PC Monitor Needed

GazzaGarratt

Right, I'm looking to sort my monitor out early part of this year alongside a PC desk setup so I can fully enjoy the PC I made last year with all of your help.

Good news is that I don't believe I have to go for white now which was a requirement last year (to mine and everyone else's annoyance!). So the only real requirements I have is to compliment my PC build I have (i'll dig out my thread shortly to help the search and I don't believe I can go bigger than a 32", likely gonna need slightly smaller due to the area I play in.

Whats a good budget for a good one? £200-£300? Any help is really appreciated.

Right, I'm looking to sort my monitor out early part of this year alongside a PC desk setup so I can fully enjoy the PC I made last year with all of your help.

Good news is that I don't believe I have to go for white now which was a requirement last year (to mine and everyone else's annoyance!). So the only real requirements I have is to compliment my PC build I have (i'll dig out my thread shortly to help the search and I don't believe I can go bigger than a 32", likely gonna need slightly smaller due to the area I play in.

Whats a good budget for a good one? £200-£300? Any help is really appreciated.
Deffo go for a g-sync monitor. It adds a bit of cost, but locks the frame rate to your GPU so you don't get screen tearing. I'll have a dig about.

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

You can get excellent monitors at 1080p and 144 refresh rate around the £150-£200 range at 24 inches.

E.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VG248QE-Widescreen-Multimedia-80000000/dp/B00B19T7QC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550413532&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=asus+vg248qe&dpPl=1&dpID=51xWAdXoM1L&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I would second this, aim for 24-28 inches at 1080p 144hz

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

Cheers mate. Need a desk and chair - was going to make a separate thread for that but I need to measure the area and work out what is absolute no no from the wife. It can't look all pink and freaky unfortunately. It also needs multiple spaces for consoles to sit, look shiny and so i can use them :D

22 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Freesync ≠ G-sync

Okay, the few links above are Freesync from Didds but not sure what @phil bottle's is. Be good to know if we're talking about a major issue here on which type I need to buy for long term or is it just fine lines?

Good news!  Nvidia have literally within the past month opened up the G-sync platform and aligned it to adaptive sync.  So That means you can use any variable refresh monitor!

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Theres a strong likelihood I can look at a monitor this upcoming month. Although it will need to be a 24" - dont think that's an issue right as from what Rob put earlier in this thread?

Actually be open to a curved one but it's not essential.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, phil bottle said:

You can get excellent monitors at 1080p and 144 refresh rate around the £150-£200 range at 24 inches.

E.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VG248QE-Widescreen-Multimedia-80000000/dp/B00B19T7QC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550413532&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=asus+vg248qe&dpPl=1&dpID=51xWAdXoM1L&ref=plSrch

Is this the kind of thing I should be looking at?

Theres a strong likelihood I can look at a monitor this upcoming month. Although it will need to be a 24" - dont think that's an issue right as from what Rob put earlier in this thread?

Actually be open to a curved one but it's not essential.

Is this the kind of thing I should be looking at?
Yep, and Crispy's curvy suggestion is also decent[emoji4]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Yes. 

Yes yes yes yes. Buy it. Buy it now. I was gonna say that curved is a waste of money but that's because I thought it would be helluvaspensiff. This MSI is a winner especially at that price.

Buy it. Buy it right now.

banlol.png

Thanks @crispymorgan @phil bottle @Diddums 

Looks like that's a great deal then, quick question. What's the difference between CR and C as I can see theres an identical one without this letter bit 40 quid less. I'd rather go with the better performing monitor as I want to see my PC actually do some work.

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @crispymorgan @phil bottle @Diddums 

Looks like that's a great deal then, quick question. What's the difference between CR and C as I can see theres an identical one without this letter bit 40 quid less. I'd rather go with the better performing monitor as I want to see my PC actually do some work.

CR and C? Wat? Send links. 

banlol.png

9 minutes ago, Diddums said:

CR and C? Wat? Send links. 

This Google search shows a few with the one that crispy found lower down in the search. Was just curious as to how different they were:

Google Search

Mkay, took a bit of Googlefu, but I've managed to suss out that the difference is the lighting on the back, which MSI refers to as "MSI Mystic Lighting". If you want the bling, then go for it, but if you're gonna turn it on once, go "oooooooh" and never use it again like 3D tellies, then save the wedge.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/37156a784

banlol.png

2 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

looks like one has LEDs on the back for lights innit (guessing thats the expensive one?)

Yeah looks it, thanks @Diddums.

It's also because CR has height adjustments available where the other hasn't. I'll see if I can get this deal ASAP.