Initial Gambit Prime and Reckoning Thoughts

GazzaGarratt

So, initial thoughts...

Gambit Prime is hard AF. It takes a while to understand what will be the best way to play it as it's only one round, albeit a long one. I think it's been difficult too because of all the sandbox changes which has probably made your loadout from standard Gambit not as impactful in Prime.

We eventually got a win late in the evening (thanks for the games last night @Bluebear @Kemp210 @reaper-2201 @Plumbers Crack) and so hopefully in time it wont be as crucifyingly painful getting hammered all the time.

Be aware, that as the boss has some basic mechanics and health is quite large, you need to keep an eye out for Invaders as it can swing the game constantly.

The Reckoning was pretty cool tbh. If the tiers get harder and more mechanics then definite replayability there. Pretty straightforward at Tier 1 level and only 2 stages to it, you have to remember to deposit your synths in your synthesizer inventory screen so you can then deposit a mote in the bank before you drop down into the activity (not sure if it was meant like this but only the left hand port was working on the bank??)

Hoping that Tier 2 that drops tomorrow (I think) is much harder and more elements to it. Armour can be received pretty easily at Weak Mote level, will know more if the playloop of wanting better armour with better perks is there over the next week or so.

Good first day, great to be back on Destiny and see a full page of FG clan friends on it too.

How did everyone else get on?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I quite enjoyed what I played but I would be interested, as per the conversation with Nick, Kempy and yourself, in knowing other peoples way of approaching all the different powerful reward options we now have. I prefer to knock out the easy ones like complete one Gambit match, one Crucible match, Nightfall, etc then move on to the weekly stuff that takes longer then after that Quests etc.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I definitely think it's the sandbox currently making that feeling happen.

Wardcliff coil is now a beast getting 115% damage buff. Also, if any of us manage to get the Raid Exotic, 1000 Voices, that's doing well also.

Only found out today that the boss mechanic, whilst just killing envoys before damage phase can happen it will always be a minimum of 2 phases possible.

I can start to imagine how they are saying it will change over time when you have extra perks active via the armour.

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I quite enjoyed what I played but I would be interested, as per the conversation with Nick, Kempy and yourself, in knowing other peoples way of approaching all the different powerful reward options we now have. I prefer to knock out the easy ones like complete one Gambit match, one Crucible match, Nightfall, etc then move on to the weekly stuff that takes longer then after that Quests etc.

Separate question you're asking to the thread but my 2p for now - play want you wanna play. It's an added bonus that the Power Grind is there to 700. I like to set mini objectives for myself, like Triumph, Quest or Seal completions. Theres so many powerful engram possibilities now you pick them up along the way.

39 minutes ago, techno said:

I need to download the update, as usual from the outside it sounds complicated as fuck 😁

😂😂😂 it's still Gambit so not too bad!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb