Hades

I am, in all honesty, a Supergiant Games fanboy. I will defend anything and everything they do. 
Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and now Hades. I loved the ever-living hell out of Bastion and Transistor. 
I have yet to play Pyre, but you can rest easy knowing that I have listened to it's soundtrack many.. many times. 

The beauty of games made by Supergiant is unmatched, in my opinion. Their simplistic and yet somehow intricate gameplay is something to be admired. 
Their storytelling may not be the best ever, but when you are playing the game it is all that you want.

The music.. god don't get me started on the music. Oh you're curious? Okay!
Darren Korb, the mastermind behind all of the music used in all of Supergiant's games is just that.. a master at his craft. 
When playing these games, the music is entrancing. It.. makes you feel. Happy, sad, like a badass when you're mid-fight. The music isn't just a backdrop, it isn't just something you pay attention to in passing. 
It has embedded itself into every aspect of the game, including the story. It helps move it along, it helps tell the story if you listen to the vocals. (Some by him, and some by Ashley Barrett.)
I have spent countless hours listening to the OST's of these games, and I will for many years to come.

But let me actually talk about Hades and why I am more excited than before.
Hades was announced this past week at The Game Awards into immediate Early Access. I do not have a PC to play this, so I am sad in that aspect. 
But the fact that it is in the works, and that there are plans to bring it to as many platforms as they can leaves me hopeful and anxious. 

Hades combines two of my favourite things when it comes to video games. Supergiant Games, and rougelike RPGs.
This is Supergiant's first venture into a rouguelike and I have utter faith that they will do it well. (I'll be refraining from watching/reading anything on the early access product.)
I am excite, guys. I've been listening to the Hades OST, found on Supergiant's yt, ever since they announced it and I'm filled with so much hype that I had to share it with people, even if they don't care.

If anyone has any interest, Transistor/Bastion/Pyre usually go on sale for 5 bucks every so often from their price of 20 bucks. Or if you own a PC and have the 20 to spare, get yourself that Hades Early Access. 
My favourite in the series is Transistor, definitely. Followed closely by Bastion. I recommend looking up gameplay first, as these games are likely not for everyone. But if I can convert someone into a fanboy then I'm all for it. 

2 hours ago, Horrible_Hector said:

I am, in all honesty, a Supergiant Games fanboy. I will defend anything and everything they do. 
Bastion, Transistor, Pyre, and now Hades. I loved the ever-living hell out of Bastion and Transistor. 
I have yet to play Pyre, but you can rest easy knowing that I have listened to it's soundtrack many.. many times. 

The beauty of games made by Supergiant is unmatched, in my opinion. Their simplistic and yet somehow intricate gameplay is something to be admired. 
Their storytelling may not be the best ever, but when you are playing the game it is all that you want.

The music.. god don't get me started on the music. Oh you're curious? Okay!
Darren Korb, the mastermind behind all of the music used in all of Supergiant's games is just that.. a master at his craft. 
When playing these games, the music is entrancing. It.. makes you feel. Happy, sad, like a badass when you're mid-fight. The music isn't just a backdrop, it isn't just something you pay attention to in passing. 
It has embedded itself into every aspect of the game, including the story. It helps move it along, it helps tell the story if you listen to the vocals. (Some by him, and some by Ashley Barrett.)
I have spent countless hours listening to the OST's of these games, and I will for many years to come.

But let me actually talk about Hades and why I am more excited than before.
Hades was announced this past week at The Game Awards into immediate Early Access. I do not have a PC to play this, so I am sad in that aspect. 
But the fact that it is in the works, and that there are plans to bring it to as many platforms as they can leaves me hopeful and anxious. 

Hades combines two of my favourite things when it comes to video games. Supergiant Games, and rougelike RPGs.
This is Supergiant's first venture into a rouguelike and I have utter faith that they will do it well. (I'll be refraining from watching/reading anything on the early access product.)
I am excite, guys. I've been listening to the Hades OST, found on Supergiant's yt, ever since they announced it and I'm filled with so much hype that I had to share it with people, even if they don't care.

If anyone has any interest, Transistor/Bastion/Pyre usually go on sale for 5 bucks every so often from their price of 20 bucks. Or if you own a PC and have the 20 to spare, get yourself that Hades Early Access. 
My favourite in the series is Transistor, definitely. Followed closely by Bastion. I recommend looking up gameplay first, as these games are likely not for everyone. But if I can convert someone into a fanboy then I'm all for it. 

Transistor is one of the best games available to download on PSN so I hear your recommendation and will be hoping for a platform release to come as soon as possible.

I picked this up mid week.  The graphics, gameplay, story and audio are all top notch.  The gameplay is giving me that Children of Morta kinda vibe.  I’ve been really enjoying the game so far.  But, I can see it becoming boring as it’s basically the same thing over and over.  The rooms are randomly generated after each death.  Boons and bonuses are rewarded here and there to enhance your abilities.  

if you liked Children of Morta or any of the developers previous games, definitely give this one a go.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

If anyone missed out on this, you can grab it for PS5 and xbox now.  Great.  Game.   This was one of my games of the year for 2020.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Tempted to pick this up around Christmas or before. Not sure how it'll handle with mouse and keyboard so I may grab it for PS5 or try it with my old Xbox One controller on PC. AAA gaming has disappointed once again this year so it looks like it'll be a quantity of quality indies I will grab instead. 

22 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Tempted to pick this up around Christmas or before. Not sure how it'll handle with mouse and keyboard so I may grab it for PS5 or try it with my old Xbox One controller on PC. AAA gaming has disappointed once again this year so it looks like it'll be a quantity of quality indies I will grab instead. 

@Stretch616  and @LordBaguette  have also been saying how impressed they are with it on their PS5s. A top game to pick up if you have 30 mins to an hour free.

53 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Stretch616  and @LordBaguette  have also been saying how impressed they are with it on their PS5s. A top game to pick up if you have 30 mins to an hour free.

Yea I enjoy it a lot. Easy to pick up and play but a hard one to master. One of the nicest looking indie games I’ve played as well. The characters that all speak to you, some just pictures and text, all still have loads of creativity and personality.

Only game I have played that is anywhere close is binding of Isaac, which I have just bought the expansion for. 

cba

Grabbed the game yesterday and it's absolutely fantastic! Love the dynamic story and sublime art style. There's not many games that have this level of polish and the mechanics are really slick. Took me about 7 runs just to beat the first boss but it's great gradually unfolding new items and other power ups to aid each run. I really like the writing and the characters are brilliant!

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett