Apex Legends (Titanfall BR)

J4MES OX4D

I’ll pass on this.  Not a fan of BR no matter how good it plays or how pretty it may be. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Got my 4th win earlier with a couple of Polish chaps - one of which who was streaming on Twitch. Nice to re-watch it from another perspective of us kicking arse! 17 kills for the team - I only got 4 but that's my best so far and supported them well throughout the match.  Prior to that I had a string of horrible matches where I could barely get a kill and getting eliminated very early. 

I'm liking Bangalore a lot with the smoke and cluster missile and that locked one with the decoy looks interesting.

44 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Got my 4th win earlier with a couple of Polish chaps - one of which who was streaming on Twitch. Nice to re-watch it from another perspective of us kicking arse! 17 kills for the team - I only got 4 but that's my best so far and supported them well throughout the match.  Prior to that I had a string of horrible matches where I could barely get a kill and getting eliminated very early. 

I'm liking Bangalore a lot with the smoke and cluster missile and that locked one with the decoy looks interesting.

Add me on Origin. The3rdWalker. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I think one of the best features of this game is their ping system. You don't need to say a word to randoms and everyone just understands it. No more vague ping in a direction that could mean 600 things. Not only that but everything has a voice line to it. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of this game so I am wondering when it will wear off but man, Respawn is killing it. 

No hype due to no marketing means this has received way more hype than expected from an EA title.

Great idea though to utilise their best FPS game they've made as the framework.

I think this game is better than Blackout. It is certainly more enjoyable and accessible. There is also less BS and Respawn really do know what they are doing whilst David Vonderhaar and Treyarch are still debating on what to do with 9-bangs months later with their painfully pitiful update schedule and understanding of feedback.  The general pace and the way matches play out is also spot on whereas Blackout games have a lively start, boring mid-game and then a campy finale. In this game you can move around the map at a solid pace and there's always stuff to be looted and people to find even with just 60 players.  I don't think the map is as good as Blackout's but it does the job based on the gameplay on offer and doesn't have location/loot hotspots which can leave the action lopsided. 

The legends also add something rather than just bland character skins.  There's plenty to grind and unlock and if people want to put money into this game then I wouldn't blame them as it's a proper F2P format. In Black Ops 4 and Blackout, after you've bought the game, you're expected to want to spend £250-1000 for a character skin you can't even see, emotes you wont use and rubber duck sprays.  If Apex Legends can deliver an interesting battle pass, it'll make some good money and keep people engaged.  It would be another middle finger to COD with their shameful and pathetic attempt at a battle pass which you paid £1 for empty tiers which was less rewarding than 3 dud supply drops. 

Nice to see the game doing so well on Twitch growing too.  Streamer influence could be key here so I hope they don't go running back to Forknife when Epic bribes them. 

28 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

As of right now this is the best BR game on the market, no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not going to lie,I love seeing Fortnight being dethroned on twitch. I hate that fucking game 

4 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

I’m not going to lie,I love seeing Fortnight being dethroned on twitch. I hate that fucking game 

To me Fortnite was never about gun skill, it's all about building which was a huge chore for me. I do know Apex will be the talks of an esport but I believe BR has no place for an esport.

Really enjoyed trying this out over the last few nights.

It's so good damn smooth when you shoot, run, go on zip wires.

The ping system is nye on perfect and I really enjoy how you all can fly down together.

Apart from that means @Diddums sends multiple pings points to make it look like you're having a epileptic attack.

I played some games with last night with @Jason and @TigerBurge. I think I was the weak link as we had loads of games because we kept dying reasonably early, without me I'm sure they lasted far longer! 😂

However, it just seems so addictive. The smoothness of entering games, how you pick your legend, the flying down as a team and the initial hunt for loot - it all adds up to repetitive fun.

We'll see if they add different modes but I'm really comfortable if it stays as a 3-man team game for a while. Would be nice to play as a slightly larger squad though which is my only slight so far.

I mentioned before but pinging is seriously the best addition to this game mode. They should all have it.

I played some games with last night with [mention=35]Jason[/mention] and [mention=22]TigerBurge[/mention]. I think I was the weak link as we had loads of games because we kept dying reasonably early, without me I'm sure they lasted far longer! [emoji23]

However, it just seems so addictive. The smoothness of entering games, how you pick your legend, the flying down as a team and the initial hunt for loot - it all adds up to repetitive fun.

We'll see if they add different modes but I'm really comfortable if it stays as a 3-man team game for a while. Would be nice to play as a slightly larger squad though which is my only slight so far.

I mentioned before but pinging is seriously the best addition to this game mode. They should all have it.
That was the most fun I've had in game in a long time. Time flew.

I bet they add a single player mode soon, not sure how larger squads would fair. Be interesting to try.

I loved titan fall anyway, so the gunplay and smoothness is nice to see. I think it's gonna give fortnight a run for its money in the BR format.

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I played some games with last night with @Jason and @TigerBurge. I think I was the weak link as we had loads of games because we kept dying reasonably early, without me I'm sure they lasted far longer! 😂

Andy not. I’m struggling to get things going. 

10 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Andy not. I’m struggling to get things going. 

I've read that a million times and still cant understand what you mean 😂

Zampella has always had his shit together. Even when he he was the head of Infinity Ward. He’s openly talked shit about EA and the first Titan Fall. Hates exclusivity. 

Hopefully he doesn’t get greedy with this game 

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

Hopefully he doesn’t get greedy with this game 

I don't think he will because Respawn seem to do their own thing and EA takes a back seat but I can see the latter sticking their noses in somewhere along the lines especially if it continues to thrive.  Vince doesn't seem up the publishers arses either so it shouldn't turn into a game for shareholders first rather than gamers themselves. 

So far everything is spot-on - no P2W or horrible aesthetic cosmetics plus everything can be earned in-game.  If EA continue on the sidelines and accepts the business model as is, it will continue to succeed on all fronts.  Once the season starts in March, we may get a better idea of how this will play out long-term. 

Finally unlocked Mirage for 12,000 tokens at level 23. Haven't had a chance to play as much as the first week but this one has been tougher because people are learning the game more, becoming more sweaty and some god awful Fornite players have entered the game and they are fucking useless and I have been lumbered with them. 

My first week on this game and whilst it's seriously good fun if you're crap, even I've managed to win a total of 5 games so far. Lots of seconds as well, such an awesome game to party up on.

The ability to make the game so you spend the minimum amount of time in the menu looking at your stuff is quite brilliant. I'm really considering putting money into this at some point.

Thanks for the wins and great games @Jason, @Stretch616, @Diddums, @MrBiron, @tronic44 and Niccynaccynoonoo 😎