Anthem Microtransactions

J4MES OX4D

I mean you shared a screenshot of cosmetics and their prices, with "oof" prior. When it comes to the cosmetic world, as long as there are no items to be bought, no javelins, etc then it's a non issue. Agreed you have to wait to see, but you also kind jumped the gun with judgement until it's out. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Cosmetics, meh don't care, that's between the kids, their parents and their credit card bills[emoji23]

If its just the thin end of the wedge and prep for pay to win I think they'd get a shit storm, so hopefully won't happen...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

I mean you shared a screenshot of cosmetics and their prices, with "oof" prior. When it comes to the cosmetic world, as long as there are no items to be bought, no javelins, etc then it's a non issue. Agreed you have to wait to see, but you also kind jumped the gun with judgement until it's out. 

I just don't want to see a F2P economy in a full price game full stop. It's greedy, looks tacky and just oozes desperation to make money the easy way. Possibly £20 for a skin they could make in an hour which is 40% of the cost of the actual game is just outrageous even if it doesn't affect gameplay.  If they have to have such aggressive monetization in play then they must have low projections and expectations for the game. 

I'm not gonna lose my shit. Yet. I hear you Rob but on this one I feel like Angry Joe is right below.

Cosmetic microtransactions are absolutely fine in my book....but not at $20. Not even at $10.

It smells of Bioware testing out the reaction so when they bring it down to $10 it's somehow acceptable.

Microtransactions should be built so you reinvest in a game you enjoy and they use that to invest further into improvements over time.

Skins should only $3-4 max imo. Unless it's a super duper glorious shiny rainbow one that has emotes inbuilt and can interact with enemies in a funny way. That one is pay $£5-6 for :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Couldn't care less about cosmetics.  But I'm starting to feel that games are money extraction devices first, game second, and it's starting to show.  Swathes of game held back for DLC.  

No Pre-orders............

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......