Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

The3rdWalker

Official website for the games

Big reveals:

• Pokemon Sword and Shield will release in late 2019 (no date yet)
  • The starters are Grookey the grass starter, Scorbunny the fire starter, and Sobble the water starter!
  • The games are set in the new Galar region, likely based on Great Britain.
  • Wild battle mechanics seem to have returned from past games, after being absent in LGPE.
  • Likewise, gyms return after being absent in Gen 7.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

14 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

Really?

Yes. What’s not to like about a remake of RBY with live encounters? The game was marketing towards people who like Pokémon Go and was a hybrid system to get them ready with Pokémon for the next core RPG. 

While I’m not a fan of the pokeball throwing mechanic the difference was negligible as I saw no different in timing a throw than false swipe, sleep a Pokémon and pray for the catch. 

Live encounters and the fortune teller should be in every single game here on out. In fact I’m sad we’re back to random encounters in Sword and Shield. 

For what it was, LGP was well worth the money. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, The3rdWalker said:

Yes. What’s not to like about a remake of RBY with live encounters? The game was marketing towards people who like Pokémon Go and was a hybrid system to get them ready with Pokémon for the next core RPG. 

While I’m not a fan of the pokeball throwing mechanic the difference was negligible as I saw no different in timing a throw than false swipe, sleep a Pokémon and pray for the catch. 

Live encounters and the fortune teller should be in every single game here on out. In fact I’m sad we’re back to random encounters in Sword and Shield. 

For what it was, LGP was well worth the money. 

Ok I can see the tha it’s just I’m not a fan of Pokémon go’s catching mechanic

I'm looking forward to seeing an RPG pokemon game come out. I must admit, I'm really tempted by Pokemon Go but I was not so sure about how much depth the game had above and beyond the Pokemon Go game.

When you say 'random' encounters, do you mean similar to how you encounter battles on Final Fantasy 7/8?

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

when you say 'random' encounters, do you mean similar to how you encounter battles on Final Fantasy 7/8?

Traditional: 

Run into busy, a random number generator tells you which pokemon appears on screen. 

Let's Go Pokemon:

Pokemon come out of the grass and walk around. If you don't want to encounter them you just walk around them. (Think of super mario rpg)