7 Year Old YouTube Reviewer Made $22m Last Year!!

Well, that's his education paid for!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46427910

A seven-year-old boy who reviews toys has been revealed as YouTube's highest-earning star, raking in $22m (£17.3m).

The estimate by Forbes magazine found that Ryan of Ryan ToysReview pipped Jake Paul by $500,000 for the 12 months to June.

Videos are posted most days and one promoting a blue giant mystery eggbearing Ryan's face has had more than a million views since Sunday.

The Dude Perfect channel was in third place, making $20m, Forbes said.

Ryan's earnings, which do not include tax or fees charged by agents or lawyers, have doubled compared with the previous year.

Asked by NBC why kids liked watching his videos, Ryan - who is now eight - replied: "Because I'm entertaining and I'm funny."

Since the channel was set up by Ryan's parents in March 2015, its videos have had almost 26 billion views and amassed 17.3 million followers.

Forbes said all but $1m of the $22m total is generated by advertising shown before videos, with the remainder coming from sponsored posts.

The amount generated by sponsored posts is small compared with other top YouTubers, Forbes writes. It is "the result not only of how few deals Ryan (or his family) chooses to accept, but also the fact that his pint-sized demographic isn't exactly all that flush".

YouTube stars

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I have never even heard of that kid until now. Looks like he's more of a puppet behind his parents and they are milking it to the max. 

The rest of the list is practically the scum of the internet top to bottom. You have e-beggars, clickbaiters, fan scammers, liars and retards on there.  YouTube is an absolute hellhole. 

That kids parents are actually doing a really good job managing that business.  It’s their full time job.  I saw a show about it and they have seem to really have their shit together.  They’re even going to release their own toy line.  It wouldn’t surprise me if they end up billionaires 

That kids parents are actually doing a really good job managing that business.  It’s their full time job.  I saw a show about it and they have seem to really have their shit together.  They’re even going to release their own toy line.  It wouldn’t surprise me if they end up billionaires 
I feel kinda like this, the parents have seized an opportunity and you still have to be fairly switched on to make this happen. They have to keep switched on all the time and I suppose the kid himself is having the best time of his life at 7!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

This list is total BS.  Jacksepticeye making more than Pewds, are they kidding?  I've heard this list mentioned by several YouTubers who call out its authenticity.  Either way, a Toy Reviewer surely should not be topping the highest earners list on a platform featuring top gamers, musicians, comedians, actors etc.

3 hours ago, SPFreely said:

Either way, a Toy Reviewer surely should not be topping the highest earners list on a platform featuring top gamers, musicians, comedians, actors etc.

Why not? There’s an awful lot of kids in the world watching YT and it’s a children’s toy review channel....I can believe it

7 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Why not? There’s an awful lot of kids in the world watching YT and it’s a children’s toy review channel....I can believe it

In light of all the competition and all the talent that's flooded YouTube?  I mean sure it's possible for toy reviewers to do well financially and grow their channels to have a decent following.  I just think in light of everything one has to compete with, how did this kid come out on top?🤔

3 minutes ago, SPFreely said:

In light of all the competition and all the talent that's flooded YouTube?  I mean sure it's possible for toy reviewers to do well financially and grow their channels to have a decent following.  I just think in light of everything one has to compete with, how did this kid come out on top?🤔

Top 9 separated by $5 million...top are big risers mainly by others dropping down by more tha 2 places. Also,  he has improved his position from last year but there are two new entries at #5 and #8 who appear to have created viewing “worth” of $15.5m and $18m respectively from, presumably, a standing start or a much lower position last year.

I think the Toy Reviewer audience demographic is probably broader (i.e. young children and possibly young parents) and possibly the monies paid by toy companies could conceivably be greater than the rival channel sponsors.

At the end of the day, it’s all dumb