Borderlands 3

GazzaGarratt

I've watched a tiny bit of gameplay today and I must admit it looks like they've done a great job. Initial feedback i'm hearing is the shooting has been done right this time whereas on previous Borderlands games they were a bit clunky. I only played a bit of BL2 so I can't really comment myself on that.

This could land really REALLY well in September against not much competition either.

giphy.gif

On 4/10/2019 at 2:52 PM, phil bottle said:

Randy Pitchford is a running joke in the gaming world, but then these days, he's in good company.

He claimed there would be no micro transactions in the game and then went on a massive Twitter rant when people called him out on his BS. He seems to think that cosmetic only MTXs aren't actually MTXs 😕

fart.gif

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

He claimed there would be no micro transactions in the game and then went on a massive Twitter rant when people called him out on his BS. He seems to think that cosmetic only MTXs aren't actually MTXs 😕

Yep! It was hilarious because in the presentation when he claimed there were ''NO MICROTRANSACTIONS'', there were already press information sheets in the audience which outlined the microtransactions the game would have! A nice video on his tantrum here:-

Another game that will be in a bargain bucket for £5 before I buy it.

These tosspots developers and publishers can do what the fuck they like I suppose, I don't  need to buy their games :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Another game that will be in a bargain bucket for £5 before I buy it.

These tosspots developers and publishers can do what the fuck they like I suppose, I don't  need to buy their games :)

I wouldn't wait that long tbh. The hype seems real regardless of how Randy can mess up any type of communication that spills out of his mouth. Equally, i'm not naive to see that there's many fans of Destiny that were OG fans of Borderlands before it came out. Could swing a large portion of player base their way.

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I wouldn't wait that long tbh. The hype seems real regardless of how Randy can mess up any type of communication that spills out of his mouth. Equally, i'm not naive to see that there's many fans of Destiny that were OG fans of Borderlands before it came out. Could swing a large portion of player base their way.

I haven't seen anything that looks different to previous Borderlands other than the ability to hurdle obstacles. I hear crap like "yeah it doesn't seem different until you go back to one of the previous ones"

Yawn.

How exactly is the 'hype real'? :)

I think people hype themselves too much.  Stop it.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Its difficult these days to get hyped about anything because many gamers are goign through the 'oh, its another sequel so we're not allowed to feel good about it in any way'. The talk for a BL3 game has been out there for many months and when the news broker you could see hype was building. I've looked at reviews, seen some gameplay and looked up the MTX crap thats been talked about.

Yes, Randy seems like a penis for not being able to admit it cosmetic microtransactions. BUT the gameplay looks polished and far more sleeker than BL2, the colours seem very inviting and the worlds do too. The vanilla campaign apparently has 30 hours of content and then you have replayability factors. That seems enough to me to feel good about this game and maybe it'll capture me when it comes out.

We might as well not play games anymore if sequels aren't anything like their predecessors. People buy them because they love the DNA of the game.

Its difficult these days to get hyped about anything because many gamers are goign through the 'oh, its another sequel so we're not allowed to feel good about it in any way'. The talk for a BL3 game has been out there for many months and when the news broker you could see hype was building. I've looked at reviews, seen some gameplay and looked up the MTX crap thats been talked about.

Yes, Randy seems like a penis for not being able to admit it cosmetic microtransactions. BUT the gameplay looks polished and far more sleeker than BL2, the colours seem very inviting and the worlds do too. The vanilla campaign apparently has 30 hours of content and then you have replayability factors. That seems enough to me to feel good about this game and maybe it'll capture me when it comes out.

We might as well not play games anymore if sequels aren't anything like their predecessors. People buy them because they love the DNA of the game.
Seems legit[emoji39]

I liked the first game, primarily because of the story and characters.
The second one, hmmm well the story was less engaging, and the mixture of bullet sponge and repetitive gameplay made it more of a chore to play.
They also removed the equipment modding, which i personally liked.
Still managed about 50 hours but that was probably because of co-op.

At the very most, like Rib, I'll be waiting till it goes onto Steam. In a sale.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I certainly wont be picking this up until April 2020 when it's expected to be released on Steam. I'd then expect to pay no more than £19.99 but I feat they'll use that launch as an excuse to charge another £39.99. I deleted my Epic account and flushed all that Chinese shit off my PC this week and will never buy anything from the Epic Store. It's sad to see developers/publishers doing this - it may be attractive financially with a small cut and an Epic backhander but for the gamer it's a fucking disgrace. The Epic platform has less features than Steam did back in 2003. Embarrassing. 

I do like the look of Borderlands 3 but Pitchford, 2K and Gearbox are a match made in hell for trust and bad industry ethics. Randy is the biggest bullshitter out there and 2K love microtransactions so much, they tell their own players to write to the Belgium government and beg them to change the law so they can continue selling lootboxes. How could we forget Battleborn too. So far I'm still very interested in the game but I fear there is more controversy on the way.

@NCA-Paendrag @techno I was like that years ago. Until a game called XIII came out on Xbox. Gameplay was awesome and made me realise that actually there's crisper moments that come from clean cartoon edges.

Theres a big difference between Overwatch / Borderlands cartoony feel and Fortnite.

I feel give it a go with others tonhepp explain what goes on and you'll likely enjoy it.

The Borderlands aesthetic isn't to everyone's taste sadly. It's a shame because it's probably a better series than what Destiny is in terms of concept and execution but the visuals can be off-putting for some. I really like Borderlands but I can't help but feel if it was more realistic, I'd absolutely love it. 

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@NCA-Paendrag @techno I was like that years ago. Until a game called XIII came out on Xbox. Gameplay was awesome and made me realise that actually there's crisper moments that come from clean cartoon edges.

Theres a big difference between Overwatch / Borderlands cartoony feel and Fortnite.

I feel give it a go with others tonhepp explain what goes on and you'll likely enjoy it.

Valid points but think I'll give it a miss nevertheless. 

17 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Borderlands: the handsome collection is currently free via PS Plus if you wanna try it out, it's not as cartoony as you'd think. At lease nowhere near Fortnite levels of cartoony.

I had seen that and thought about doing just that 

I had seen that and thought about doing just that 
Nothing ventured, nothing gained [emoji106]

I'm also not a fan of cartoony stuff unless it's a platformer or on a Nintendo console but with this game I think it's more that it's cell shaded graphics that kind of give off that look. My only gripe with Borderlands is that it can sometimes feel too bullet spongey.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained emoji106.png

100% agree. If BL Collection is free right now you haven't lost anything to try it out.

@J4MES OX4D, yeah I kinda get that thought about the comparison to Destiny. The fact these started the looter shooter franchise says it all really.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:49 PM, phil bottle said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained emoji106.png

I'm also not a fan of cartoony stuff unless it's a platformer or on a Nintendo console but with this game I think it's more that it's cell shaded graphics that kind of give off that look. My only gripe with Borderlands is that it can sometimes feel too bullet spongey.

I downloaded it, won't have time to give it a go for a couple of weeks though but it's there waiting