HI I CAN DO REVIEWS ALSO LOL

Diddums

Let me start off by saying that I hate RPGs. All of the Fallout games? Nope. Elder Scrolls? Nope. No, not even Guyrim. Metro? Nein. I am yet to complete a GTA game beyond GTA 1. The only RPG which really held my attention properly was WoW and STALKER. 

Red Dead 1 was a borefest for me, I lasted about an hour and got rid. 

As I'm sure any self respecting gamer will know, every now and then a game is released which single handedly embarrasses the rest of the gaming industry and after years of hearing Youtubers suck off the clusterfucks that are released as collections of unoptimized bugs, glitches and sub-par shite which focuses on flogging loot boxes and DLCs rather than... you know... being a game, it's refreshing to play a game which looks at the entire industry and goes "hold my beer". That game, this time around, is Red Dead Redemption 2. 

I am playing it on PS4, not a Pro so I don't have all the 4k stuff and just like Rockstar did with GTA 5 at the end of the PS3's life cycle, they've pretty much torn all the other devs a new one. From the various disconnection messages of Destiny, to the constant freezing, locking, and unable-to-record-any-gameplay-because-it-takes-five-hours-to-load-the-sharing-interface that is Black Ops 3, Rockstar has yet again shown what this aging console is capable of when you develop a game properly. Everything about this game is smooth, buttery smooth. The graphics are on a whole different level to any other triple A title I've played in the last few years, the sound is astonishing even down to the conversations and interactions with NPCs. I just spent 15 minutes riding a wagon around, looking at all the scenery, the little rabbits, deer and other wildlife roaming around, just soaking it all in. No other game has made me do this in years.

The pace of the game is slow and relaxing. You can rush through everything but you'll be missing out on a world with more details than any other game I have played in recent memory. I also just found out that even my horse's bollocks grow and shrink according to the weather. I have no idea what kind of person focuses on their horse's plums in a video game and whether I should re-evaluate who I game with but there's no denying that it's ridiculous to have these tiny little things in the game that normal people would never notice. And the game is dripping in them. Everywhere you look, the attention to detail is amazing. 

The gun fighting and cover system is textbook GTA but with extra polish and it's very, very good. The fights at this point feel a bit easy but I suspect they're going to get a lot more difficult as the game goes on. 

I'll update this as I go as I still have to discover all the crafting, gathering, trading and other stuff in the game but so far this is the best game I've played in over a decade. 10/10 for me so far.

banlol.png

It was actually Nutty who pointed it out, no idea what his source is. 

@BO7H B4RRELS you know I've got the attention span of ooooooh butterfly. Plus most of the big RPGs came out during my WoW phase, and nothing could knock that game off its throne. 

I do still have a hat, this seems to be a thing. Crashing horses is fun. Also, I'm now a million miles away from anywhere with no fast travel because I picked up a side mission and spent the next hour travelling through the countryside and admiring it all. I did however find an enemy gang camp, so I killed them all and stole their celery.

banlol.png

This is the first time since WoW that I’ve actually wanted to rush home to the play a game, and the first time ever on a single player game. It’s mind meltingly good. 

banlol.png

1 hour ago, techno said:

I need to get back into it. I rushed through GTA5 but im not going to do it with red dead.

What type of player are you ? good or bad? Chances are im killing everyone.

I'm good. Only killed a few randoms so far and am actually enjoying being the nice guy for once, maybe I'm getting old. 

Next time I'll do the proper outlaw thing and fuck everyone up. 

banlol.png

55 minutes ago, Diddums said:

I'm good. Only killed a few randoms so far and am actually enjoying being the nice guy for once, maybe I'm getting old. 

Next time I'll do the proper outlaw thing and fuck everyone up. 

Yeah I wanted to let people go but got the controls mixed up so killed everyone 😁