Metro Exodus

J4MES OX4D

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Game is now a 1 year Epic Store exclusive. Steam pre-orders will remain honored. It will release on Steam in 2020.

Fuck that then. I'll pick it up for a fiver like I did with the first two. Epic Games are now the Manchester City of Stores. 

Yeah, I was 50/50 on getting it but the Steam Easter sale 2020 will be fine by me.

Think they've shot themselves in the foot here, no matter how much money Epic threw at them. It was the highest selling pre-order game on Steam and community hub is going berserk.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, I was 50/50 on getting it but the Steam Easter sale 2020 will be fine by me.

Think they've shot themselves in the foot here, no matter how much money Epic threw at them. It was the highest selling pre-order game on Steam and community hub is going berserk.

Epic take a 12% cut as opposed to Steam's 30% but surely they'd rather be on a platform with 120m+ active users than one consisting of less users, most of which are kids who are only interested in F2P Fortnite.  Even if Epic threw them a lump sum, it can't mitigate anywhere near the returns they would've got selling at £50 on Steam. Most publishers have also moaned about the lack of community features that Epic has yet they still take the bait.

Epic take a 12% cut as opposed to Steam's 30% but surely they'd rather be on a platform with 120m+ active users than one consisting of less users, most of which are kids who are only interested in F2P Fortnite.  Even if Epic threw them a lump sum, it can't mitigate anywhere near the returns they would've got selling at £50 on Steam. Most publishers have also moaned about the lack of community features that Epic has yet they still take the bait.
Baffling.

With Anthem releasing at the same time I think this is a bad move.

Unless the game is shit and they don't want Steam reviews advertising the fact. I doubt Epic has a user review system in place...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'll wait until next year when it's on Steam. I watched CohhCarnage play through it and it looked really solid. 
He released an impressions video on YouTube today. He loves the game.

I'll wait and see if it ends up on Steam next year.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg