Anthem Endgame

GazzaGarratt

So much is now riding on endgame for most games being created right now and after seeing SkillUps tweet earlier, tbh it's pretty concerning for me. I want to give the game a go but I'm worried it'll be extremely repetitive and very shallow pretty quickly.

Wondered what other peoples thoughts are?

63036_42_anthem-endgame-includes-seasons-strongholds-free-dlc.jpg

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Anthem's endgame consists of three strongholds (which are like Destiny strikes but bigger), repeatable missions (one per day) and roaming the open world.

No raids.

This is now confirmed as of today's embargo lift. So here is a summary of the content available for the endgame of Anthem

So with that all said and done what we have on launch is:

• ⁠3 + Difficult Levels

• ⁠3 Strongholds

• ⁠Repeatable Daily Story Mission/Legendary Contract

• ⁠Repeatable Contracts

• ⁠Open World with Events and World Bosses

• ⁠NO RAIDS

• ⁠Cataclysms - Events on Open World that are the major point of Anthem's endgame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I'm just sad now. Granted, most people staying on side of Anthem are saying most looters shooters start with limited content and then release more as time passes. We haven't seen any roadmap though and I've seen a conversation they had on a stream which mentioned that they have some 'aspirations' to create big things like raids but not them. Clearly though that work hasn't started as it probably down to EA needing to see sales in the game initially.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm just sad now. Granted, most people staying on side of Anthem are saying most looters shooters start with limited content and then release more as time passes. We haven't seen any roadmap though and I've seen a conversation they had on a stream which mentioned that they have some 'aspirations' to create big things like raids but not them. Clearly though that work hasn't started as it probably down to EA needing to see sales in the game initially.

Most of these games end up being pretty solid about one or two years after release. I'll wait until it's a completed game. 

8 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Most of these games end up being pretty solid about one or two years after release. I'll wait until it's a completed game. 

If the game is poorly received, you have to wonder if BioWare will still be there to 'complete' it. EA would not hesitate to close the studio down if it flops and with the game already having 7 years of work and the generation coming to an end; I'm not sure the publisher would tolerate another 2-3 years of expense for a game that could be dead in the water right off the bat.  

Destiny was part of a 10 year plan and The Division was an in-house project on a huge scale but Anthem is just another one of EA's brands that they could easily cut loose if its not pulling in the money. 

Destiny was part of a 10 year plan 

That “10 year plan” was a bullshit line spun by them. That was just to sell their product, Bungie has been making it up as they go along when all of their scapegoats on pst generations of consoles went out the window with D2.

11 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

That “10 year plan” was a bullshit line spun by them. That was just to sell their product, Bungie has been making it up as they go along when all of their scapegoats on pst generations of consoles went out the window with D2.

There was an initial 10 year deal in place as that's how long the contract was regardless of the 'plan' but Activision stuck with them for at least half of it and gave them an exit whereas a company like EA will happily cut loose a studio if a brand has failed.  My point being that BioWare, who are surely on thin ice as it is may not have an opportunity to turn it around if the game fails in the first instance unlike Bungie who were fortunate to be able to make a sequel after Destiny's initial disappointment. 

There was an initial 10 year deal in place as that's how long the contract was regardless of the 'plan' but Activision stuck with them for at least half of it and gave them an exit whereas a company like EA will happily cut loose a studio if a brand has failed.  My point being that BioWare, who are surely on thin ice as it is may not have an opportunity to turn it around if the game fails in the first instance unlike Bungie who were fortunate to be able to make a sequel after Destiny's initial disappointment. 

Exactly. Bungie didn’t have 10 years on content planned, they were just in a deal with activision for that time.

If Anyhem bombs I see BioWare being done.

I watch some Mtashed stuff and he put up a video 24 hours after his initial review which really confirms the repetitive issues.

Now we all know every looter shooter has repetitiveness as it's about doing them again and again until you get the loot you want (and challenging yourselves of course). But I think it's just going to start suffering from Day 1 content that people breeze through, leaving Strongholds and some foreplay stuff to do.

