Being mindful of what you eat

GazzaGarratt

Bit of an old thread again, but how is everyone getting on in lockdown in terms of staying fit & healthy?

I managed to pick up a couple of resistance bands at the start of lockdown so have been using those to try and maintain muscle with a full body workout every other day. Have also lost 10lbs in the past 6 weeks. Actually been finding it easier in lockdown; no social events, no eating out, pubs/restaurants shut etc. Whilst others say its been hard because boredom eating.

How you guys holding up?

On 5/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, Dan94 said:

Have also lost 10lbs in the past 6 weeks.

Firstly, thats awesome Dan. Great work to lose anything in these days. Whilst social days are a distant memory atm, its not worked in my favour because my only bit of exercise previously was once a week footy for an hour to keep the blood pumping.

This past week i've tried to get out more for walks, especially with the dogs. Also briefly started some push ups too. I'm finding WFH actually gets more in the way of routine because you cram other activities, home, schooling, DIY, into the spots i'm not on the phone dealing with issues, decisions, etc for work.

Mentality and mindset just needs to shift a little bit for me but seeing you do so well has given me a little nudge. Nice one pal.

26 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Firstly, thats awesome Dan. Great work to lose anything in these days. Whilst social days are a distant memory atm, its not worked in my favour because my only bit of exercise previously was once a week footy for an hour to keep the blood pumping.

This past week i've tried to get out more for walks, especially with the dogs. Also briefly started some push ups too. I'm finding WFH actually gets more in the way of routine because you cram other activities, home, schooling, DIY, into the spots i'm not on the phone dealing with issues, decisions, etc for work.

Mentality and mindset just needs to shift a little bit for me but seeing you do so well has given me a little nudge. Nice one pal.

One thing I'd say is do things (where possible) at the same time. Eg when I work from home, 8-4, I have a 10 minute break in the morning, 30 min lunch and 10 min break in the afternoon. Instead of sitting chilling, I just go for a walk. All added up (10 minutes to eat lunch) is 40 minute walking during the day. So maybe means getting up a little earlier and getting it done before you start work, or do it after.

On 6/8/2020 at 12:01 PM, Dan94 said:

One thing I'd say is do things (where possible) at the same time. Eg when I work from home, 8-4, I have a 10 minute break in the morning, 30 min lunch and 10 min break in the afternoon. Instead of sitting chilling, I just go for a walk. All added up (10 minutes to eat lunch) is 40 minute walking during the day. So maybe means getting up a little earlier and getting it done before you start work, or do it after.

I'm with you in taking breaks - unfortunately I find I have less breaks on my work days because i'm at home. What  I have started to do though is walk with my daughter up and down the hill that my close is on whilst she rides her bike. It gets me 1k-2k steps in so hopefully it stays dry enough to do this a few times a day.