Wireless issue

McNasty

I have a 100mb fiber connection from ATT at home.  My wireless speed, no matter where I am in the house, is stuck around 28mb.  I have an ATT modem, and Nighthawk r7000 router.  

I don't know what the issue is with wireless.  I have my xbox hard wired to the modem (couldn't get port forwarding to work on the router but got it to work on the modem).  Xbox gets over 100mb on speed tests.  My PC is hardwired into the router, and it get's over 100mb as well.  For the PC to get 100mb direct from the router, it must be receiving 100mb from the modem.  Why can't I get 100mb wireless from the router even when I'm standing right next to the router and I know it's delivering over 100mb to a hard wire connection?

Thanks man, I gave that a shot but didn't have any luck.  However I did end up fixing the issue.  I bothered with this router for a few hours today and then I remembered that the whole reason I was using it was because of all the port forwarding configurations for games that I don't even play anymore.  So I moved all the hard wire connections directly to the modem, and now using the modem for wireless instead.  That fix took all of 2 minutes and now I've got between 120-70Mbps all over the house.  

Funny issue. My internet lamp on my router is red, and should have been green obviously, but I still am online on mobile, PC and PS4. Did a speedtest and got 31/11 which is what I pay for (30/10). (500/500 fibre coming later this year finally!) 

Isn't this a bit odd?