I still like the look of it and based on me looking to play multiple games so not this exclusively this shouldn't really be an issue. Problem comes with most only having enough money for 1 AAA game in the next few months.

Original video

24 hours later

17 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Problem comes with most only having enough money for 1 AAA game in the next few months.

This stops here.

Lee, imma just go out and say it: You're everything that's wrong with the gaming community and the reason we're getting fed up. Your incessant ability to to keep bending over and feeding them more and more money whilst turning a blind eye to declining quality standards and content quantities is exactly the reason the quality declines and games become less and less and more reliant on DLC and microtransactions. We're not talking about some plucky little developer who's trying to make it big, we're talking about companies who make BILLIONS in PROFIT. This is after all the mouths are fed, the rent is paid, the lawsuits have been quashed, this is 100% PROFIT. Whilst I'm not saying that they shouldn't make ridiculous amounts of profit, what benefits are we seeing because of this? 

Ah that's right, none. We get lag, bugs, unfinished products, paywalls, NPCs that disappear in the middle of cut scenes, staggered launches based on how much you pay, I can go on and on. It's unacceptable and you're the mug for accepting it. And once the launch dust has settled? LOL MOAR DLC PLS PAY. 

They know damn well that if they release a cracker of a game that their revenue stream will slow down because their new products won't be as lucrative. So they don't. Instead they release mediocre stuff and then make us pay for the privilege of more content when in reality this is all stuff that was probably created using the original budget and has merely been cut out so we can pay for it at a later date.

So no, the problem isn't that people can't afford more than one game. If someone wants a game they will make a plan. Might take a week, might take two, but it'll happen. We're talking about a £60 game here, not a £20k car. The problem is that companies have been taking the piss for so long that those of us who aren't blinkered by "omg they're all so amazeballs and we're so lucky to have them" are getting fed up. You know exactly how good a game can be on launch day, yet you still natter on about how it's always the gamer's fault?

Come on Lee. Don't be so naive. 

banlol.png

17 minutes ago, Diddums said:

This stops here.

Lee, imma just go out and say it: You're everything that's wrong with the gaming community and the reason we're getting fed up. Your incessant ability to to keep bending over and feeding them more and more money whilst turning a blind eye to declining quality standards and content quantities is exactly the reason the quality declines and games become less and less and more reliant on DLC and microtransactions. We're not talking about some plucky little developer who's trying to make it big, we're talking about companies who make BILLIONS in PROFIT. This is after all the mouths are fed, the rent is paid, the lawsuits have been quashed, this is 100% PROFIT. Whilst I'm not saying that they shouldn't make ridiculous amounts of profit, what benefits are we seeing because of this? 

Ah that's right, none. We get lag, bugs, unfinished products, paywalls, NPCs that disappear in the middle of cut scenes, staggered launches based on how much you pay, I can go on and on. It's unacceptable and you're the mug for accepting it. And once the launch dust has settled? LOL MOAR DLC PLS PAY. 

They know damn well that if they release a cracker of a game that their revenue stream will slow down because their new products won't be as lucrative. So they don't. Instead they release mediocre stuff and then make us pay for the privilege of more content when in reality this is all stuff that was probably created using the original budget and has merely been cut out so we can pay for it at a later date.

So no, the problem isn't that people can't afford more than one game. If someone wants a game they will make a plan. Might take a week, might take two, but it'll happen. We're talking about a £60 game here, not a £20k car. The problem is that companies have been taking the piss for so long that those of us who aren't blinkered by "omg they're all so amazeballs and we're so lucky to have them" are getting fed up. You know exactly how good a game can be on launch day, yet you still natter on about how it's always the gamer's fault?

Come on Lee. Don't be so naive. 

Thing is, I'm with your sentiment. I get it. I just don't believe that me, one person spending £43 (cos I wont buy it for 60) will make a difference. I cant start the revolution. I'm just being a realist.

