Far Cry New Dawn

J4MES OX4D

Far Cry 3 was the last one I really enjoyed and probably the best in the entire franchise. Far Cry 4 I found boring and Far Cry 5 was decent entertainment but got very repetitive and had extremely bad pacing. New Dawn will probably end up being a Hippy version of Primal and it's lower priced without a season pass so it's clearly coming in as a spin-off.

Not happy with the direction this series has taken or its live service impact. The DLC to 5 was absolute utter shite too.  

I actually don’t mind the look of that, it’s always been about the story for me, so if that’s any good 👍

Far Cry 3 was the best by far, such a great game. I didn’t even mind primal to be honest, as it was something completely different.

Funnily enough FC5 is half price on Steam now. I contemplated picking it up but just reinstalled FC4 instead, as I've barely played it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's a good shout actually. I'd rather go back to try and get back into Far Cry 4 rather than buy 5.

Also, it's more of a personal issue, but I find it hard to buy a standalone game spin off if I haven't played and enjoyed Far Cry 5. Good concept though as people because I imagine people can buy this on it's own before judging if FC5 is for them?

Be interested to see if there's any variance to the gameplay.

FC3 was an amazing game. I've got FC4 but have only played a couple of hours. It's decent but nothing to pull me back to play it more right now. Seems to me like they're releasing FC games left and right. They need to slow it down and put some real time and effort into making something a step up.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

They clearly must still have a large fanbase that keeps the franchise going, a little like FIFA. These games don't really seem to evolve at all yet their model to release a game or two a year still delivers because of the name.

It has to still follow the theme but I don't see any variance in missions, etc not like Ghost Recon Wildlands when they added things like the Predator mission.

Using the same map and resources means they shouldn't be charging full price, hope they're not, otherwise think that's a bit naughty.

I liked what they did following FC3 by releasing Blood Dragon and for a 3rd of the price.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

43 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Using the same map and resources means they shouldn't be charging full price, hope they're not, otherwise think that's a bit naughty.

I liked what they did following FC3 by releasing Blood Dragon and for a 3rd of the price

It's like £38 on PC which is cheaper but still way too expensive IMO. Dunno why they waste their time on these spin-offs - Primal was a fuck up, the FC5 DLC was a shambles and now this. Blood Dragon was ingenious and refreshing like RDR's Undead Nightmare but now it's just any old cash grab in as little as time possible.