My PC is NO LONGER knackered damnit

phil bottle

The next and hopefully last update to my PC will be the addition of a new hard drive. I’m down to quite low storage at the moment, as the 2TB HD was blown up by the faulty PSU. I’m currently running a 250GB SSD for my C Drive and a 500GB SSD for storing games. I need more room to store games.

I’m undecided what type of drive to go for, SSD, M2, NVMe

Any thoughts welcome.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well, as the old saying goes to every single hardware question ever:

Ey mang, how much u wanna spends?

See if you can combine this:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/intel-660p-series-2tb-m2-ssd-single-pack-for-18722-1-tb-for-10488-delivered-with-code-ebay-ebuyer-store-3216823

With this:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/10-off-ebay-selected-sellers-with-code-20-min-spend-max-50-discount-ebay-easter-offer-3216792

For a cheap 2tb NVME. 

That's where I'd be looking tbh.

banlol.png

Thanks both. Awesome links Didds.

I decided that when it comes to PC parts I’m not going for cheap quality anymore. I have a beast of a CPU, beast of a GPU, the best RAM, ridiculously powerful PSU, awesome MOBO and I’m not going to taint them beauties with shite storage.

Think I'll go M.2. It'll be a May purchase most likely, I just need to ensure that that I don't fuck it up :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Thanks both. Awesome links Didds.

I decided that when it comes to PC parts I’m not going for cheap quality anymore. I have a beast of a CPU, beast of a GPU, the best RAM, ridiculously powerful PSU, awesome MOBO and I’m not going to taint them beauties with shite storage.

Think I'll go M.2. It'll be a May purchase most likely, I just need to ensure that that I don't fuck it up :)

My next upgrade will be a massive NVME, but this means I'll also have to upgrade my motherboard, which I'm not ready to do yet.

My config is as follows:

250gb Samsung 850 EVO = OS & frequently played games.

2tb WD Black = less frequently played games.

4tb WD Green = recordings, music, films, music, etc. 

I really want a 2tb NVME but we're paying for Kyla's brother and sister to come over in August so that's going to be pretty much all of 2019's spending money gone. 

banlol.png

The 660p is great.  QLC means it's a cheap NVMe.   Not the best for an OS because of the nature of how the quad logic works (it needs greater amounts of voltage to use over time the more it is accessed)  but great for games.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

The final piece of the puzzle was added this afternoon.

Samsung 970 Evo Plus. 1TB.

Have to thank @Diddumsagain. Years ago you gave me a Samsung pen that was actually a screwdriver, with magnetic parts.

The M.2 screw and standoff is tiny, plus I was fitting it into a gap I could barely squeeze a flat hand into, and that screwdriver saved me a lot of bother :)

The Samsung migration software is pretty nifty and I've made this NVMe my boot drive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MBQPQ62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jeffersonclasswar.jpg