Crash Team Racing

Glad they are rebooting some of the classic franchises although this one I actually didn't like. I was spoilt with Mario Kart at an early age so this never really compared to that.

I suppose it will be good to have an alternative MK that is on PlayStation.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Glad they are rebooting some of the classic franchises although this one I actually didn't like. I was spoilt with Mario Kart at an early age so this never really compared to that.

I suppose it will be good to have an alternative MK that is on PlayStation.

WHAT?!?! That is blasphemy! Lol to each their own Mario Kart is still king of the kart racers but I grew up with this game so my inner child is excited 

WHAT?!?! That is blasphemy! Lol to each their own Mario Kart is still king of the kart racers but I grew up with this game so my inner child is excited 
Completely agree. Played this a ton with my brother.

Via the FG App

On 12/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, VGon_BGon48 said:

I wonder who here will buy it I kinda want to do a CTR tournament when it comes out 

The promise of a potential tournament at FG with us going bonkers blowing each other up is probably the one thing keeping me interested.

@Findmartin, wanna buy it for yourself this time and bring it round so we can try it out? 😂😁

On 5/15/2019 at 7:22 PM, phil bottle said:

Footage of the game from a very good Gran Turismo youtuber

Its unavailable now :(

But I did find Arrekkz video with just over 10 minutes of gameplay. This would be worth the fun in a party alone i'm sure considering there isn't anything like a Mario Kart on a Playstation.

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Seems to be getting decent reviews. Might be a game to add to the FG games roster if enough people get it.

I'm debating a trip to Tesco already....

Thanks @MrBiron. @LordBaguette said he has it and he'll let us know how it feels.

To me it's been the late 90's 'Mario Kart' as they grow up so I can understand the hype. I'm not going to try and compare it to Mario Kart as best as i can as its more fun because its on a console most of us own here.

15 hours ago, MrBiron said:

5e6788555d0c06673ca15e1d946afafc.png
WWW.LADBIBLE.COM

It's been 20 years but there's a new 'Crash Team Racing', is it enough to take on Mario Kart? Here's what the critics think.

Its an interesting read that its a remake rather than a remastered version as per se.

Its getting high ratings imo because of the nostalgia factor alone. I've heard there's 8 player lobbies, which i'd hoped for more but it could still be good fun.

Problem for me a little bit is the boosting when you have to hop around corners. I just can't get on with that type of boosting but maybe I need to give it another go. @LordBaguette, does the adventure mode give you some decent playthroughs?

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Is it a Friday night type of game? If its only 4 player, that sucks, in this day and age.

It's an 8 player game online so has potential.

It's very arcadey and feels simplistic to turn. However to master you need to understand the boost system, which for some like @LordBaguette and @Greboth would be easy. My worry would be it wouldn't keep everyone close enough to have a laugh therefore the random weapon boxes to destroy people on the track would become redundant.

Personally, if you don't love Crash for nostalgia reasons, I think we should look at getting it for a little cheaper than it currently is.

I'll try it out with Tom and anyone else that has it. See if multiplayer has some fun Friday-esque moments in store.