This Is Anthem | Gameplay Series, Part 1: Story, Progression, and Customization

The3rdWalker

12 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

I have to admit the game is starting to get my attention, only need to see it's micro-transaction model and how deep the game gets. Could be a buy. 

This is how I feel @tronic44. Early doors the EA name and screenshots showing massive numbers on enemies was a real put off. However, the game is starting to grow on me.

I think it's just a looted shooter that's a different dynamic to Destiny so I don't compare them now (may change nearer the time). There's feelings it's nearer Diablo style settings rather than all the gunplay.

I think Its the javelin that looks like it would get a lot of Warframe people excites with quick movements and swordstyle attacks.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It just needs to be deep, I'm not saying 6,000 hours of gameplay but there has to be something in there that keeps you coming back. I can picture more javelins coming into the game you have to pay for which I would not like to see. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I just can't see any appeal sadly. Don't look a bad game by any means but it just doesn't entice me to want to even try it.  Warframe has been doing this for nearly 6 years now and Anthem doesn't really bring anything new to the table that we haven't seen in that, or in other games this generation.  The Division 2 looks a much safer bet a month later as a proven and established brand.

BioWare haven't really convinced either especially after Andromeda and they've spent a large portion promoting this game by looking for excuses and saying how much they want to make a new Dragon Age and Mass Effect game instead of being solely focused on this.  Doesn't ooze much confidence really.  

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

From what I see, the combat seems kind of slow and cumbersome. The big Javelins remind me of Mech warriors.

Part of it does however it looks more tactical in places. I'm sure lower levels will feel a little like button mashing but hopefully boss levels will be tactically fought as a group.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb