Forsaken flopped

techno

Interesting video, definitely hit home why I personally find the story and lore and pointless distraction I could give 2 shits about.

Anyway 

I think the only reason I play these days is because both battlefield and cod shit the bed and PvP is where I generally find challenges and worth.

57 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

He doesn’t like it.. I do...it’s all subjective and opinion 

Yep. I can respect that he doesn't like the story, and I'm not surprised that correlates with you Gary :D

I actually think most people thought the story has developed further in D2 launch and then again at Forsaken - but again can understand how some people that dont get that engaged in story could probably not get what was going on at some parts.

This guys channel and background based on previous uploads suggests he isn't the type of person that cares about any game story and just wants to play FPS style games. I think he had some valid points but he seems to have a lot of negativity on all games rather than be abit more balanced about stuff.

oh, and @techno, i know you loved the Cayde mission for his loot boxes so you love stories in games really ;)

From what I hear Forsaken improved the game reasonably but the damage was already done in regards to the base games failings. It certainly flopped for Activision financially to the extent, they allowed the brand to depart months later but for players that remained, it brought some additional content with a bit more backbone. I probably would've gone back to Destiny 2 had the package not cost £34.99 and I think many more would have too.  Paying that much to go back to an originally threadbare game was not going to happen. 

The writing and stories in these live service games are utterly pathetic though and Destiny's was woefully bad especially coming from the studio that made Halo. Games should not be excused from providing a captivating story just because they may offer many hours of gameplay through other means. I watch some of the dialogue in the likes of Anthem and I cringe and Destiny really under-delivered in characters and writing. Cayde was great but the rest were bland.