It's got to be down to will I have enough to play in the game for value for money. I base that alot on hours played but I get we're all different.

I must admit though based on how I've always been, If this does get a paid DLC later on, those decisions take alot for me to be persuaded. Before I met you and FG peeps I'd never bought a DLC in my whole life. Still now, the only ones I've bought is a map pack for cod and Destiny xpacs. Even Destiny's ones though are bothering me if they keep their business model.

Back to Anthem, we don't actually know if they will introduce a paid DLC at some point. So I have to weigh up will I get enough playtime from 43 quid. I might. I'm still debating that but its kind of down to others buying it too.

Design by spreadsheet.
Short term profit is king.
Where CEOs are appointed for multi millions of dollars.
Where record profits are NEVER enough.
Where the actual workers are treated like shit and lose their jobs at the drop of a hat (yet haven't the nous to self-organise as a collective entity because unions are bad mkay)
Where most consumers buy what's presented to them without thought. Because of plastic shiny advertising and because the guy next door has it. No matter who or what was exploited.

The problem isn't Lee's, and it isn't limited to the gaming industry. It's ALL our problem and it don't see it get any better any time soon

Happy thoughts[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've read quite a few reviews from early purchasers and they all say the same:-

- Horrendous and relentless loading screens

- Mundane gameplay

- Ruthless rubberbanding catch-up to other players 

- Painfully repetitive and incredibly uninspired missions

- Pathetic mid-game level gating to string out the 10 hour 'story' further

- Worthless and boring loot

- Soulless open world design

- Brainless AI

- Embarrassing writing and characters

- Riddled with bugs 

- Endgame non-existent

- Even worse than vanilla Destiny and Warframe 2013

A few have even said it is the worst game of this type they've ever played.  I will wait and see how The Division 2 fares as that's out in a few weeks and although not radically different or improved; at least it's a proven brand and you know what you're getting into. 

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I cant start the revolution.

Not with that attitude you won't. 

Sorry if my post came across as abrasive earlier, but it's time for you to remove the rose tinted goggles and look at the bigger picture. Look at all the old games we had which were one time release and that was it. Bugs were much less, they had a million times more content*, no DLC, and they were more often than not quality products. Just because it's the only way to play AAA titles doesn't mean we need to accept it. I certainly don't anymore and refuse to pay launch prices for broken games. Anthem is a crock of shit for £60. The Division 2 is going to be a crock of shit for £60. Don't even think about arguing, you know just as well as I do that behind the scenes the developers are being pushed to code until there's no skin on their fingers to meet deadlines so that the shareholders get an extra point on their portfolio. I predict all the usual culprits:

• Unbalanced PVP.
  • Broken netcode.
  • Bugs everywhere.
  • Lack of content (PRE-ORDER NOW FOR THE EXTRA CONTENT!)
  • Broken party system or invites
  • Disconnects
  • Reskins everywhere of everything, from weapons to armour to bad guys

I can go on, but you know exactly what the deal is because you've seen it all a million times before. Don't buy at launch. Don't pre-order. Will you as an individual make a difference? No, probably not, but with you there are already 4 people in this thread alone who aren't buying it on launch. We need to make the shareholders wake the fuck up and realise that we're not just cash cows for them and by buying on launch, pre-ordering and paying for bullshit you're merely preventing those of us who are making a stand from achieving our goal. 

Remember, it only takes a spark to start a fire.

Be a spark lee. Don't be a fireman. Be a spark. 

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

stuff

Sadly this is true too. Humans are despicable creatures. Agent Smith put it well in that film with Neo in it:

I'd like to share a revelation I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to another area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.

banlol.png

27 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Not with that attitude you won't. 

