Je suis Liam Neeson

Dr Diamond

Liam Neeson did nothing wrong imo.

He admitted openly to having very bad thoughts and his actions were unacceptable, but the whole point is that he realised he was going down a very very dark and bad route and which he then managed to avoid.

How are people ever going to be open to asking for help, forgiveness and advice when they are questioning their prejudices, if the mob is going to turn on them for admitting to something that goes against the grain ?

However, in typical outrage culture fashion he has been unpersonded. Once you are guilty of transgressing you cannot be saved. You are a social pariah and there is absolutely no path for redemption.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

It's a bit weird that the triggered people seem more mortified about the racism element than the fact he actively went out into public looking for someone to murder within a period of time and not in a moment of madness. 

Pretty silly thing for him to say in this fragile society especially when such things is literally a career killer. 

Ironically, I have heard much worse conduct from people like a minority of rappers and their material is celebrated - probably by the same people who are bitching about this Neeson disclosure. 

I think a lot of people do have thoughts of violence and racism in moments of fury but most hide them. Probably a lot of the social mob have this mentality for added hypocrisy but they simply hide it even though they manifest and project this inner rage behind their keyboards at home in an attempt to tear someones life apart in a different way. 

The likes of Chris Brown who beat up Rihanna was able to move on and be successful in music and people easily forgot how Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Vasini/Payne/Smith/Jones etc.. beat the fuck out of some black toilet attendant in her Girls Aloud days and soon after she was seen as the nations 'sweetheart'. Hopefully this Neeson thing will just blow over and people will move onto the next thing they want to be offended about. 

I'd personally try and avoid using words like 'triggered', as it kind of suggests people with opinions is a bad thing.  It's kind of passive aggressive, along with the likes of 'snowlflake' and 'fragile' and all that bollocks. It's implying that someone else's opinion is less valuable because of their reaction. It certainly doesn't help resole anything.

What Liam did, was lay bare the general opinion of black people in our society by people who don't necessarily consider themselves racist. People of all colours and creeds are capable of racism but I'd say Liam touched a nerve and hopefully the discussion around it can be positive, in the long run. A certain ex-member of this forum let a similar incident turn him into a Stormfront bitch, so it's certainly something that needs to be examined.

I agree about the hypocrisy. it is sickening.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'd personally try and avoid using words like 'triggered', as it kind of suggests people with opinions is a bad thing.  It's kind of passive aggressive, along with the likes of 'snowlflake' and 'fragile' and all that bollocks. It's implying that someone else's opinion is less valuable because of their reaction. It certainly doesn't help resole anything.

I just try and use the buzz words that everyone seems to use these days on both sides.  I definitely wouldn't use such definitions for people that want to discuss the points in a mature and balanced manner so anyone that is just offended by something for the sake of it or suggests everything is fine in ignorant fashion; I just use the common e-terminology to define them as people like that rarely see sense or are open to a balanced view. 

In cases like these, both sides go berserk at each other and the central point is never truly talked about, understood or resolved.  

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just try and use the buzz words that everyone seems to use these days on both sides.  I definitely wouldn't use such definitions for people that want to discuss the points in a mature and balanced manner so anyone that is just offended by something for the sake of it or suggests everything is fine in ignorant fashion; I just use the common e-terminology to define them as people like that rarely see sense or are open to a balanced view. 

In cases like these, both sides go berserk at each other and the central point is never truly talked about, understood or resolved.  

That's a fair enough point,  was just temporarily afraid we had Piers Morgan on the forum:lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

That's a fair enough point,  was just temporarily afraid we had Piers Morgan on the forum:lol:

Do we?! Awesome! Love watching him in the mornings to see what stupid carnage unfolds! (Clearly you don't feel that way because he supports Arsenal 😘).

I'm with Adam's sentiment in the OP. Yes, it's annoying how people take this and run away with it. Also, yes its annoying he didn't realise it would blow up like this. Shit happens. I won't change my opinion on what I think of him because of this.

I love Twitter but hate it for partly contributing to this type of news.

I think it's best put - Before there is a problem, we already know there is a problem.

Ah, the glorious world we live in today.

Be good to each other, don't be a total cunt and be happy. Regular cunt is just fine with me.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

29 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Do we?! Awesome! Love watching him in the mornings to see what stupid carnage unfolds! (Clearly you don't feel that way because he supports Arsenal 😘).

This is interesting. Maybe it's those people who are entertained by shit stirrers like him that are also part of the problem :) 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I hadn't heard this story but it parallels all sorts of other bull shit we're dealing with over here about shaming and ruining peoples careers over stuff that happened 30+ years ago.  Right now one of the big stories is about the governor of Virginia who is being SJW'd out of office for a picture that showed up in a yearbook from the 80s of him in blackface.  

It's all bullshit.  Anyone who gets harassed or ridiculed or publicly shamed and asked to quit your job for crap like this should tell these people to go invent a time machine and scold their 20-year old self instead.  I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago, let alone 10, 20, 30 years ago lol.  Who the fuck is?  People change in 30 years.  Certain things that are normal or socially acceptable today, won't be normal in 30 years.  This SJW crap is why I hate liberals.  Bunch of judgemental know-it-alls with a perfect history of flawless moral awareness.

How can we as a society move past things if we don't talk about it?  He admits it was wrong.  It was 30 years ago.  The fact it happened and nobody knew means if he said nothing, he'd still be fine.  But he is the same person and now getting shit from people.  What if someone else is on the wrong path and wants to speak up about it?  They'll take one look at how Liam was treated and say "fuck that" and stay a closet racist or whatever.  

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......