fart.gif

It's the same in this game and that just doesn't make for a fun experience. Not being able to pop your head for even a split second because you'll get instantly killed is just annoying.
I pretty much only play solo right now. I'm running hive with the revive branch. So when I die it automatically revives me to give me that second chance. It's helped me a lot. A must have if you're solo.

Via the FG App

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

We must be playing a different game. Your damage scales up to contest gunfights, your armor does not scale.