Sorry if my post came across as abrasive earlier, but it's time for you to remove the rose tinted goggles and look at the bigger picture. Look at all the old games we had which were one time release and that was it. Bugs were much less, they had a million times more content*, no DLC, and they were more often than not quality products. Just because it's the only way to play AAA titles doesn't mean we need to accept it. I certainly don't anymore and refuse to pay launch prices for broken games. Anthem is a crock of shit for £60. The Division 2 is going to be a crock of shit for £60. Don't even think about arguing, you know just as well as I do that behind the scenes the developers are being pushed to code until there's no skin on their fingers to meet deadlines so that the shareholders get an extra point on their portfolio. I predict all the usual culprits:

• Unbalanced PVP.
  • Broken netcode.
  • Bugs everywhere.
  • Lack of content (PRE-ORDER NOW FOR THE EXTRA CONTENT!)
  • Broken party system or invites
  • Disconnects
  • Reskins everywhere of everything, from weapons to armour to bad guys

I can go on, but you know exactly what the deal is because you've seen it all a million times before. Don't buy at launch. Don't pre-order. Will you as an individual make a difference? No, probably not, but with you there are already 4 people in this thread alone who aren't buying it on launch. We need to make the shareholders wake the fuck up and realise that we're not just cash cows for them and by buying on launch, pre-ordering and paying for bullshit you're merely preventing those of us who are making a stand from achieving our goal. 

Remember, it only takes a spark to start a fire.

Be a spark lee. Don't be a fireman. Be a spark. 

Sadly this is true too. Humans are despicable creatures. Agent Smith put it well in that film with Neo in it:

😂😂 you weren't too abrasive, you didn't mean any harm as you're only speaking the truth about what's going on.

I don't come from your angle though. I'm not thinking we're in a state of disarray. I look at Brexit and everyone saying the world is gonna end if we don't leave. Now we're trying to leave, what's happened? Nothing. I don't feel any different and I chose to remain. I'm not concerned either as we'll deal it either way. The people that wanna moan will still moan. That's just life.

My want from games is more on a small scale for me. I want to selfishly know I'll get hours of game time out of it and there's objectives to chase and complete. The biggest thing for me though is finding games I can have some fun with my mates. This game has some potential in that, after seeing the reviews it is a game that can deliver some good grouping up options. The worry is for me the endgame isn't enough for everyones playstyle. Destiny 2 shown that when they dumbed down their progression to endgame and then we were left with 5 Powerful objectives for months which could be done in an hour.

I'm where Biron is right now but I know sometimes I get swayed by, "I love games, I want a new game". If that happens then I'll consider it.

To me, I don't want to change buying games in the marketplace, it's how games are maintained going forward. I wont buy their DLC if its shit and everyone doesn't wanna play it.

I've only ever pre-ordered one game. Destiny 2. I've only bought their DLC because I enjoy their content. If they show willingness here, I want to be more willing to show the love back however, I'm agreeing with your view that if its isn't worth playing I wont give them further money.

I just wont stop buying games because they need to change their business models (also, I'll be bored to fuck as I wont buy any MP games taking that approach). Focused efforts on not supporting their monetization is the way I like to focus my efforts in games.

After all this. Will I buy the game for £60? Hell no.

Will I buy the game for £43 which I've found (30% reduction) - possibly but still not sure.

We're derailing the endgame anthem thread a little so whilst I'm trying to answer your gaming world discussion, I'm still trynna keep this relevant to Anthem.

P.S. ideally, I just want my Sega cartridge games back which probably are worth far less than £60 as it's not maintained and they have about 8 levels but that's how my mind works and I know it won't happen anytime soon 😘

P.P.S. I did not want to buy Division 1. You told us to buy it because you said it was great, so I bought it regardless of what content or business model they had at the time. We all have different drivers to buy games and that's okay. 😀

18 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I take it all back. It's actually Lee after all.

That's because of my Brexit link 😂😂

Just now, phil bottle said:

Back to Anthem. The loading screens on their own are enough to put me off Anthem. That they appear without notice while traversing a map is pretty ludicrous.

Yeah, AngryJoe did a pick of a mission and loading screens and its ridiculous tbh. Apparently a patch will come soon to reduce the delay but not for the proper Day 1 release this Friday.

Also, I found Datto's review pretty good.