MW2 Campaign Remastered

J4MES OX4D

I had some PSN funds left over from Christmas so I cracked, bit the bullet and bought it. 

Firstly, I think it's a travesty that there is no multiplayer - I can understand that they have MW2019 and can easily put classic content into that (which they've done so and fucked it up the bum with) but even so, it would've been incredible to have MW2 vanilla MP remastered. Not having any Spec Ops/Co-op is an absolutely disgrace and wholly inexcusable really. This inclusion alone would have made it well worth the money and given users many hours of additional enjoyment. Not sure if Activision didn't want it to detract away from people playing and spending money in the latest COD or Warzone or whether the devs just could not be bothered but either way, it's a staggering omission like having a salad without lettuce. 

The campaign is magnificent though and they have done an incredible job with the remaster. It feels great and the new lighting and textures are amazing. There are also some extra attention to detail and seeing each mission for the first time and its improvements is a great experience. My only disappointment with it is the weapon sounds. Quite a few have changed and not for the better either. I really don't know why they haven't included the originals. The music and voices are all there which is fantastic. I think I would struggle to put £20 down of my own money for this for just the campaign but if you have it spare and are gagging to play this again, it's definitely worth experiencing. I hope one day we get Spec Ops at the very least. 

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I had some PSN funds left over from Christmas so I cracked, bit the bullet and bought it. 

Firstly, I think it's a travesty that there is no multiplayer - I can understand that they have MW2019 and can easily put classic content into that (which they've done so and fucked it up the bum with) but even so, it would've been incredible to have MW2 vanilla MP remastered. Not having any Spec Ops/Co-op is an absolutely disgrace and wholly inexcusable really. This inclusion alone would have made it well worth the money and given users many hours of additional enjoyment. Not sure if Activision didn't want it to detract away from people playing and spending money in the latest COD or Warzone or whether the devs just could not be bothered but either way, it's a staggering omission like having a salad without lettuce. 

The campaign is magnificent though and they have done an incredible job with the remaster. It feels great and the new lighting and textures are amazing. There are also some extra attention to detail and seeing each mission for the first time and its improvements is a great experience. My only disappointment with it is the weapon sounds. Quite a few have changed and not for the better either. I really don't know why they haven't included the originals. The music and voices are all there which is fantastic. I think I would struggle to put £20 down of my own money for this for just the campaign but if you have it spare and are gagging to play this again, it's definitely worth experiencing. I hope one day we get Spec Ops at the very least. 

So...just a little overpriced, like maybe worth £10-15 instead?

19 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

So...just a little overpriced, like maybe worth £10-15 instead?

I think a fair price would have been £12.99. They made something like $3.4bn on microtransactions in just a few months so I can't believe they are charging this much.  £20 would have been perfect if the package included the co-op portion.