Apex Legends Netcode

J4MES OX4D

Pretty surprising considering how smooth the game feels. The combat does feel a bit off at times but I originally put that down to the pace, opponents armour and my bad aim but it's nice to see the game thoroughly tested and the netcode issues laid out. Unlike Blackout, I don't think we've been deliberately shafted with cheap low quality servers but Apex does need a lot of improvements especially when there already so many other factors at play that affect combat. 

I've not felt like i've had an issue. Clearly not showing some specific variables such as ping available to the player, it removes the conversation that a player can hang to if they die to soething that feels unfair. Apart from one game where our running kind of got trapped, the game itself felt like it ran perfectly.

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

It definitely doesn't run perfectly. I've had quite a few instances where some of my bullets are clearly not registering at all. But it still runs better than Blackout 😂

If you see Lee aim you'll understand why he doesn't notice anything wrong. 

banlol.png

4 hours ago, Diddums said:

If you see Lee aim you'll understand why he doesn't notice anything wrong. 

That is the most truth you've ever written 😂

Tbh, after the first week of greatness I had, the whole weekend I got my butt handed to every time.

I didn't want to hide behind some netcode problem but if you think I should be, that works for me :D

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:

It definitely doesn't run perfectly. I've had quite a few instances where some of my bullets are clearly not registering at all. But it still runs better than Blackout 😂

Pretty much. The smoothness is a bit of a deception and netcode quality is kind of masked among things like the armor and general pace of the combat. Until you dissect the technical data; we don't get a clear picture of how it truly runs. 

It's also fairly noticeable on PC because there is no aim assist as a further handicap so accuracy is essential.