Division 2 or Anthem?

phil bottle

It'd be good if the FG community manages to settle on a game we all like and want to play together, other than the usual Density and COD shenanigans.

Anthem and Division 2 are the current games being touted for this special privilege.

Personally, I'm already no longer thinking of Anthem but Division 2 might be a PC and PS4 purchase if it's any good. Will see in next week's beta.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

My opinion has been for sometime that we should have all 3 - Division 2, Anthem and Destiny 2. There is no reason other than numbers why they all shouldn't exist. Our main problems are that we don't have the numbers and we need more people to work together to create an atmosphere and buzz about the games and here.

I'm willing and I hope more are too.

I am going with The Division 2, from what I've played, the work I have seen from the developers in person I certainly trust them more than I do EA. (The Anthem demo was neat but not impressive- it'll be a decent game in the end) I do not expect Div2 to pull a Destiny2 and start on the "1 step forward, 2 step back" path.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

My opinion has been for sometime that we should have all 3 - Division 2, Anthem and Destiny 2. There is no reason other than numbers why they all shouldn't exist. Our main problems are that we don't have the numbers and we need more people to work together to create an atmosphere and buzz about the games and here.

I'm willing and I hope more are too.
I meant as an alternative, not a replacement. And I know you're another who enjoyed the first one [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I am going with The Division 2, from what I've played, the work I have seen from the developers in person I certainly trust them more than I do EA. (The Anthem demo was neat but not impressive- it'll be a decent game in the end) I do not expect Div2 to pull a Destiny2 and start on the "1 step forward, 2 step back" path.
I pre-ordered Division 2 on Uplay already, love how you can exchange 100 experience points for a 20% discount. Reels in suckers like me every time [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Pretty depressing choice - it's like being asked whether you want to be punched or kicked in the bollocks. The Division 2 is at least a proven brand and we know what to expect. Anthem still has a lot of questions that wont be answered til after launch and even then, the game seems to be painfully average at best.

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Pretty depressing choice - it's like being asked whether you want to be punched or kicked in the bollocks. The Division 2 is at least a proven brand and we know what to expect. Anthem still has a lot of questions that wont be answered til after launch and even then, the game seems to be painfully average at best.

Is there any games you like at all? James would you bitch about a blow job? 

10 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Is there any games you like at all? James would you bitch about a blow job? 

🤣🤣🤣

I like games that aren't built on pure greed or a just soulless open world games plastered on a shallow live service. I come from an era where we didn't pay £1 for a red dot or £5 for a red gun or £10 for a brown suit or £20 for a helmet or £50 for a rare card or £100 for a legendary pixel.  It's 2019 and there are billions of dollars in the AAA gaming industry yet we are getting more mediocre games and weak brands than ever that are built on nothing but greed and below-par quality.  There's no reason why we shouldn't be getting quality games like God of War and RDR2 on the monthly in this era yet instead we're still getting the same old guff we got back in 2014 but with even more horrendous business practices.

Forgive me for being a bit dismayed but games like Fallout 76 and Diablo Immortal just don't pander to my standards these days😎

56 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

🤣🤣🤣

I like games that aren't built on pure greed or a just soulless open world games plastered on a shallow live service. I come from an era where we didn't pay £1 for a red dot or £5 for a red gun or £10 for a brown suit or £20 for a helmet or £50 for a rare card or £100 for a legendary pixel.  It's 2019 and there are billions of dollars in the AAA gaming industry yet we are getting more mediocre games and weak brands than ever that are built on nothing but greed and below-par quality.  There's no reason why we shouldn't be getting quality games like God of War and RDR2 on the monthly in this era yet instead we're still getting the same old guff we got back in 2014 but with even more horrendous business practices.

Forgive me for being a bit dismayed but games like Fallout 76 and Diablo Immortal just don't pander to my standards these days😎

I mean, there's a part of Life though you have to accept that things change and evolve. The world of gaming isn't like it was years ago.

That doesn't mean 'Just accept less'. In fact the world we live in now is more about better value for money and getting quality and quantity at the same time.

These 2 games for me will give some seriously big content drops of 'stuff to do'. Rather than pre-judge these titles im going to give them a real good go as they both have potential to bring a group of gamers together, just how Destiny was and still is.

I think Division 2 will still edge it out of both titles but let's see.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

🤣🤣🤣

I mostly agree with you,just busting your balls. 

I hate how how games are now built on micro transactions. If it’s purely cosmetic items I’m fine with it. 

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

If it’s purely cosmetic items I’m fine with it. 

I used to be satisfied with cosmetic items as it didn't affect core gameplay but it's becoming to be very prominent in games to the extent, it makes them look very tacky and with so much pressure on developers to create revenue streams with such content, it's also impacting the end-quality of these games and some are releasing very poorly or even incomplete. 

It may seem that I'm negative about a lot of these AAA games but it is these games that give me cause for complain. It's not like I'm moaning for the sake of it - I own practically all of them and simply echo the widespread complaints that these games have given their customers whether they are broken, unfinished, poor quality, built on greed etc...

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I mean, there's a part of Life though you have to accept that things change and evolve. The world of gaming isn't like it was years ago.

That doesn't mean 'Just accept less'. In fact the world we live in now is more about better value for money and getting quality and quantity at the same time.

I don't think gaming has really evolved that much though - Anthem and The Division 2 don't do anything new we haven't seen since 2014. The only thing that has truly evolved in this industry is income based off of microtransactions which are peddled from live services.  For example, Black Ops 4 MP probably has less features than Black Ops 1 yet it seems to have more because its just bloated with in-game purchases. 

I do think these MP focused live service games can provide value and entertainment but for me, they are not evolved enough and the F2P economies attached to these full priced games are something I find unacceptable and unnecessary greed. 

Anthem has been in development for 7 years which is as long as Red Dead Redemption 2. If it is anything short of incredible, I'd consider that an absolute disaster. 

@J4MES OX4D I get what you’re saying and agree mostly with you. With F2P games a lot is hidden behind pay walls or a very lengthy grind like Warframe. AAA titles are trying to keep up with a society that wants instant gratification with everything where nothing is earned. Cosmetic items really don’t bother me in games like CoD but piss me off in games like Destiny where that’s part of the game. Like getting a ship that does nothing for beating the raid but once you had it you rarely took it off or a shader but now they have monetized a very simple aspect but important part of the game. 

Companies dont care care about gamers or even their games anymore. All we are to them is a paycheck. Fortnight has proven that a free game can make millions by selling stupid skins and to me that’s the real problem. Even the once beloved 3Arc has taken it up the ass with this CoD by many people who have turned against the once savior of CoD. Developers will eventually learn that they need us gamers if they want to survive and thrive in this industry. Look what happened to EA with Battlefront. I think it will continue with big AAA games. Just have to give it time. 

Well from what I've seen anthem looks dull and runs slower than destiny when there's lots on the screen and division 2 well the division is one of the few games I've actually traded in and the second one doesn't look much different. With the better weather around the corner in expecting no hoping for less time to play so no plans to get either, however as playing with you guys is most of the fun I'll see how shit goes, at the moment out of those I can't see past divvy 2.