Anthem Endgame

GazzaGarratt

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Back to Anthem. The loading screens on their own are enough to put me off Anthem. That they appear without notice while traversing a map is pretty ludicrous.

I was watching a stream yesterday and the player went through 3 loading screens totaling over 5 minutes without even playing, got put into a lobby late, then got rubberbanded to his squad mates, missed a crucial cutscene, had another loading screen of 3 minutes, finally got into play, immediately got kicked back to the menu for no reason and then the game crashed back to desktop!

This is apparently a normal occurrence! Such dreadful design - games like this need to be as seamless as possible and lots of other games do this and do it well. The Division is a prime example and even Destiny has minimal breaks in play. The stop-start nature just seems dated and frustrating and the fact you can miss important things or have your gameplay interrupted because other people have triggered loading screens is just unacceptable these days.  

This is an enjoyable review too

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

So it's a load of broken wank then. Fair enough.

Lee you bought the season pass yet?

😂😂😂 bought one for me and you but I'll return yours now you don't want it 😀

Heres the score. I wanted to be a game that could bring the community together but that ain't happening. I agree with you in the main.

Hilariously, wants swing it tonight is the person I haven't liked in the past, SkillUp. Hes done a review and spoke quite well in this video. Plus it's part 1 of 2 and 41 mins long. So that's that. If you guys aren't getting it then I don't feel an interest in myself grinding on my own to a game that has always been inferior to Destiny imo. Just wanted to try and give it a chance.

Back to Destiny it is.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

😂😂😂 bought one for me and you but I'll return yours now you don't want it 😀

Heres the score. I wanted to be a game that could bring the community together but that ain't happening. I agree with you in the main.

Hilariously, wants swing it tonight is the person I haven't liked in the past, SkillUp. Hes done a review and spoke quite well in this video. Plus it's part 1 of 2 and 41 mins long. So that's that. If you guys aren't getting it then I don't feel an interest in myself grinding on my own to a game that has always been inferior to Destiny imo. Just wanted to try and give it a chance.

Back to Destiny it is.

Dude. Enough already. I know, you want that original feeling back from when you joined FG and we were all on Destiny. I know. I get it. It was also a very fond era of gaming history for me too but you need to remember it was many, many years ago now. People have had kids, people have lost loved ones, people have changed careers, and you need to adapt, not constantly try get everyone on the same game all the time because it's not going to work and you're just frustrating yourself. These things come and go. I've had these times in WoW, MW2, Black Ops 2, Destiny, and now I'm chilling, waiting for the next big one. You can't force this, it has to come naturally. Let it go. Those glory days will return, I promise, but you need to let it come on its own, not constantly look for it and try force others to join you. It ain't gonna happen.

As for Anthem, Angry Joe's latest vid highlights for me what a crock of shit it is, and AJ is the Youtuber I resonate most with. 

The game, as it stands now, is a definite no for me. I am impatient enough as it is and this would drive me up the wall. If they fix it I might have another look, but this will never be a £60 game for me.

banlol.png

3 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Dude. Enough already. I know, you want that original feeling back from when you joined FG and we were all on Destiny. I know. I get it. It was also a very fond era of gaming history for me too but you need to remember it was many, many years ago now. People have had kids, people have lost loved ones, people have changed careers, and you need to adapt, not constantly try get everyone on the same game all the time because it's not going to work and you're just frustrating yourself. These things come and go. I've had these times in WoW, MW2, Black Ops 2, Destiny, and now I'm chilling, waiting for the next big one. You can't force this, it has to come naturally. Let it go. Those glory days will return, I promise, but you need to let it come on its own, not constantly look for it and try force others to join you. It ain't gonna happen.

As for Anthem, Angry Joe's latest vid highlights for me what a crock of shit it is, and AJ is the Youtuber I resonate most with. 

The game, as it stands now, is a definite no for me. I am impatient enough as it is and this would drive me up the wall. If they fix it I might have another look, but this will never be a £60 game for me.

Rewrote this a few times, then got bored. No mate, I'm not forcing it, was just engaging in your discussion.

It's a shit game at release.

7 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Division 2emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm buying this anyway, whether we get enough on it or not. 👍

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm buying this anyway, whether we get enough on it or not. 👍

At this point it's more likely to get my coin by a factor of a thousand compared to Anthem.

(That and I just want to live down my fucking fuckity fuckup of Division 1).

banlol.png

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It's a shit game at release.

Destiny, Division, and look how those games ended up after a year. Nothing wrong with that! (I know you're not saying something was wrong, I'm just saying see y'all in a year!)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD