Musicians

Spacedeck

I've owned an electric guitar for a couple of years but I just haven't learned to play it.  I decided to get it back out and give it another go to see if I can actually stick with it this time.  It might be easier this time as my girlfriend is also learning to play, so it's something we're doing together.  Along with our daughter who just wants to strum the guitar at every opportunity 😩.

We're self teaching, and using a place called JustinGuitar to learn at out own pace.  Sadly my tuner seems broken and the light doesn't always light up when tuning, so that will need replacing and I want to buy a capo too.  I also have a metronome but the batteries that I left in was corroded.  It still works though with new batteries, so I'm going to just try clean it up inside.

Does anyone else play anything?

I play guitar as well.  Sing too.  I’ve been playing for 23 years.  Own 5.  Been in a few bands, Dwelling Beneath was my all original material band.  Really miss those times.  

There plenty of of good tuner apps available for iOS and Android.  I mostly use my GT-100 effects board for tuning.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

@SensaiNemesis Very nice! Anything up on YouTube I could listen to?  Any tips for a beginner? 

At the moment I'm working on D and A chord and just simply trying to make the transition between the chords without much of a stopping gap, along with correcting my fingers to make it a clean strum.  Once I get that I'll start adding in the E chord.

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

@SensaiNemesis Very nice! Anything up on YouTube I could listen to?  Any tips for a beginner? 

At the moment I'm working on D and A chord and just simply trying to make the transition between the chords without much of a stopping gap, along with correcting my fingers to make it a clean strum.  Once I get that I'll start adding in the E chord.

We’ve got a Facebook page that I believe has some stuff on it.  There may be vids on YouTube and we’ve got MP3s on SoundCloud.  

Best at tip for beginners is practice, practice practice.  Getting your finger movement between chord changes is vital.  Start by switching from different chords in groups of 3-4 at different time changes.  Knocking on heavens door is basically G, D, C for the whole song.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I'm sure we have a few more musicians here too. I know @Stretch616 has a dabble on the guitar whilst @crispymorgan is more a drum & synth kind of guy. Props to you though @Spacedeck, I would really struggle with something like this.

If anyone can give you the best advice it has to be Batman @SensaiNemesis. Guy is unreal, nice to have a little serenading whilst we play games online 😎

I really wish I knew how to do music. I suck at it. I want to learn how to shuffle too.

Fuck, I'm gonna be the embarrassing dad aren't I? 

COME ON SHANIQUA, GIVE YOUR DAD A HUG BEFORE YOU GO IN TO THE CLASSROOM ❤️

banlol.png

I have been practicing some more chord changes between A and D.  Justin(Guitar) mentions an exercise you can do daily called 1 minute changes, where you play each chord, so A and then move to D, than back to A as many times as you can in a minute, but they have to be clean to count.  So I started that today and did changes between A and D and ended up doing 18 in a minute.