Hi everyone!

ChloeMiller

Hi guys, 

I'm Chloe.

I'm new to forums and the gaming world... My son has actually introduced me to gaming. I was always curious as to how someone can spend hours staring at a screen... Anyways, he's trying to push for faster broadband and I'm looking for options and trying to expand my general gaming knowledge :) 

Hi guys, 
I'm Chloe.
I'm new to forums and the gaming world... My son has actually introduced me to gaming. I was always curious as to how someone can spend hours staring at a screen... Anyways, he's trying to push for faster broadband and I'm looking for options and trying to expand my general gaming knowledge [emoji4] 
Welcome Chloe, your bot status may have been previously exaggerated, I'm pleased to note. We get that a lot.

You don't need super fast broadband for gaming, just reliability...unless your son is referring to download times. But there again, most gaming platforms in the UK cap the download speed at 10mps, so super fast broadband is redundant.

I've sky fibre personally.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hi Chloe, welcome to the forums. As Phil says, you don’t need super fast broadband to play games. Around 3mb and a consistent decent ping will do you fine. Although you’ll want more for downloading etc It’s hard to know what your ping will be like and whether it’ll bounce up and down. If you have any internet packages in mind that you were looking at, then drop them in here and we’ll be happy to look over them. Although make sure any personal info is blanked out or not there.

You can also test your current speeds at http://www.speedtest.net/ , make a note of the download, upload and ping. I’d do this 3 or 4 times so we can get an average and see if your ping is bouncing about.

Good to hear you’re getting in games, what platform do you play on and what games do you play? We have a pretty wide variety of people on this forum, young to experienced 🙂

Hope you enjoy your stay.

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

We have a pretty wide variety of people on this forum, young to old 

Fixed that for ya Rich!! 😂

Hi Chloe..welcome to our lovely home! 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Fixed that for ya Rich!! [emoji23]

Hi Chloe..welcome to our lovely home! [emoji106]
Rib has been calling me an old bastard recently so I'd prefer we stick to experienced if you don't mind [emoji16][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg