Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

McNasty

Anyone interested in talking about this chick lol?  29 year old rookie assigned to one of the 4 most important committees in the house?  From bartender to Wall Street regulator.  Lol this is like a 90s sitcom.  Leper’s in Boston, interested in your thoughts.

or just delete this I don’t care.  I know the politics stuff got squashed a while back so no worries.  

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t heard of her before so just did a bit of reading. I like the idea that an average Joe is put in a high position, that’s the problem in our country, everyone’s so out of touch with the real world. Sometimes we need these people to keep us grounded. I mean Trump was a business man and I fucking awful one at that. In this country we have people like James Reese Mogg, I doubt he’s ever seen poverty before, not even on the tv. 

I havent done done too much reading on her as I need to get to work but will try and follow this up over the weekend.

Anyone interested in talking about this chick lol?  29 year old rookie assigned to one of the 4 most important committees in the house?  From bartender to Wall Street regulator.  Lol this is like a 90s sitcom.  Leper’s in Boston, interested in your thoughts.

or just delete this I don’t care.  I know the politics stuff got squashed a while back so no worries.  
Is she the one who dared to dance? The reaction to her has been true to form.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just had a quick check to see why she's in the news again.

Run the train. Deary me.

American politics is like the worst, nastiest, stupidest soap opera in history. Your media outlets are all complicit. You get led by the nose, whichever side you'e on. And both sides are shit.

A bit like this country lately, we truly are cousins and we're all fucked [emoji23]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Run the train. Deary me.

American politics is like the worst, nastiest, stupidest soap opera in history. Your media outlets are all complicit. You get led by the nose, whichever side you'e on. And both sides are shit.

A bit like this country lately, we truly are cousins and we're all fucked emoji23.png

😂😭

8 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Run the train. Deary me.

A bit like this country lately, we truly are cousins and we're all fucked emoji23.png

Yeah, pretty much nailed it here lol.  It's a total shit show all around. Left, Right, seriously you couldn't write a soap opera this bad.   The media is absolutely obsessed with this girl.  She is fucking everywhere.  Every day, all day, any tweet or comment gets plastered across all media outlets.  It's nonstop.

I too like the idea of bringing in new and young blood to the mix, but I think they need some time to really understand how things work before they are giving the level of attention, and more importantly the credibility that has been gifted to her by the media.  She hasn't earned any of it.  She's a 29 year old bartender who won her district because she is an attractive, young, hispanic female who campaigned on giving away free shit.

I don't know if any of you watched those dating shows over the years like the Bachelor or Bachelorette, but I used to get a kick out of them and watched a few seasons (many years ago lol).  There was always a similar theme with a riff between the people in their 30s and the people in their 20s, comparing life experiences and how the young people really are clueless.  I was in my 20s when I watched those shows and always thought the older people had it all wrong.  Now I'm 36 and no question they were totally right.  I see this girl the same way.  I look at her, and the only thing I can think is  - you really have a lot of growing up to do lady.  "A" for effort, "F" for credibility.

If we didn't have an age limit of 35 years for being president, I swear to God all we would hear about is AOC for Prez!  And with how stupid voters are in this country, she'd probably win.  

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Is she the one who dared to dance? The reaction to her has been true to form.

What's really sad is that this "reaction" was a total media fabrication.  https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/05/ratio-in-progress-people-cant-find-examples-of-conservatives-mocking-the-aoc-dance-video-in-newsweeks-conservatives-mock-article/.

So the video gets posted by some neckbeard who then deletes his twitter account, and suddenly that gives the media the headline claiming conservatives are mocking her?  How about the headline "This random twitter user mocked her"?  Oh, because that doesn't tow the narrative.  That doesn't generate clicks.  That's the poision of our media right there.  They completely made up a story and it just replicated from one outlet to the next and then all of a sudden it's "news".  Nobody mocked her, nobody gives a shit.

There is so much fake news out there it's insane.

I think the only impartial place I can find news now is on Reddit.  Sounds weird, but I've found the news and politics sections to be really useful because of the comments.  "Journalists" post the news for clicks on their sites, and then real world people respond to it to help filter the BS.  The good information rises to the top quickly.  Thats my go-to even though Reddit tends to be super liberal.  I'm fine with that......I just want real information

I think the only impartial place I can find news now is on Reddit.  Sounds weird, but I've found the news and politics sections to be really useful because of the comments.  "Journalists" post the news for clicks on their sites, and then real world people respond to it to help filter the BS.  The good information rises to the top quickly.  Thats my go-to even though Reddit tends to be super liberal.  I'm fine with that......I just want real information
I agree, Reddit is a much better place for information. Even here though you still have to fact check sometimes.

For example, a thread recently was discussing a quote attributed to Aldous Huxley. It was a nice enough quote but when I checked, it wasn't a Huxley quote, and originated after he was long dead. But these things always come to light and get upvoted, as you say.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What's really sad is that this "reaction" was a total media fabrication.  https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/05/ratio-in-progress-people-cant-find-examples-of-conservatives-mocking-the-aoc-dance-video-in-newsweeks-conservatives-mock-article/.

So the video gets posted by some neckbeard who then deletes his twitter account, and suddenly that gives the media the headline claiming conservatives are mocking her?  How about the headline "This random twitter user mocked her"?  Oh, because that doesn't tow the narrative.  That doesn't generate clicks.  That's the poision of our media right there.  They completely made up a story and it just replicated from one outlet to the next and then all of a sudden it's "news".  Nobody mocked her, nobody gives a shit.

There is so much fake news out there it's insane.

Yep, no wonder a lot of people are so lost.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Shes bat shit crazy. The dance reaction was a ludicrous non story. I dont think the right or the GOP could give a fuck about her dancing.

Makes for good memes tho

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten