The Outer Worlds

J4MES OX4D

Looks decent. Very fallout-esque indeed. I'd worry it wouldn't be that engaging though after fast forwarding to the enemies and how they interact with the player.

If its made by Obsidian you can expect an excellent content-filled RPG. They made the best Fallout game and the whole community has been dying for a New Vegas 2, so I'll be keeping an eye on it [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

This is going to be a permanent Epic Store exclusive now. 

Fuck that then. 

£40 saved. 
That's annoying but yeah I'm going to give it a swerve too, based on that.

Turns out the Metro Exodus is not a great port from console, you can't even rebind keys...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

This went live today and I've been on it this morning. Loving the game pass, I would have paid for this game.

It's excellent so far, runs smoothly, looks great and the shooting is decent, much better than Fallout's shooting mechanics.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Getting pretty big scores and great reviews so far.

Just sounds like a Fallout game done properly. Seem fair?

On that basis I still dont think I'll get it. I'd need to consume a huge amount of time on my own to get into it - and that wont happen with you lot around.

Still haven't got past the character creation screen on Fallout 4.

Resurrecting this thread from its year long hibernation.

After a little taste of the game on Xbox gamepass before it ran out I waited a year for the Steam release and i also bought the dlc pass too. Green Man Haming were selling the game for £21 and I got the dlc pass from Humble Bundle for £18. Nice.

It's been optimised even more since I last played from what I can tell. I'm running it with everything on Ultra  at 1440p and I'm getting 120 fps.

I played a bit over the weekend and I'll try and get as much done as I can before Watch Dogs releases. And then get through as much of that as possible before Cyberpunk releases. Lucky I'm not picking up a PS5 yet as Demon Souls, AC Valhalla, Gran Turismo and more are releasing. 

Nothing but games as far as the eye can see until the new year and I've not even mentioned COD.

I've gone soooooo off topic. Outer Worlds is good, but no Fallout beater, yet. If they get a bigger budget next time round I'd say it needs a better and bigger game world, a graphics upgrade, less annoying side companions, more sophisticated and nuanced character choices and development and AI.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 10/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, phil bottle said:

Outer Worlds is good, but no Fallout beater, yet.

That is a statement Philly. This got rave reviews at the time and i had held it my mind as the way better than the latest few Fallouts. Are you more referring to earlier Fallouts like number 3?

49 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That is a statement Philly. This got rave reviews at the time and i had held it my mind as the way better than the latest few Fallouts. Are you more referring to earlier Fallouts like number 3?

First things first, these guys made Fallout New Vegas, most people's favourite, so they know how to make a Fallout game. Bethesda treated them quite badly and made them release a game that was buggy as hell upon release. But it was a great game so people often forget that.

The main reason this comes close but no cigar is because it's a lot smaller and more restricted. It's not really an open world rpg in the same way. There's more to come from Obsidian though, now they're being properly backed by Microsoft. Plus Bethesda are there too now so good things to come I hope.

I'd still recommend Fallout 4 and even 76 over this, it's a great game just too narrow in scope.

And the enemy AI is dumb as fuck.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg